Microsoft Rewards

stefcha

6 hours ago, metallicfrodo said:

I’m sure you know, but the best points to return ratio for GPU is to get 3 months of Gold for 15k which converts to 50 days of GPU on a current sub.

I vaguely recall but hadn't looked into it yet because my $1 for 3 years thing isn't up until June 2022.  Glad there's a cheaper way of doing it though, slightly easier to basically never have to pay for GPU.

Just purchased the official wireless headset with my points, I was a tenner shy but I didn’t want to miss out on it being back in stock, as it often isn’t. Anyone interested it’s still available on the store :)

If you're looking for a quick achievement for Flight Sim (for the 250 points thing), change the weather during free flight. That said, I couldn't get it to unlock until I added wind. I even hard reset the console thinking QR was interfering with an achievement dinging but no, simply changing the weather seemingly wasn't enough. It unlocked shortly after I changed the weather and added a wind layer.

I toggled Live Weather off and changed to a number of different things (fine, storm, snow, etc.) and it wouldn't have it. This was over a number of minutes too, as I did the full reset and QR quit. Typically, achievements pop quickly for me so no idea what was going on there.

There’s a few easy ones in MSFS, such as doing any activity, or focussing on a landmark for 3 secs, and changing the weather, but after that they become a bit trickier if you don’t actually want to learn how to play properly or put the hours in (many are based on time played, distance flown etc)

There’s one for refuelling which appears easy (just call the fuel truck from ground services, alter your fuel tank level) but I’ve never managed to get it to work. 

4 hours ago, TehStu said:

If you're looking for a quick achievement for Flight Sim (for the 250 points thing), change the weather during free flight. That said, I couldn't get it to unlock until I added wind. I even hard reset the console thinking QR was interfering with an achievement dinging but no, simply changing the weather seemingly wasn't enough. It unlocked shortly after I changed the weather and added a wind layer.

This was one of the hardest (or at least annoying) achievements I ever had to get. Game is completely broken of you've ever played it on PC and had to search out how to change controls to work on a pad so I could even get into a flight to change weather. Had to plug a bloody mouse in!

Quite surprisingly fucked up from MS and amazing they've not patched it yet.

2 hours ago, thesnwmn said:

This was one of the hardest (or at least annoying) achievements I ever had to get. Game is completely broken of you've ever played it on PC and had to search out how to change controls to work on a pad so I could even get into a flight to change weather. Had to plug a bloody mouse in!

Quite surprisingly fucked up from MS and amazing they've not patched it yet.

On a pad click the left stick then select the weather (cloud) icon and you should able to change weather, time of day, etc. from there mid-play. 

5 hours ago, Stanley said:

On a pad click the left stick then select the weather (cloud) icon and you should able to change weather, time of day, etc. from there mid-play. 

Oh I did it. But I couldn't even go flying until I plugged a mouse in so I could even properly enable controller input again. When trying to start flying most screens wouldn't let me interact with half the displayed inputs.

The game downloads your settings from PC and fucks up so expects mouse and keyboard even though none is plugged in. It should auto-revert to controller but doesn't.

7 minutes ago, thesnwmn said:

Oh I did it. But I couldn't even go flying until I plugged a mouse in so I could even properly enable controller input again. When trying to start flying most screens wouldn't let me interact with half the displayed inputs.

The game downloads your settings from PC and fucks up so expects mouse and keyboard even though none is plugged in. It should auto-revert to controller but doesn't.

Ah I understand you now.

19 hours ago, Stanley said:

or focussing on a landmark for 3 secs

With a particular camera setting, right? I did attempt that and was sure I was close enough to the Sydney Opera house, but it didn't trip so I went back to troubleshooting the weather. I think I'll leave it in case I need another FS achievement to hand.

Alas, I barely have time to play it properly so it's been reduced to a glorified Google Maps.

Reward Points' conversion rate (£=5850 points) is very disappointing, I just did the calculation, it looks like I've got £110, but I've only got £90. 

I'm holding on for a new Elite Controller and hoping they release a V3 when I've got the right number of points. I'd totally cash in what I've got and grab a Halo version of the V2 if they had any stock... but they don't.

So weird how poor they are at stocking things I want to buy, but excellent at offering stuff I don't want. 

26 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Got my headphones today, fucking ace they are, and cost me only a tenner using rewards :)

I think they're great - although I have been noticing some spells where I all of a sudden start getting a lot of drop-outs - like a stuttering in the sound, almost like the signal is cutting in and out. It doesn't happen all the time - so I'm wondering if it's some other device interferring, or maybe even when the battery gets low or something.

Anyone else using them and get anything similar at all?

On 09/09/2021 at 10:34, Skull Commander said:

You can figure what reward challenges are coming up by what I have deleted off my hard drive lately. Just got rid of Flight Simulator and surprise, up pops a challenge today! 

You will never guess what has happened again... 

5 hours ago, rgraves said:

I think they're great - although I have been noticing some spells where I all of a sudden start getting a lot of drop-outs - like a stuttering in the sound, almost like the signal is cutting in and out. It doesn't happen all the time - so I'm wondering if it's some other device interferring, or maybe even when the battery gets low or something.

Yes, I got it a lot on Psychonauts 2, but very rarely in other games. I was going to contact support about it as I’m sat within 3-4ft of the console. 

Other than that, they’re bloody great. 

14 hours ago, rgraves said:

I've been getting this recently on wired headphones plugged into the controller, so I don't think it's necessarily the fault of your headset.

It would happen reliably when playing Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, every time I unlocked an achievement. The sound would break up and be crackly for a few seconds, every time. This week I've been getting it intermittently on scene changes in Life is Strange: True Colors.

It's not completely random, it's definitely connected to what's going on. Obviously not right though. Are you using the Dolby Atmos for Headphones plug-in, my suspicion is there might have been an update to that recently that's caused a few issues?

11 hours ago, shirubagan said:

Yes, I got it a lot on Psychonauts 2

That's exactly what I'm getting it in right now!

I might stick in a support ticket....although it looks like they don't have an option to do that online? Only if I call them!?

12 hours ago, Garwoofoo said:

It's not completely random, it's definitely connected to what's going on. Obviously not right though. Are you using the Dolby Atmos for Headphones plug-in, my suspicion is there might have been an update to that recently that's caused a few issues?

I used to get this before I bought and installed the Dolby stuff, going way back. I haven't noticed it on my XSX, but I use headphones on the pad much less than I typically do XB1. 

12 hours ago, Garwoofoo said:

I've been getting this recently on wired headphones plugged into the controller, so I don't think it's necessarily the fault of your headset.

It's been like that forever, even on Xbox One for me,  I've never noticed it being closely linked to a particular event like your achievements, but that is interesting. I wonder if I'll notice something now.

If it is related to things running in the background, I wonder if it's linked to those progress meters in games updating? I wonder if games where you have unlocked all the achievements are breakup free.