Microsoft Rewards

stefcha

I spent about 3 hours playing the main game until I saw the post in here saying to go in the arcade mode.

I was though very surprised at how unfinished it looked and felt, almost like it was a beta trial rather than full game. Did the devs just give up on it after a while, comparing it to say Fortnite the performance was abysmal.

It's incredibly tense if you get into it, more stealth and planning than similar games. Just being out in the open is a massive risk, which makes you play a certain way. Certainly not for everyone. 

I don't really want to stick up for it, it's an awful looking game and not much fun if you don't want to wait long periods, but it has some merit. 

14 hours ago, Percy Filth said:

It's incredibly tense if you get into it, more stealth and planning than similar games. Just being out in the open is a massive risk, which makes you play a certain way. Certainly not for everyone. 

I don't really want to stick up for it, it's an awful looking game and not much fun if you don't want to wait long periods, but it has some merit. 

I think you should stick up for it! 😀

I hadn't played it in ages, but I did for this challenge,  it is clunky and I think you could describe the visuals  animation and sound as utilitarian if you wanted to be charitable, but it has personality. It's so incredibly tense, brutal and has a real coldness to it, imo. It really feels like a fight for survival amongst average people,  with a smattering of psychopaths who have killed before and will do it again and revel in it,  while most people are terrified and just trying to get by. The problem is that you never know who you're going to meet.   Perhaps I subconsciously created my own narrative in absence of the game itself having one! 

When I used to play Pubg, I saw so much variety in player behaviour,  more so than in Blackout, it feels like that personality makes it play differently to other Battle Royales. 

Alternatively,  it's so clunky and difficult to reload, get a shot on target or know if you're safe that everyone's playing like a psychopath from their perspective,  the game just makes them seem inept.