IGNORED

Microsoft Rewards

stefcha

11 minutes ago, Benny said:

In the "Which planet in the solar system do you find more fascinating" daily poll, I was sure Uranus would be winning... Internet redeemed.

I reckon it's a test to catch out automation extensions doing it. It's the only way venus is winning so easily. 

There’s a v quick way to get 50pts that’s popped up on the rewards app tonight:

“F1 2021 Play the free trial to earn (50) points”

Worried about the rather large 81.37GB download? Don’t be, as soon as I set it going it gave me the points, hurrah :).

On 08/10/2021 at 19:59, womble9 said:

Worried about the rather large 81.37GB download? Don’t be, as soon as I set it going it gave me the points, hurrah :).

I just got the points for going to "check it out". Back away from the store and you get the points 

Historically I don't think Achievements from 360 games have counted towards punch card promotions; I guess they're tracked differently on the backend. I know that Dead Space 3 is explicitly part of the promotion, but I suspect it won't work.

On 08/10/2021 at 19:59, womble9 said:

Are these different per person? I haven’t received that one.

49 minutes ago, Ferine said:

Historically I don't think Achievements from 360 games have counted towards punch card promotions; I guess they're tracked differently on the backend. I know that Dead Space 3 is explicitly part of the promotion, but I suspect it won't work.

I've often claimed 360 achievements, never had a problem even when playing on a 360.

4 hours ago, Ferine said:

3 hours ago, Fry Crayola said:

I've often claimed 360 achievements, never had a problem even when playing on a 360.

Dunno it’s been a specific problem with these 500 point top ten promos for a few months now, the 360 games don’t seem to make it pop (but they do work for other reward promos such as the weekly game pass achievement or the daily one in the rewards app).

FWIW I tried Limbo twice (on Xbox and also on PC as separate achievement list) and got the wrong way achievement twice (how did I miss that when I originally played it…) and neither worked. Undertale (which is a Xbox One game) worked fine

9 hours ago, dreamylittledream said:

Dunno it’s been a specific problem with these 500 point top ten promos for a few months now, the 360 games don’t seem to make it pop (but they do work for other reward promos such as the weekly game pass achievement or the daily one in the rewards app).

Ah, could it be that the 360 games are actually different releases in those cases? Limbo, for example, has a 360 version and an Xbox One version, and it'd make sense only the latter is set up for the reward.

Edit: when it's not just broken, of course, as evidenced by the below.

1 hour ago, Fry Crayola said:

Ah, could it be that the 360 games are actually different releases in those cases? Limbo, for example, has a 360 version and an Xbox One version, and it'd make sense only the latter is set up for the reward.

Edit: when it's not just broken, of course, as evidenced by the below.

Actually it could be that as pretty sure I used the 360 version as it’s already in my library and didn’t know there was a Xbone version (which is presumably the one In Gamepass).

Although the PC version didn’t work at all and that is definitely the Gamepass version.

Dead Space 3 is a 360 title so it not working would be consistent with this, although god knows why they are listing it as a qualifying game…

On 11/10/2021 at 20:50, Garwoofoo said:

I got it with Undertale without any issues. You basically just have to play the first 5 minutes and it pops an achievement. 

It's not even five minutes, I'd say. Sub-three maybe? 

Edit: just checked and the Rewards Hunter video is 2:59,including the preamble explaining the quest. So defo under 3 minutes play time. 

Xbox Weekly Treasure is up. Might be best to grab it ASAP, as whilst I'm sure it used to hang around for a few days it seems to just be up for a short time now and then disappears.

In other news when I booted my Xbox up popped a me a message saying I could redeem a $5 (yes dollar, thought that was odd as I'm in the UK) gift card. Went into my messages and clicked on a message saying the same whereby it took my to the rewards app logo before saying "Oooops, something's gone wrong" then dropping me into the app and there's now no sign anywhere of anything relating to it. 

Nice one :wacko:!!

3 hours ago, womble9 said:

In other news when I booted my Xbox up popped a me a message saying I could redeem a $5 (yes dollar, thought that was odd as I'm in the UK) gift card. Went into my messages and clicked on a message saying the same whereby it took my to the rewards app logo before saying "Oooops, something's gone wrong" then dropping me into the app and there's now no sign anywhere of anything relating to it. 

Nice one :wacko:!!

I got absolutely loads of these, maybe a dozen or so, over a short space of time the other day, with exactly the same result. I assumed it was just another of their random issues in the whole quest/achievements/points ecosystem.

3 hours ago, peeveen said:

I got that message too. I got the impression it was just telling me that I had enough points to buy a gift card (no shit, I have 180k), so ignored it.

Yeah, I've had it and I got the impression it was just reminding me I could spent my points. Couldn't find any sort of deal related to it.

2 hours ago, Butters said:

Anyone done the quest for The Long Dark yet? If so, easy to complete?

Yeah very easy. Go into sandbox mode, make sure you’ve got auto walk (in the accessibility settings) on, set your character off walking into the wilderness  (across a big lake or similar works well) and jobs a good ‘un. 

That said I played a bit of it the first time it featured in the quests thingy and rather enjoyed it so perhaps give that a bash first :)

Right, they're going hard on Left 4 Dead on the rewards points - you can get 250 points via the Reward App on the Xbox for getting a single achievement, plus 150 points via the monthly GP quests for getting 3 achievements.

My question is, are any of the achievements, er, achievable in single player mode? Cos I don't mind tootling around by myself for a while to pick up the points but I don't really want to ruin anyone else's online game with my cack handedness.

6 minutes ago, Darren said:

My question is, are any of the achievements, er, achievable in single player mode? Cos I don't mind tootling around by myself for a while to pick up the points but I don't really want to ruin anyone else's online game with my cack handedness.

I'm pretty sure Achievements – and any kind of progression – are blocked in solo mode. I'd say just give it a try with matchmaking, though: there's no friendly-fire damage on Recruit difficulty, and you can probably net three Achievements during a single map in ~15 minutes. If you're somehow so bad that people quit, they'll be replaced by bots.

Here's a few low hanging fruits: heal a teammate, drop ammo for someone from your inventory screen, revive a teammate. I think you get an Achievement for returning to the hub after making it through your first map, too; the description isn't very specific.