Microsoft Rewards

stefcha

Right, they're going hard on Left 4 Dead on the rewards points - you can get 250 points via the Reward App on the Xbox for getting a single achievement, plus 150 points via the monthly GP quests for getting 3 achievements.

My question is, are any of the achievements, er, achievable in single player mode? Cos I don't mind tootling around by myself for a while to pick up the points but I don't really want to ruin anyone else's online game with my cack handedness.

6 minutes ago, Darren said:

My question is, are any of the achievements, er, achievable in single player mode? Cos I don't mind tootling around by myself for a while to pick up the points but I don't really want to ruin anyone else's online game with my cack handedness.

I'm pretty sure Achievements – and any kind of progression – are blocked in solo mode. I'd say just give it a try with matchmaking, though: there's no friendly-fire damage on Recruit difficulty, and you can probably net three Achievements during a single map in ~15 minutes. If you're somehow so bad that people quit, they'll be replaced by bots.

Here's a few low hanging fruits: heal a teammate, drop ammo for someone from your inventory screen, revive a teammate. I think you get an Achievement for returning to the hub after making it through your first map, too; the description isn't very specific.

On 14/10/2021 at 14:45, Waggo said:

Also spending supply points in the hub on anything, drops an instant achievement.

There's one for inviting a friend into a game. I haven't got any friends, will one of you be my friend? 

I think it actually gives both the inviter and the invitee the achievement, so it might be an easy way for a couple of us to get this? 

Has anyone else noticed that their points tally is a little odd this month??

I keep a daily tally of mine with me noting them down on the back of a notepad at my desk. Seeing them add up over time helps keep me motivated to go for them and it also acts as a nice reminder too. 

So, early on this month I was pretty surprised at how quickly they were adding up, with me having had two very big days (2635 points and 2970 points!) giving me over 7000 points in the first 7 days!?! I had been getting my achieve more earn more points, I'd done all my daily searches and collected all the little 5 points here and there bits and I'd also collected the October 1000 and the Halloween 150. I'd also got a good few of the monthly / weekly quests too, but 7500 something points in 7 days was clearly a bit wrong.

Anyway it all seemed to settle down and I just figured it was one of those things / a glitch and left it at that........till today. Yup today something else a little odd happened this morning as when I wrote down todays total and then deducted yesterdays from it to note how many points I'd got yesterday........I'd got -8!! Yup this morning my points total is actually 8 less than yesterday and yet yesterday I got all my dailies, I got 50 for an achievement, I played a Gamepass game and logged into the Gamepass app, oh and from memory watched a YT video and two games ones for 5pts a piece too!!

Pretty darn odd eh :wacko:!!!

4 hours ago, ScouserInExile said:

There's one for inviting a friend into a game. I haven't got any friends, will one of you be my friend? 

I think it actually gives both the inviter and the invitee the achievement, so it might be an easy way for a couple of us to get this? 

Happy to help with this if still needed?

48 minutes ago, rgraves said:

Happy to help with this if still needed?

Cool, when is good for you? 

I only need this one to get the three - I got one for just playing a multiplayer game with randoms (only pops when the game ends) and one for buying something in the hub. 

29 minutes ago, ScouserInExile said:

Cool, when is good for you? 

I only need this one to get the three - I got one for just playing a multiplayer game with randoms (only pops when the game ends) and one for buying something in the hub. 

I could do now if that works? Or if not, sometime later tonight? What’s your tag - mine is rxgraves

18 minutes ago, ScouserInExile said:

Had a curtain pole emergency. Tomorrow @ 9 ish?

I'm ProdigalScouser on Live 

I could maybe do 10ish tomorrow. I’ll add you and let’s go from there!

On 16/10/2021 at 11:17, womble9 said:

Has anyone else noticed that their points tally is a little odd this month??

I keep a daily tally of mine with me noting them down on the back of a notepad at my desk. Seeing them add up over time helps keep me motivated to go for them and it also acts as a nice reminder too. 

So, early on this month I was pretty surprised at how quickly they were adding up, with me having had two very big days (2635 points and 2970 points!) giving me over 7000 points in the first 7 days!?! I had been getting my achieve more earn more points, I'd done all my daily searches and collected all the little 5 points here and there bits and I'd also collected the October 1000 and the Halloween 150. I'd also got a good few of the monthly / weekly quests too, but 7500 something points in 7 days was clearly a bit wrong.

Anyway it all seemed to settle down and I just figured it was one of those things / a glitch and left it at that........till today. Yup today something else a little odd happened this morning as when I wrote down todays total and then deducted yesterdays from it to note how many points I'd got yesterday........I'd got -8!! Yup this morning my points total is actually 8 less than yesterday and yet yesterday I got all my dailies, I got 50 for an achievement, I played a Gamepass game and logged into the Gamepass app, oh and from memory watched a YT video and two games ones for 5pts a piece too!!

Pretty darn odd eh :wacko:!!!

Don't forget your streak bonuses. They can add a hefty extra chunk of points here and there.

As a note on the above, just be aware the list isn't in chronological order. I made that mistake until I got one wrong. Yes I know I didn't pay attention to the actual dates otherwise it would have been obvious, or even the fact it would have been a bit weird that chronologically they were also in alphabetical order!

2 hours ago, metallicfrodo said:

As a note on the above, just be aware the list isn't in chronological order. I made that mistake until I got one wrong. Yes I know I didn't pay attention to the actual dates otherwise it would have been obvious, or even the fact it would have been a bit weird that chronologically they were also in alphabetical order!

I fluked the first three questions just thinking they were the right answers, not checking the other option 

Woohoo! I'm finally in the 100k club. I can't remember when I first started. Beginning of this year sound right?

Anyway, I've just got the points from what I can do on my desktop PC and mobile. Doing the quizzes and Game Pass quests on Cloud when I can (come on, Microsoft, let PC games count as well).

It seems I'd be here faster if I could do the additional quests on the Xbox interface, yet it's a little tricky if that's the thing I'm saving my points towards. Crazy to think I'm getting free hardware just by mindlessly engaging in corporate fun for five minutes a day (for a year or two)!

On 03/08/2021 at 10:47, Ry said:

I have been playing Aaero (after getting it for 3 quid in a recent sale) for the dailies 50 points. Helps its a brilliant game but finishing a track gets you an achievement. Theres tons of tracks and 1700 gamerscore. Each track is about 5 mins long. 

Yeah, this. I picked it up on GWG, I think. Just given it a go and it's ace and throws Achievements at you. 15 tracks and four difficulties, each one will give you an Achievement, so there's 60 for a start (if you can complete them on the harder difficulties, obvs). And there's one the first time you fail a track. Then there's stars awarded for each track (out of five, I think) and you get Achievements at 25, 50, 70 and 75 on each difficulty, 12 more (again, not guaranteed).

7 minutes ago, ScouserInExile said:

Yeah, this. I picked it up on GWG, I think. Just given it a go and it's ace and throws Achievements at you. 15 tracks and four difficulties, each one will give you an Achievement, so there's 60 for a start (if you can complete them on the harder difficulties, obvs). And there's one the first time you fail a track. Then there's stars awarded for each track (out of five, I think) and you get Achievements at 25, 50, 70 and 75 on each difficulty, 12 more (again, not guaranteed).

I started playing this and while I like the flying around bits, the shooting just annoys me. Maybe it's not even the shooting but the dodging and shooting of incoming missiles.