IGNORED

Microsoft Rewards

stefcha

8 hours ago, ScouserInExile said:

Is that one of the monthly quests? Just start a game and tie a rubber band around the left stick so your character walks in circles. 

Or just use picture in picture on your TV. Watch a movie or something and stick the game in the bottom corner and occasionally nudge the stick when the screensaver pops in. That's how I did it...

Answers to this weeks "Hang your head in shame if you need to check them" 50/50:

-Assassin’s Creed

-BloodRayne

-Dead or Alive

-Doom

-Double Dragon

-Hitman

-House of the Dead

-King of Fighters

-Max Payne

-Mortal Kombat

-Need for Speed

-Resident Evil

-Silent Hill

-Sonic the Hedgehog

-Street Fighter

-Tekken

-Tomb Raider

-Wing Commander

:)

Anyone else occasionally run into an issue where the quizzes / daily polls don't trigger? Have tried in a couple of browsers and on mobile with no success. Any ideas why? 

Oh and if anyone is after an easy daily 50 points, Procession to Calvary is a good one to go for. It's on cloud and is a point and click, so bandwidth isn't an issue. Here's a guide to all 21 achievements:

all 21 take less than an hour and you can save at any point, so you can do it an achievement at a time and it only takes a minute or two a day. It's also quite enjoyable to go through the game with the guide.

3 hours ago, ScouserInExile said:

The 250 points for playing a pc game against a friend seems to be broken. Anyone got it to work today? 

Yeah wasn’t working for me last night (was playing Halo Infinite multiplayer for about 90mins from midnight and the play a PC game one popped but the online play one didn’t, and still hasn’t)

If you want the quickest way to do the Stardew Valley monthly quest and haven't played it before:

Start a new game. Tick the box for Skip Tutorial once you've entered a name. 

When the game starts, go to the bed next to you and hit A to skip a day. 

When you wake up again, go outside (the door is on the south of the building) and go to the post box next to your house and click A. 

Read the message and then head east until you reach the shop and medical centre. 

Head South and slightly East from there to go onto the beach. You cross a bridge over a river to get to it. 

Head South and a bit wast to walk onto the peer. This should trigger a sequence where you get a fishing rod. 

Use the right trigger to select the rod in your inventory. 

Walk to the water and hold down X until the bar is nearly full 

When it says HIT, quickly tap X. 

The idea of the fishing mini game is to keep the green bar over the fish by tapping X until the bar on the side is full. I don't think you can actually fail the first one. 

9 hours ago, ScouserInExile said:

The 250 points for playing a pc game against a friend seems to be broken. Anyone got it to work today? 

6 hours ago, dreamylittledream said:

Yeah wasn’t working for me last night (was playing Halo Infinite multiplayer for about 90mins from midnight and the play a PC game one popped but the online play one didn’t, and still hasn’t)

And this just popped for me 5 mins ago whilst watching TV (not in a game).

I’d played another 45 mins of Halo at about 6pm but nothing had changed at that point seems like they fixed something now.

1 hour ago, womble9 said:

Why not? Surely I’m not the only one that’s bought 45 Series X’s 🤪

I think that would only get you 36,000 points. The conversion on hardware is rubbish compared to digital purchases.

I don't know why rewards are so poor for physical purchases. Surely the whole point of a reward scheme is to encourage people to buy direct rather than via a third-party retailer?

I’ve only just got into Rewards as I’m using my Xbox much more than my PS5. 

Do the Quests only appear in the Gamepass tab and not in the Rewards tab? If so, are there any other rewards that I’m potentially missing out on as they’re hidden away somewhere? 

So I’ve got just over 1000 reward points after having a Xbox Series X for a month. Am I right this is worth about £1? 

I find the fact that people are creating an industry out of collecting these points insane… it seems like you’d actually have to put in hours and hours to get enough to eg pay for your ultimate pass. Am I missing something?

15000 gets you 3 months of gold - that converts to 50 days of Ultimate and I’m easily getting 15K of them in about 3-4 weeks with the various avenues of rewards on PC, the app, gamepass and daily rewards. 
 Considering the 5 mins of my time it takes most days to collect them it’s hardly a hassle - especially as I do most of them while working from home. 
 Some folk see it as a chore - others as free money - how you fall on the issue will determine if you think it’s worth the “work”

1 minute ago, Stopharage said:

Do the Quests only appear in the Gamepass tab and not in the Rewards tab? If so, are there any other rewards that I’m potentially missing out on as they’re hidden away somewhere? 

Bafflingly there are four different sources of Rewards points, with some crossover between them:

1. The website, and related Bing searches.
  2. The Rewards app on the Xbox.
  3. The Quests in the Game Pass mobile app/profile area of your Xbox.
  4. If you're in the UK (or Brazil) there are currently additional PC-centric Quests in the Xbox – not Game Pass – mobile app.

52 minutes ago, dizogg said:

So I’ve got just over 1000 reward points after having a Xbox Series X for a month. Am I right this is worth about £1? 

I find the fact that people are creating an industry out of collecting these points insane… it seems like you’d actually have to put in hours and hours to get enough to eg pay for your ultimate pass. Am I missing something?

They are worth slightly less than a pound actually.

You are clearly missing the easier ways to accumulate points though - the 5 minutes a day it takes to do the web searches and clicks should net you about 250-300 point per day.

If you are lucky enough to be in the Xbox Pc/mobile app test group you get another 300 points a day for doing something you would probably already be doing (playing a game on your PC through Gamepass and playing an online title - I'm currently in the thrawls of a Halo fixation so no issues for me).

These two things together would net you 15k points a month which is enough for 3 months of Gold which converts to 50 days Ultimate.

The Gamepass app stuff is the smallest fry stuff - but even then a lot of it is rewards for things you are already doing, playing a game, getting achievements and then clicking a few links. Still can get you another 5k or so in points

I probably spend 10 mins a day doing it largely whilst I'm doing something else (mindlessly browsing, watching TV) and the rest I'd be doing anyway (playing games) and its currently netting me about £20 a month which pays for my Gamepass Ultimate subscription and then some.

14 hours ago, dreamylittledream said:

Stuff

Yeah, it's very little effort. I saved up for around a year and managed to use the points to knock £180 off the price of a Series S. I know you could say that my time is worth more than the rewards but I find I don't like spending actual money on games, but have no issue with using points. I tend to use them for DLC and getting the Ultimate version of a game I'd ordinarily buy the Standard version of. Spending £70 on a game feels like a lot, spending £40 and a load of points feels much more reasonable.

15 hours ago, dizogg said:

I spend maybe an hour a month doing them and average around 14000.  Some months I get over 20000.

It pays me better than my job. 

My routine is to make sure I go to the website and click the links each day to keep my streak up.  Takes less than 2 minutes.

When I start up my Xbox, I go to the Rewards app and do the same there.  Again, less than 2 minutes.

Considering I spend longer on Facebook, Instagram, Pokemon Go each day, it's hardly a chore.  And I'm hardly Tom Haverford - I'm not on social media all that much these days (we'll discount rllmuk from the equation....)

I've got about 35,000 points saved up and I only really started doing this properly about 3 months ago.  And I don't do absolutely everything either.

15 minutes ago, Ry said:

I spend maybe an hour a month doing them and average around 14000.  Some months I get over 20000.

It pays me better than my job. 

I've come around to this logic a little bit more, but still not entirely copnvinced it is that efficient. I have only just recently realised all of the different avenues for earing reward points (as very usefully posted by @Ferine), which has changed my perspective. I have now started cherry picking the quick rewards and also maining streaks. With that philosophy, I am now convinced that it is worth doing but still not 14000 an hour. I think you are massively under accounting your time spent, but I am averaging about 400 - 600 a day right now for about 5 minutes per day plus my normal gaming time.

But you have to be efficient, especially the searches ( I like 'cheese' on mobile, then click all the list items one by one, takes about 30 seconds to get the full points. PC i just type a random bunch of characters, and then 'return', 'delete character', repeat. Takes a little longe than mobile. Many of the bonus activities don't actually require you to complete them, you can literally click and then immediately go back. Sometimes I even find something interesting mixed in amoungst it all.

Folks, for searches type a film then cast then click each cast member until you reach the end of the row (before clicking the scroll right arrow). Then click on a film associated with that cast member and repeat 2 more times and voila. Done.

My go to is Back To The Future cast which then moves to Top Gun cast which then moves swiftly to Sleepless in Seattle. Done.

On mobile it's Terminator 2 all the way as there's no glitching / frustration with the scroll right arrow.

16 hours ago, dizogg said:

I'm not min/maxing this thing at all and have 455k lifetime points, which does actually translate to $455 over here. The first ~300k was literally just from using Bing since late 2014 (looking at my rewards order history). I most spent it on DLC and other tat, but I did have 100k for the Series X launch, which knocked $100 off. I then blew some points on a pad, getting the cost down to $10. Since the series X, I actually started the game pass stuff and the rewards on the xbox and now have 159k. I just use Bing as my search engine (especially at work, for inane IT stuff) and play for about 30 minutes an evening if I'm lucky enough to get in that much Dad time. The streak bonuses are where this thing starts to pay for itself with the same level of effort. I mean, take this month's 2k bonus points. It was what, use Bing for a bit? Get 3 achievements? Answer a quiz? I do that anyway/do that anyway/did it while sat on a tedious meeting. And I should add I just answer the quizzes without looking up the results, nor max my daily Bing use. Straight up searches, save for stuff I'd rather put in DuckDuckGo.

It looks like a massive time sink, but if you're OK doing a particular thing when asked (i.e., you've got 7 days to get 3 achievements) then, really, you're just using Microsoft services. And even if you don't? Every now and again you probably get $5 to spend on DLC or something, which is what I used to do.