IGNORED

Microsoft Rewards

stefcha

3 hours ago, PikaStu said:

Human Fall Flat is one of the most played games on my kids’ Xbox. I really like it too, some great levels to navigate!

I went from being indifferent and just using it farm a few easy achievement/reward points while furloughed, to really loving it and getting every achievement possible, including some tricky ones. I've managed to find loads of clever ways of speed running the levels too.

12 hours ago, PikaStu said:

Human Fall Flat is one of the most played games on my kids’ Xbox. I really like it too, some great levels to navigate!

I really wanted to like it, but I found there was something about the way the camera moves that gives me really bad motion sickness... 

Based on this week's quests I've been rediscovering Burnout Paradise. I've had a love hate relationship with it over the years, but it really has aged well and looks amazing. I'm approaching it more like a Forza Horizon title rather than a traditional Burnout title and it's all the better for it. 

I've just cashed in nearly 240,000 and used them to get the 1Tb expansion card for the series X.  It's on offer for £199.

I started collecting the points for it in March so not bad considering I'm only doing the bare minimum each day.

37 minutes ago, Fry Crayola said:

How did you average 24,000 points a month doing the bare minimum?

Yeah, comments like the above really discredit the whole thing. 24k a month doing the bare minimum is simply not achievable. I've been doing everything free  possible for the last 10 days and have averaged less than 800 points a day(about 24k a month). I say less than, because it is still a lot but getting that much is doing everything possible, not the bare minimum.

Yep, I'm sure the expansion card (at full price) took me closer to 18-20 months doing slightly more than the bare minimum (all searches on mobile, and PC and Edge bonuses, and all daily tasks on the website, but not much on the xbox, occasional 50 for an achievement, and a couple of almost maxed 10k(?) achievement events

As others have pointed out, the rewards for playing a PC game online at the moment are ridiculously generous. I'm earning nearly 300 extra points a day just for loading Human Fall Flat and joining an online game for 30 seconds. Over the course of a month that almost pays for Game Pass on its own, let alone all the other tasks I'm doing.

I'm thinking of trying to save up as much as possible so I can buy the inevitable mid gen refresh of the Series X. 

Should hopefully have at least 400000 by then. Currently sitting on 41000. Although not using the points to buy games will be tough. For example I will have more than enough to buy Dying Light 2 on release. 

3 minutes ago, Ry said:

I'm thinking of trying to save up as much as possible so I can buy the inevitable mid gen refresh of the Series X. 

This is also my plan. I've got around £130 of points which is not bad since I only started collecting in April last year. I'm hoping they run another Gamer score > Reward Points promo soon – I think I got around 7,000 of 10,000 from the one last summer.

15 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

As others have pointed out, the rewards for playing a PC game online at the moment are ridiculously generous. I'm earning nearly 300 extra points a day just for loading Human Fall Flat and joining an online game for 30 seconds. Over the course of a month that almost pays for Game Pass on its own, let alone all the other tasks I'm doing.

I know this has been gone over a load of times in the thread, but just to confirm PC Rewards are invite only at the moment, correct? We're still not at the point where everyone can get them.

29 minutes ago, Fry Crayola said:

I think so, but don't sit waiting for an invite to appear in your email. You either have the rewards in your Xbox app on your phone, or you don't.

I didn't even know this was a thing. I just have the app installed anyway. So yeah, don't wait, just download the app and see what's there.

53 minutes ago, Fry Crayola said:

I think so, but don't sit waiting for an invite to appear in your email. You either have the rewards in your Xbox app on your phone, or you don't.

This is the Xbox app, not the Gamepass app right? I seem to remember it's all a bit funky.

6 hours ago, Fry Crayola said:

How did you average 24,000 points a month doing the bare minimum?

I'm doing the daily rewards/searches on the app, and keeping up the streaks on the monthly quests.   If a quest needs me to do more than open the game then I skip it.

I have bought some games outside of Gamepass but nothing I wouldn't have bought anyway.  The streaks and quests add up quickly.  I'm not even using one of those extensions for searches but I am using bing for all of my non-work searching.

My bare minimum, and it really is, nets closer to 12k a month with 70+ day streak on Bing (broke my 400+ days, sigh) and somewhere near 60 weeks doing the rewards app. I mostly use Bing as main search engine a few times a day (never max it), the daily Bing stuff, the weekly rewards app stuff, the 2k bonus rewards app thing, and then enough GP to get the 1k (but not the monthly rewards, unless by chance it's what I'm already playing). I honestly can't remember what using Bing nets, so absolute minimum you could sack that off (unless you're required to use Bing, which occasionally happens) and get less than 12k. It's still probably paying for GP, if not GPU, if you skip using the top-up deal that still works.

59 minutes ago, Ry said:

Is it the Xbox app on actual PC? Or does it appear on the android Xbox app as well?

The tasks if you have them appear in the mobile (iOS / Android) Xbox app (not to be confused with the mobile Gamepass app).

The message I was invited actually popped up in the PC Xbox app however (as do messages when you complete one) but you have to use the mobile app to actually claim them.

Microsoft in keeping it simple shocker…

Is anyone else having any trouble with the daily sets on the website using iOS? For example This or That today only loads up the search page but not the dialogue boxes asking the questions. Same with the daily poll, the dialogue box doesnt load. 

I’ve an Adblocker on but disabling it doesn’t work either. 

16 minutes ago, Chooch said:

Is anyone else having any trouble with the daily sets on the website using iOS? For example This or That today only loads up the search page but not the dialogue boxes asking the questions. Same with the daily poll, the dialogue box doesnt load. 

Working ok for me.

On 14/01/2022 at 09:57, Garwoofoo said:

Yeah, it works out as something like 9000 points a month / 110,000 a year. Hope it stays for a while. 

29 minutes ago, Chooch said:

I had problems about an hour ago but seems to have sorted itself now.

Alphabetical list of the correct answers for this weeks (which country was neutral in WW2) 50/50. 

Iran

Ireland

Lithuania

Nepal

Portugal

Saudi Arabia

Spain

Sweden

Switzerland

Turkey

I'm often borderline embarrassed as to how little I know about modern history and there are a few on there that I had no idea about!!