IGNORED

Monthly Release Dates - October 2018

Nespresso

I'll be waiting for the Digital Foundry analysis of Dark Souls to see how it compares with the PS4 version. As long as it's not a total dog's dinner I'll definitely be picking it up as I've held off until now.

RedDead looks pretty spectacular but I might save it for Christmas when I can devote some more time to it.

I've a funny feeling that Mario Party might turn out to be unexpectedly great, in multiplayer at least - it looks really entertaining from the trailers - so I'm interested in the reading the reviews for that one.

Finally, the Cthulu game piqued my interest some time ago; I'm hoping it'll be suitably weird and janky enough to be down to a tenner by the January sales, at which time I'll give it a go.

Urgh, I've got way too much on pre-order this month. Super Mario Party for local multiplayer, The World Ends With You, I've got the collectors edition of Disgaea 1 HD already paid for, Dark Souls Remastered and with Mark of the Ninja Remastered out on the 9th and Forza Horizon 4 on GamePass, it's gonna be a big month. 

Edit: And the Solaire amiibo. Forgot about that. 

Not too much for me - Rondo/Symphony is tempting but I’ve bought those on other platforms in the past. I don’t have a Switch but if you’re someone who avoided playing TWEWY somehow until now it’s worth a look - there’s some mashy controls and emo writing but also one of the best contemporary JRPG aesthetics outside of Persona :) 

It’ll be interesting to see how DS fares; it seems kind of a weird pick for a portable gaming experience but should satisfy people who want everything on Switch and damn the consequences ;) 

As far as wishful thinking goes: Fist of the North Star, AC: Odyssey, Mark of the Ninja Remastered, DaS Switch, and Kasteelvanië Requiem are all games I want. But I've barely started DQ11 and before I've finished that it'll probably be November. And I still have Kiwami 2 and Vampyr on my to-play list after DQ11. So I've decided to not buy anything for now, except for RDR2 which, tbh, I've already bought and paid for or else that purchase would be delayed also. Too many games, too little time! The best time for videogames :omg:

(and let's be real, games like Odyssey are probably going to get discounted pretty soon)

1 hour ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

As far as wishful thinking goes: Fist of the North Star, AC: Odyssey, Mark of the Ninja Remastered, DaS Switch, and Kasteelvanië Requiem are all games I want. But I've barely started DQ11 and before I've finished that it'll probably be November. And I still have Kiwami 2 and Vampyr on my to-play list after DQ11. So I've decided to not buy anything for now, except for RDR2 which, tbh, I've already bought and paid for or else that purchase would be delayed also. Too many games, too little time! The best time for videogames :omg:

(and let's be real, games like Odyssey are pretty going to get discounted pretty soon)

Play Vampyr you jerk! :angry:

Cthulhu, Starlink and Fallout for me. Cthulhu is just good timing because I'm reading the books at the moment.  I'll probably get Starlink for Switch because Starfox, unless it's really loads better on Xbox. I'm definitely getting Fallout 76 so I might as well get in on the B.E.T.A. - they say that they want to make sure progress carries over to the full release so I might as well get a head start on my drugs lab before everyone else gets on board.

Busy month.

Got:

Forza Horizon 4 (XB1, PC)

Want:

Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey (PS4, XB1, PC)

Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, XB1)

I'm still making my way through Spider-man, though, so will probably get to FH4 after that. Still not feeling the hype for RDR2, but that might change just before release. Odyssey is probably one to pick up in a few months, like Tomb Raider.

I'm still playing Spider-man and I'm loving it, so no way I'm dropping games that I'm really enjoying for some new shiny. 

But - 

Will buy day one -

October 12th

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 (PS4)

October 26th

Castlevania Requiem: Symphony of the Night & Rondo of Blood (PS4)

Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4)

Want to buy and play at some point in the future - 

October 2nd

Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise (PS4)

Forza Horizon 4 (XB1)

Mega Man 11 (Switch)

October 5th

Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey (PS4)

Super Mario Party (Switch)

October 12th

Disgaea 1 Complete (PS4, Switch)

The World Ends With You: Final Remix (Switch)

October 19th

Dark Souls Remastered (Switch)

Soul Calibur VI (PS4)

Totally crazy. Far too many cool games coming out.

Nowt for me this month I think.  I mean maybe RDR2 but it's just not tickling my fancy at the minute at all. Not much else appeals tbh though Cthulhu does look interesting so will wait for reviews. I still want Tomb Raider from last month so maybe that if/when cheap.

Bloody hell!

Absolutely nothing I want to buy this month! At this time of year that's unheard of. 

The lack of a SP campaign is my reason for not picking up Call of Duty. 

Playing FH4 on GamePass so that's that sorted. 

Good opportunity to fully rinse Spider-Man and actually start LEGO Dimensions after I bought a load of that.

On 05/10/2018 at 11:52, teddymeow said:

Bloody hell!

Absolutely nothing I want to buy this month! At this time of year that's unheard of. 

The lack of a SP campaign is my reason for not picking up Call of Duty. 

Playing FH4 on GamePass so that's that sorted. 

Good opportunity to fully rinse Spider-Man and actually start LEGO Dimensions after I bought a load of that.

Fist of the North Star is brilliant.

Enjoying Forza Horizon 4 via Game Pass which is great!

Not buying RDR2 on launch. Have the original and never really played that - pretty graphics and great world to explore - techie marvel... but never did really enjoy the gameplay. I expect the same will happen if I buy 2.... so may pick it up an sale at some point to marvel at the tech again and play about in the world. :)