footle

Stadia Pro games for March.

Darksiders Genesis

Adam Wolfe

Dawn of the Monsters

Darkwood

Race with Ryan: Road Trip Deluxe Edition

That's not very good at all. 

Boasting about owning almost all the games on Stadia is a bit odd to me but the idea that over half the games released on the service have been in Pro at one point is kinda crazy to me. 

Yeah, that doesn't point to a healthy library to me, it says they aren't attracting a lot of new games that they haven't had to moneyhat in some way - but then that was fairly obvious right from the start - it's just the scale of it that is surprising.

The Epic store numbers most also contain a fair proportion of games that have been given away too.

• 1 month later...

Stadia Pro games for April.

World War Z: Aftermath

City Legends: The Curse of the Crimson Shadow

Ys IX: Monstrum Nox

Chicken Police – Paint it RED

Deliver us the Moon was supposed to be there as well but got delayed. 

List is shite enough it has to be said. 

We're hitting the point where even if are only interested in streaming games then Stadia is hard to recommend. It is probably still technically better than Xcloud (haven't tried either in over a month) but Xbox now has over 300 games available to stream as part of their subscription. 

I'd love to see a Stadia equivalent of Dean Takahashis book on the launch of the Xbox. How did one part of the operation manage to get so much of the technical stuff right while those in charge of delivering content mess it up so badly. DId they just assume the PS5 and Series X were going to launch much earlier and rushed the launch? 

9 minutes ago, bear said:

Did they just assume the PS5 and Series X were going to launch much earlier and rushed the launch? 

I reckon it’s a mixture of differing visions for what it was going to be internally, leading to a confused product, combined with a hubristic attitude to the games industry.

Google have shown themselves to broadly incompetent when it comes to public product strategy.

They fail to understand how to continually market or build a brand. They fail to see how their constant killing of products and services creates bad will. They fail to release a consistent set of hardware upgrades each year.

See the 20 odd chat apps they've made and killed.

See Google+.

See multiple relaunches of Wear OS without acknowledging the core problem is the silicon and lack of investment from Qualcomm.

See the Nexus phone line killed only to return as Pixel high end phones which then went mid range for a year before high end.

See launching phones with your own chips to (you'd think) improve software lifetime and security support only to delay updates for your own chipped phones.

39 minutes ago, bear said:

Stadia Pro games for April.

Deliver us the Moon was supposed to be there as well but got delayed. 

List is shite enough it has to be said. 

We're hitting the point where even if are only interested in streaming games then Stadia is hard to recommend. It is probably still technically better than Xcloud (haven't tried either in over a month) but Xbox now has over 300 games available to stream as part of their subscription. 

I'd love to see a Stadia equivalent of Dean Takahashis book on the launch of the Xbox. How did one part of the operation manage to get so much of the technical stuff right while those in charge of delivering content mess it up so badly. DId they just assume the PS5 and Series X were going to launch much earlier and rushed the launch? 

I’ve not tried it but I thought that World War Z game looked alright.

16 minutes ago, thesnwmn said:

Google have shown themselves to broadly incompetent when it comes to public product strategy.

They fail to understand how to continually market or build a brand. They fail to see how their constant killing of products and services creates bad will. They fail to release a consistent set of hardware upgrades each year.

See the 20 odd chat apps they've made and killed.

See Google+.

See multiple relaunches of Wear OS without acknowledging the core problem is the silicon and lack of investment from Qualcomm.

See the Nexus phone line killed only to return as Pixel high end phones which then went mid range for a year before high end.

See launching phones with your own chips to (you'd think) improve software lifetime and security support only to delay updates for your own chipped phones.

https://killedbygoogle.com/

47 minutes ago, ZOK said:

I’ve not tried it but I thought that World War Z game looked alright.

Have you tried using Stadia with the app on your LG telly? I’ve not used it yet, I didn’t even realise that it was available until I was looking through their App Store the other day. 

40 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Have you tried using Stadia with the app on your LG telly? I’ve not used it yet, I didn’t even realise that it was available until I was looking through their App Store the other day. 

Yes, it’s fine but it has a couple of minor niggles. Firstly you have to pair the controller you are using each time you open the app, which is quick and easy to do but an unnecessary fiddle, and also I noticed there was regular glitching in the sound every few minutes, nothing that would put you off but sort of like a streaming hiccup. They may have sorted that issue out now.

• 2 months later...

Stadia Pro for July.

Five Nights at Freddy’s: Security Breach

Centipede: Recharged

Those who Remain

Worms W.M.D.

Roguebook

Fast and Furious: Spy Racers Rise of SH1FT3R

Worms and Roguebook seem like the pick of the bunch.