rllmuk
footle

Google Stadia - 2 months free pro (as long as you don’t want to use a chromecast)

As if using an existing word wasn’t bad enough, I’ll bet Stadia is singular in their insane anarchist vision of language too.

Madness.

I'm going to think of my day job every time I see the name of this fucking thing. Not saying ah'm oot, but it's gonna have to go some.

So anyway they're doing streaming. Great for people with a decent connection and who are on a tighter budget.

Not the next big thing but it's good for the masses I suppose. :)

My cousin's son is going to love this. He's got the shittiest chromebook around and can't even play Fortnite lol.

• Upvote 1

Ah, the controller talking to the server rather than the box is clever. Cuts out that bit of the latency.

• Upvote 4

Yep. I saw you press the jump button multiple times there and your bloke didn't jump. I still don't believe streaming games is ever going to be enough to get the response times low enough for it to be enjoyable for me.

• Upvote 5

The controller connecting directly to the data centre via wifi - not via bluetooth or radio to the device - is really interesting. Might have an impact on perceived latency too..

• Upvote 1