rllmuk
footle

Google Stadia - 2 months free pro (as long as you don’t want to use a chromecast)

Amy Henning is inbound I am sure she will have something to show.

So all media is going digital and all digital media will be offered in exclusive packages.

Does this mean I have to pay 350eu a month now in order to access everything?

So next E3 is going to be filled with a ton of "Play Now on Stadia" and then you instantly play it on Stadia and that's cool.

But so does this mean the big three are dead? Or do they just take all of their money and spend it all on massive data centres?

This is fucking boring, I'm out. I'll read the takeaways later. On my Google phone which is registered to my Google account.

The tech is fine, i have GeForce now currently playing division 2, any minor lag is far outweighed by sheer convenience. This will be great 

OK, this sounds like the entire thing will be geared towards an AI algorithm. They can skip the lag I guess by predicting what you'll do, then correct if you do something different. That means the longer you play, the less the lag becomes and the more they enjoy you training their algorithms.

Sounds like a win-win. Like SETI-programme gone horribly wrong and all gamers enslaved in a virtual Matrix. :P

1 minute ago, carlospie said:

The tech is fine, i have GeForce now currently playing division 2, any minor lag is far outweighed by sheer convenience. This will be great 

Surely they'll want some of that esports money?

3 minutes ago, Uncle Nasty said:

This is so clinical, dry, joyless and corporate. 

it's supposed to be aimed at developers not gamers, right? I can sort of see why it would be, given that, even though the reality of these things is that everybody wants to watch and get hyped now.