rllmuk
footle

Google Stadia - 2 months free pro (as long as you don’t want to use a chromecast)

Being a retro person means I don't know too much about new technology, but all of this seems too good to be true to me. Can my virgin broadband even handle all this?

Just now, strider said:

Being a retro person means I don't know too much about new technology, but all of this seems too good to be true to me. Can my virgin broadband even handle all this?

It's just a video stream.  If Netflix works then so will this.   Games will play with added lag.

• Upvote 1

So YouTube is a gaming platform? I had no idea.  I'm playing New Zealand Story whilst listening to this stream and I realise I don't want to share this game, tweet about it or play it with a YouTube influencer.

Who's this prick? MatPac? What kind of name is that?  Will he take his coat off? Is he not stopping? Why is he so enthusiastic? They're all talking about stuff and they have nothing to show.

3 minutes ago, strider said:

Mine couldn’t on 100 mg, 200 mg is fine, at 1080p 60 FPS. 

They’ve acknowledged PS4 and Xbox One as competitors but for the sake of this presentation Twitch doesn’t exist and YouTube is where everyone streams.

I haven’t seen the presentation yet, but the bbc mentions direct connection via WiFi to their data centres. Given the range of WiFi, are they going to put a dara centre in my garden?

Controller direct to your Wi-Fi in home. Over the internet to their data centre. It does eliminate some of the lag, because there's no console to interpret it all.

Fucking YouTube prick. 

Bah

That aside, quite interesting. Well done Google. 

1 minute ago, VN1X said:

Can we still customise our in-game settings?

You couldn't with the project stream beta.

So this Google Assistant shit... that basically means Google will always be listening won't it? 

Fuck this timeline. :)

5 minutes ago, JPickford said:

It's just a video stream.  If Netflix works then so will this.   Games will play with added lag.

Well that's me out. I don't like lag.

Just now, Soi said:

I haven’t seen the presentation yet, but the bbc mentions direct connection via WiFi to their data centres. Given the range of WiFi, are they going to put a dara centre in my garden?

It just means the controller has a wifi connection to your router so your button presses get to the server a little faster without having to loop through a console or dongle first through Bluetooth.

Cool so you can not bother working the game out for yourself you can just get someone else to show you, or do it for you, or just not play it at all and watch someone else.

Just now, VN1X said:

So this Google Assistant shit... that basically means Google will always be listening won't it? 

I LITERALLY JUST REMOVED ALL THINGS GOOGLE FROM MY DESKTOP. :lol:

Caps.

1 minute ago, VN1X said:

Well of course.

Just now, VN1X said:

I LITERALLY JUST REMOVED ALL THINGS GOOGLE FROM MY DESKTOP. :lol:

Caps.

No need to shout they already know