rllmuk
footle

Google Stadia

9 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Am I right in thinking that apart from Destiny, to play any of the others you’ll need to buy the Stadia version? So likely £50 on top of the £120?

Yes, although that £120 is for the Chromecast Ultra, pad and three month Pro sub. Once it launches properly you could theoretically just buy the game, stream it to Chrome or whatever and use a different pad.

I assumed that all the games that were available on other formats would be available on launch. I don't understand why they're not, it would have been so much easier to sell. 

49 minutes ago, hub2 said:

I was hoping to get Disco Elysium and a few other relatively small games as I use a Mac and they're not supported, and even if they were would look terrible. I'll revisit in the new year or when Cyberpunk is out. Only Gylt from the launch line-up would have been bought anyway.

Also, where is Doom in that launch list... they were demoing it everywhere.

Doom has been delayed on all platforms until March 2020.

32 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Am I right in thinking that apart from Destiny, to play any of the others you’ll need to buy the Stadia version? So likely £50 on top of the £120?

This is yet again another example of really poor messaging and unreasonable delays given to pricing. How much are the games, nobody knows?!

I just cancelled my order. £130 for something I can try free next year and with games I'd have to buy separately at full price with no resale value, no thanks.

8 minutes ago, KriessG said:

I just cancelled my order. £130 for something I can try free next year and with games I'd have to buy separately at full price with no resale value, no thanks.

Fuck. I think you might have found a hidden flaw in Google's marketing!

How the fuck is this ever going to succeed as a paid service. Lol.

I mean imagine if Game Pass was just those same 12 games, and then imagine if you had to pay full price for each one separately, in addition to your tenner a month - that’s Stadia.

• Upvote 5

6 minutes ago, Stanley said:

I mean imagine if Game Pass was just those same 12 games, and then imagine if you had to pay full price for each one separately, in addition to your tenner a month - that’s Stadia.

A dozen mediocre games.

All full price.

No resale.

Input lag up the chuff.

A shit controller.

Tenner a week just to try it.

That's StadiaWang!

• Upvote 4

Isn't this a soft launch, rather than a full fireworks & elephants launch extravaganza? Not that it makes it any more enticing, but I thought this was supposed to be a kind of tentative public beta for those who are really interested, with a more public launch later on.

It sort of is bit hasn't really been marketed like that. Its just been pretty confused all round. It's a shame, I actually hope it works but they just aren't filling me with confidence. 

I haven't seen any real marketing/PR apart from an article on the Verge and a 40 minute slog on Tested where poor Norm had to go and do a puff piece on it.

It's basically for dummies who are willing to pay to Beta test at this point. I expect a much bigger marketing push when it's no longer a turd.

4 hours ago, K said:

It seems odd that they haven’t got any of the really big F2P hitters on there, like PUBG, Fortnite or Apex Legends. Epic in particular seem willing to stick Fortnite on any platform that will run it, so I would be surprised if they weren’t interested in supporting it. 

is it? When they go properly live and have to ad-support f2p games using their hardware, the revenue model would quickly become problematic.

35 minutes ago, JPL said:

Well, one of you lot better keep your preorder, because I’m interested to know how good/shit it is.

I have travelled back from the far future using the power of Negative LatencyTM

Stadia is still shit.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, HarryBizzle said:

I haven't seen any real marketing/PR apart from an article on the Verge and a 40 minute slog on Tested where poor Norm had to go and do a puff piece on it.

It's basically for dummies who are willing to pay to Beta test at this point. I expect a much bigger marketing push when it's no longer a turd.

And then six months later it will be shut down.