rllmuk
footle

Google Stadia

1 hour ago, Hass said:

I think they said that other phones were coming Q1 along with 4k streaming over Chrome. But I agree it feels underwhelming. 

They need to get a game look Doom Eternal onto the sub to drive new subs and renewals.

Doom Eternal is coming out for Stadia isn’t it? 

Getting through the Volga section of Metro Exodus which is great after the strange linear bit at the start. But as soon as you get the pneumatic rifle and the backpack the game takes off. It really does look good here too. The 30 fps isn't as problematic for me as I thought it would be given the slow pace stealth meta. 

10 hours ago, Flub said:

BT customers wanting to use Stadia are going to be using the Home Hub surely? And literally the only router I've ever had that is worse than one of those is the Virgin Media router in router mode. And even then the wifi on the Virgin router was better.

The BT Home Hub wifi is universally panned as terrible.

The new smart hub is really good. 

1 hour ago, Hass said:

Getting through the Volga section of Metro Exodus which is great after the strange linear bit at the start. But as soon as you get the pneumatic rifle and the backpack the game takes off. It really does look good here too. The 30 fps isn't as problematic for me as I thought it would be given the slow pace stealth meta. 

It’s a totally excellent game isn’t it once it hits its stride, really enjoyable and rewarding. 

3 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

The new smart hub is really good. 

Almost everyone has an older one though. Even I’m still on a HH4 even though I have three newer hubs unopened as I don’t use the wifi and can’t be arsed setting up all the port forwarding and stuff again.

Just now, deKay said:

Almost everyone has an older one though. Even I’m still on a HH4 even though I have three newer hubs unopened as I don’t use the wifi and can’t be arsed setting up all the port forwarding and stuff again.

Everyone getting a free Stadia will be getting a new one. 

Stadia-Games_02-13-20.jpg

A wild update appears...

Google has announced five new games coming soon to Stadia, including Lost Words: Beyond the Page, Spitlings, and Stacks on Stacks (on Stacks) as “First on Stadia” timed exclusives, as well as Stadia versions of Panzer Dragoon: Remake and Serious Sam Collection

Man, if this is what they're revealing now, imagine what they must be holding back for E3! Mind blowing.

• Upvote 1

I feel like they'd be better off not announcing anything over these...

On 05/02/2020 at 17:06, denisb said:

Has anyone cancelled after the 3 months ?

Yes. It was surprisingly easy, so fair play to them as a lot of companies would hide that away somewhere.

I've switched to Geforce Now and am even playing games that are installed locally on my PC via the service because the graphics are much better than my old 970 can handle with a decent frame rate. I think the tech of Stadia was superior but the service is just bad.

To be fair, Serious Sam was a great game.

When the last one was released in 2011.

• Upvote 1

There have been more recent entries in the serious sam series tbf. Those aren't included in that collection. 

On 13/02/2020 at 19:03, Revival said:

Stadia-Games_02-13-20.jpg

A wild update appears...

This is more like Apple Arcade.

• Upvote 1

https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/02/25/stadia-pro-subscribers-get-grid-steamworld-dig-2-and-steamworld-quest-for-free-in-march/?amp

SteamWorld Dig 2 and SteamWorld Quest will be Stadia Pro's free games in March, along with racing sim Grid.

A decent set of games in fairness. I'm just curious about how many people are still subscribing to Stadia Pro. It's far enough past the launch that people's trial period will be expiring. 

47 minutes ago, bear said:

https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/02/25/stadia-pro-subscribers-get-grid-steamworld-dig-2-and-steamworld-quest-for-free-in-march/?amp

A decent set of games in fairness. I'm just curious about how many people are still subscribing to Stadia Pro. It's far enough past the launch that people's trial period will be expiring. 

Steamworld Dig 2 is brilliant but it could run natively on a phone, what’s the point? 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Stanley said:

Steamworld Dig 2 is brilliant but it could run natively on a phone, what’s the point? 

I'm guessing we'll see quite a lot of this in the future because it allows devs to target a single hardware platform rather than having to mess about with umpteen different OS and hardware combinations to support.

Can I use google play credit to pay for sub I can’t see any way to do it ?

i was going to cancel but I’ve got a few quid in credit which will cover the sub for a couple of months see if things improve 

4 hours ago, denisb said:

Can I use google play credit to pay for sub I can’t see any way to do it ?

i was going to cancel but I’ve got a few quid in credit which will cover the sub for a couple of months see if things improve 

I think you can only pay for the sub through cc at present but you can use Play credits for game purchases. 

Maybe just cancel the sub if you aren't interested in the March games and come back when things interest? I'm waiting for Doom Eternal basically.

• Upvote 1

https://kotaku.com/developers-and-publishers-say-google-isnt-offering-them-1842007925?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow&fbclid=IwAR0oMIwM1PA2xQ5PTwWrYuHhxC-eXQ8Ad11FETEvmXKzeQ1FeNrEyiMXfhY

One executive at a publishing company described the amount of money that Google was offering to them as “so low” that it wasn’t even part of the conversation.