rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Steely

BAP - Season 39 - Official BAP is Dead Thread

Well, we made it to 19 people before we started losing folk.

zGHQb4O.gif?2

Back down to 17 now.

Maybe we will have more luck on Fifa 20...

Isnt there no more regulars that would usually do it ??

Saying that ,ive just been enjoying clubs with some of u guys so im still getting my clubs fix ,just a shame we not got some teams as i looked forward to thursday nights with u lot

5 hours ago, Theholyhogg said:

Isnt there no more regulars that would usually do it ??

Saying that ,ive just been enjoying clubs with some of u guys so im still getting my clubs fix ,just a shame we not got some teams as i looked forward to thursday nights with u lot

I don't think @sjvinnie or baz (Won't let me tag him) has signed up yet? I'm content playing clubs with you guys though anyway's, it would be a shame if the league doesn't get going again as if it doesn't this season then I would say that's probably it. I can't see it recovering after missing out for 2 games =/

You could invite @Cleggertron & @BylliKiani on psn (I still can't logon) and see if they are up for giving it another go?

22 hours ago, Luseth said:

I don't think @sjvinnie or baz (Won't let me tag him) has signed up yet? I'm content playing clubs with you guys though anyway's, it would be a shame if the league doesn't get going again as if it doesn't this season then I would say that's probably it. I can't see it recovering after missing out for 2 games =/

You could invite @Cleggertron & @BylliKiani on psn (I still can't logon) and see if they are up for giving it another go?

I’m on the list already, pretty sure baz was up for it though- will message him see if he still is and if any of his mob are keen to come back. 

Anypne heard from Dunny? @GrahamDunn

• Upvote 1

On 07/10/2018 at 19:33, Mitchell said:

I've had a couple of treacle, button lag games, but on the whole it's been great.  What's the problem?

Apols Mitch, just saw this!

I wanted to like it, I wanted to even tolerate it, but I just can't. Whenever I played it I felt like I'd rather be playing something else which isn't a great sign (Clubs games aside generally). 

The main reasons being: the game is near identical to '17 and '18, delay in pressing a button to something happening on screen (pre '17 FIFAs were always much more responsive to me), player changing/defending still joyless, shooting so erratic, game in general so reliant on AI - you never feel like you're playing another player instead the AI defends for them, Clubs mode is exactly the same, I just don't enjoy playing it (except for bants in clubs) and I'm also pretty shit and no time to get any better :lol:. I think the series needs a massive revamp tbh with emphasis on players having full control of their players rather than 95% AI, 5% human. Skill gap would be reintroduced then and also makes every game feel less repetitive.
I also assume from reading that sales of '19 are down 25% drop vs '18, that I'm not alone in feeling this way (tho it might be the Fortnite effect). I had high hopes for this version too :(

• Empathy 1

I will indeed! I've been on a bit this week but not seen you or Mack about! Rocket League has kind of ruined FIFA for me tbh because playing it before or after FIFA and it's like chalk and cheese with how responsive the controls feel, really highlights how to me how stodgy the other has become.

On a side note anyone yet to play Rocket League really should get back into it, a fair few of us football league folks still play it regularly.

• Upvote 1

The league was never going to work without at least trying to drive up numbers outside of our own folder, which we’ve done with a decent bit of success previously.

The starting numbers were too small. We needed a contingency plan/backup numbers for when Jamin and a few others inevitably decided they didn’t like the game...

See you all next year.

9 hours ago, GrahamDunn said:

See you never again

Fixed that for you... Sadly I don't think BAP will return if it doesn't manage to get going this year. I think this will be me calling it a day on fifa (only really got it this year for pro clubs.) So i'll give it a few months and then trade it in when I have the inevitable better games i.e. Red dead, battlefield etc etc during the next few months ^_^

On 12/10/2018 at 07:51, Jamin said:

On a side note anyone yet to play Rocket League really should get back into it, a fair few of us football league folks still play it regularly.

Do you guys play on console? I own it on Steam but I’ve never actually booted it up before... I gather it has cross-play features from PC though.

Indeed get on it Dan and bit it some of your deserved time! Although saying that @Theholyhogg when are you boys on next? Been a while.

Haha I love your signature btw Dan, love a bit of throwback serious @Baring talk.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Jamin said:

Indeed get on it Dan and bit it some of your deserved time! Although saying that @Theholyhogg when are you boys on next? Been a while.

Haha I love your signature btw Dan, love a bit of throwback serious @Baring talk.

3rd November was a Saturday night, i was probably drunk. 

• Upvote 1

Haha.

10 v 10 be a pro league. Ruined by the next gen consoles I reckon, or at least started to decline at that point.

Had some amazing banter, with some outstanding 'gates' 

• Upvote 1

At it's peak, we had a structured league of 6 teams. 60 people in total.

Back in the days when you cold pick actual Teams for team play (not just Pro Clubs), some of the research that went into which team to pick was insane (Still have memories of Russia's Ignashevich's 90 shot power).

There was transfers, player awards, team chat, drama, hissy fits, all the lols and genuine friendships were made.

Put simply, every Thursday evening 60 of us logged on, played Pro Clubs, and whoever had @Jamin won the league.

• Upvote 7

The absolute pinnacle of online gaming for me. So many memorable moments, quite a few I would rather forget but overall the greatest example of an online community coming together to enjoy a game.

And IMO it was the removal of the actual BAP mode in favour of individual Pros that destroyed it. That was when it started to turn, but before that with the rotated International teams and me having the pleasure of using legends like Jaap Stam (Mardijaap) and Ron Vlaar (Vlaardigan) there was nothing that came close to it!

• Upvote 2

And of course no introduction of real teams!

BAP is forever dead.

The whole pro system is a bit shit as well, i miss the days of do 50 tackles to get +1 tackling. Score 2 goals from outside the box in 1 match to get +2 long shots.

Proper tangible challenges! This year is by faaaar the most games I have ever played in FUT and that's probably because clubs is meh.

• Upvote 1