Astro Bot - PSVR - best game of all time?

dumpster

2 hours ago, catinthehat said:

Kinda wish I’d done the challenges as and when I’d unlocked them. Doing them all at the end is a bit of a chore. They’re still fun, just not one after another, after another.

Worth considering if you’ve not finished the main game yet. Do some challenges! 

Yes, after finishing the main game I'm now going back level by level and finding all the bots. Enjoying this more than I thought I would. It's giving me a deeper appreciation of the level structure and polish. On my first playthrough I kinda rushed them and stupidly thought some of the bots would require upgrades or weapons to reach them but they are all achievable on your first attempt.

Some of them look impossible to reach but there's always a trigger or something to bring them closer to home.

You're right about the challenges. I'm rationing them out at three per session to keep them feeling fresh. A mixed bag - some are addictive, some easy, some frustrating.

14 minutes ago, noob said:

How short is the game??? 

You'll lose track of time playing it. At a guess, eight hours for the main story, and since the challengers are harder they're difficult to judge if you're going for all the bots.

I think I was about fifteen total, but it's really hard to tell.

41 minutes ago, Kayin Amoh said:

You'll lose track of time playing it. At a guess, eight hours for the main story, and since the challengers are harder they're difficult to judge if you're going for all the bots.

I think I was about fifteen total, but it's really hard to tell.

Oh right. I don't know why, but I thought it looked a lot shorter... 

Cheers dear! :wub:

1 hour ago, noob said:

How short is the game??? 

About six hours for the story. Maybe slightly more if you're getting all the robots. The challenge stuff doesn't take that long - they're generally fairly short, though if you're looking to 100% everything it'll take maybe a few hours more. And then you've got all the gachapon for the hub to collect (and you'll probably want to do that). It's not an epic by any means, but it's nice to play a game that doesn't outstay its welcome, and it feels like great value because what's there is of a consistently high quality. 

Right then you lot, I have been on the edge of buying PS VR a few times and this thread and game sent me over, I got this in a bundle and have had a few goes on it.....

Mario beater my arse is what I said as I fired it up but fuck me, looking around the levels is just a game changer - genuinely this is the next ‘Mario 64 moment’ and I’ve not even got to the second world yet - I still have some reservations about it playing better than a top tier Mario game but so far the magic of the new is up there with anything I’ve ever played! :wub:

1 hour ago, Shimmyhill said:

Right then you lot, I have been on the edge of buying PS VR a few times and this thread and game sent me over, I got this in a bundle and have had a few goes on it.....

Mario beater my arse is what I said as I fired it up but fuck me, looking around the levels is just a game changer - genuinely this is the next ‘Mario 64 moment’ and I’ve not even got to the second world yet - I still have some reservations about it playing better than a top tier Mario game but so far the magic of the new is up there with anything I’ve ever played! :wub:

I love the little waves to camera and the mini PSVR Astro uses :wub:

1 hour ago, Shimmyhill said:

You like it now... Come back after 2-1 and 2-2. Oh my.

11 hours ago, dumpster said:

Finished it today, that last boss is such an incredible idea - someone's a genius.

It really is. The first time I did it I barely even noticed.  I was just focussed on killing him. But then I had that “hang on a minute!” moment when I realised what was going on. So clever. 

This is the first game that I’ll have played through from start to finish with my daughter (we each take turns playing every level).. it’s made an already astounding game even better.

Currently up to World 4 and cleared every level/challenge along the way... don’t want it to end.