IGNORED

The Mandalorian - Season 2 (open spoilers for big surprises)

TehStu

12 minutes ago, Twinbee said:

Can anyone give me a non-spoilery reason why this new episode is rated 14+? 

Me and the kids (11 and 12) all love the first series, and the episodes were either 9+ or 12+. Younger kid can be quite sensitive if sad things happen.

There’s a couple of stabbings which were a bit more violent than anything in season 1. 

I get the sense (and I hope it’s true), that the ‘return baby Yoda to his kind’ is just one of those intangible reasons to keep on moving each episode, like Quantum Leap or Highway to Heaven, or the original Battlestar Galactica (before they actually found earth, obvs).

Oooh, that was nice.

The effects are about on par with the previous season. Though the set..."location" Mando was on, did look a little too janky and small, perhaps a better impression of scale previously. @Doctor SharkYou don't notice the UE4 screens unless you look for them, and believe me, they are there in the first season as well (I went back and checked the 4k episodes) and they are just as obvious.

Otherwise? This is how you do starwars ladies and gentlefaces.

2 minutes ago, PK said:

That was great, I love how it continues to feel like a 90s sci-fi show.

Am I right in thinking that was meant to be

Hide contents

Boba Fett's armour that the Jawas found on his body?

Yeah it was and have a guess who that was watching at the end.

Just now, PK said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

It was Fetts armour. But probably not found on Fett himself. That guy at the end was surely a scarred Fett. Backed up by the choice of actor. So presumably him and his armour were separated at some point in the ordeal.

I wonder if this new canon had the familiar old Sarlacc eaten by Krayt Dragons, and that being how Fett ultimately survived. They did mention that as being the only way a pit would be unoccupied.

13 minutes ago, PK said:

Hide contents

ffs. How did i not think of that...:doh:

14 minutes ago, JohnC said:
  Reveal hidden contents

It was Fetts armour. But probably not found on Fett himself. That guy at the end was surely a scarred Fett. Backed up by the choice of actor. So presumably him and his armour were separated at some point in the ordeal.

I wonder if this new canon had the familiar old Sarlacc eaten by Krayt Dragons, and that being how Fett ultimately survived. They did mention that as being the only way a pit would be unoccupied.

Ah, I didn't recognise the actor! 

Spoiler

Empire chap trying to get baby Yoda, Boba Fett trying to get his armour back, and the Mandalorian trying to find the rest of the Yodas seems like it could be a fun combination of arcs going on this series, as long as they don't stray from the self-enclosed weekly story formula

19 minutes ago, Vulgar Monkey said:

I dont think Ive ever even really noticed the screen bgs. Like, at all.

Me neither. The only reason I’m even aware of them is because of the way they’ve promoted the technique all over the place.

If I’d not been told I wouldn’t know. Looks incredible.

The extras and their 'acting' were a bit second filming unit and lacked the Favreau touch.

The rest was gloriously Star Wars. 

I like happy smiley Olyphant. He looked to be having a whale of a time, no wonder Pascal wants the helmet off.