IGNORED

The Mandalorian - Season 2 (open spoilers for big surprises)

TehStu

Apologies if this has been mentioned already but did anyone else absolutely lose their shit when they found out who plays The Marshal?!! 

I’m usually terrible for casting spoilers on shows I love but being a huge fan of some of his other, shall we say similar character type outings, I let out a little squeak.

This fucking show!!

8 hours ago, makkuwata said:

Then they went all in. "Oh you enjoyed Knights of the Old Republic, here you go. Here's that bit."

It's too blatant to not be a tease for the pre-covid speculation on a KOTOR trilogy of some kind.

Dont... don’t give me hope. I maintain that the story of the first KOTOR game is as good if not better than ESB, so a trilogy or even a single movie exploring that would be more than I could hope for.

The Mandalorian with it’s incredibly clever nods and epic moments being teased will do for now, but please let it be the way!

8 hours ago, makkuwata said:

I haven't kept up enough to remember if elements of KOTOR are still considered canon, but as soon as I saw the ROTJ flashback scene I smiled and thought maybe they'll have fun and tie the mining operation in with a Czerka reference.

Then they went all in. "Oh you enjoyed Knights of the Old Republic, here you go. Here's that bit."

It's too blatant to not be a tease for the pre-covid speculation on a KOTOR trilogy of some kind.

IIRC there's a ship named Revan in one of the films, could be TROS, or maybe in one of the art books. 

8 hours ago, hub2 said:

Could someone explain the KOTOR/Galaxies references? Been a loooong time since I played for the former, and was a FFXI player when Galaxies was a thing.

Spoiler

Don't know about Galaxies, but the main story plotline on Tatooine in KOTOR 1 is hunting a Krayt dragon, part of it being getting assistance from sand people to locate it, then using mines to kill it. Also you get a Krayt dragon pearl as a reward. 

55 minutes ago, MardiganX said:

Apologies if this has been mentioned already but did anyone else absolutely lose their shit when they found out who plays The Marshal?!! 

I’m usually terrible for casting spoilers on shows I love but being a huge fan of some of his other, shall we say similar character type outings, I let out a little squeak.

This fucking show!!

Spoiler

The guy playing the bartender was also Dan, Al's number 1 goon from Deadwood! 

Was grinning like a loon through the whole episode. I've just finished binging the whole of Clone Wars in the past couple of weeks this evening, then went right into this! :D

10 hours ago, hub2 said:

Could someone explain the KOTOR/Galaxies references? Been a loooong time since I played for the former, and was a FFXI player when Galaxies was a thing.

Spoiler

Krayt dragon pearls 

were a rare but amazing crafting material for amour and weapons so you'd get a gang of 20-40 people and go

Spoiler

Hunt krayt dragons on the northern part of Tatooine map in SWG.

You'd also get the same item in KOTOR.

Edit: one of the sith trooper battalions in TROS is called Revan Battalion. 

9 hours ago, Matt Defis said:
  Hide contents

Krayt dragon pearls 

were a rare but amazing crafting material for amour and weapons so you'd get a gang of 20-40 people and go

Hide contents

Hunt krayt dragons on the northern part of Tatooine map in SWG.

You'd also get the same item in KOTOR.

Edit: one of the sith trooper battalions in TROS is called Revan Battalion. 

Nah, the tissue was for armour and normal weapons. The other thing was purely for lightsabers and you had to have a Jedi attune them to find out the quality. Another part of the whole interconnected-ness that made SWG such an amazing game.

I will utterly lose my shit if we ever visit Lok and a Giant Dune Kimogila appears :omg:

That was a great start to the series. Loved it!

As for the ending..

Spoiler

Of course that is Boba Fett! Disney know that's what everyone wants..

Sure if Rian Johnson was running the show it would be unrelated bored clone placed there to subvert us  - but  I can see Disney making Boba a pretty major part of the series - especially if the rumours with Pascal are true. :)

2 minutes ago, Dirty Harry Potter said:

As for the ending..

Hide contents

Sure if Rian Johnson was running the show it would be unrelated bored clone placed there to subvert us  - but  I can see Disney making Boba a pretty major part of the series - especially if the rumours with Pascal are true. :)

Spoiler

A Republic clone would be a lot older as they age at an accelerated rate, so really it has to be Boba

11 hours ago, Dirty Harry Potter said:

As for the ending..

Hide contents

They're not true, they've been debunked already. 

11 hours ago, redbloodcel said:

Hide contents

A Republic clone would be a lot older as they age at an accelerated rate, so really it has to be Boba

Spoiler

Boba would be about late thirties, Temura Morrison is in his 60s. They could explain it away as the accelerated ageing did kick in at some point due to a defect, or being in the sarlaac fucked him up good. 

Also it's been confirmed the old rebel boy in RotJ is Captain Rex, so Morrison is about the right age for an aged clone, funnily enough. 

10 minutes ago, Mr Combo Breaker said:

I chuckled at them all sitting in the pub watching the death star getting blown up on Space News 24 

I thought the death Star was a top secret government project. Turns out it's basically star Wars version of the HS2. Updates on Star News every few months "delayed again" "costing tax payers billions of credits" "embattled minister resigns over death Star delay fiasco" :lol:

Also when you think about it, Death Star is such a terrible name for a weapon. There's no subtlety in it at all. "Hi, we're a benevolent and peaceful empire, this is our death Star. What? Oh, no no no. In our language death means "hope". I can see why you'd be confused". 

I’m trying to think whether anyone in the Empire actually calls it the Death Star. I think they just call it a battle station or similar. Presumably Death Star is just the colloquial name everyone else uses to the constant annoyance of the powers that be, like the Poll Tax.

Think the empire call is station or battle station mostly, but it is definitely called Death Star on a few occasions, including Vader telling Palpatine it’ll soon be complete or whatever in RotJ. 

It was probably the project code name. I worked somewhere which had a disaster recovery plan that was called ‘operation dark star’. But I think that was because the Chair of the organisation liked giving things goofy names. He had one project called operation silver shadow, so think he was just dicking about. 

35 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

Think the empire call is station or battle station mostly, but it is definitely called Death Star on a few occasions, including Vader telling Palpatine it’ll soon be complete or whatever in RotJ. 

It was probably the project code name. I worked somewhere which had a disaster recovery plan that was called ‘operation dark star’. But I think that was because the Chair of the organisation liked giving things goofy names. He had one project called operation silver shadow, so think he was just dicking about. 

Maybe they just call it that in private? The emperor definitely says it to luke but I’m not sure we ever see it referred to as that in meetings or anything.

1 hour ago, Welrain said:

The station is the weapon, it’s not like planet destroying laser is an upgrade. Anyway the name does fit with into the stupid puns area that the misguided, although well meaning @Doctor Sharkproposed.

the planet destroying laser was an upgrade to the laser used in the prototype...

On 02/11/2020 at 19:05, Darren said:

I’m trying to think whether anyone in the Empire actually calls it the Death Star. I think they just call it a battle station or similar. Presumably Death Star is just the colloquial name everyone else uses to the constant annoyance of the powers that be, like the Poll Tax.

Vader says “Alert my Star Destroyer to prepare for my arrival” during ESB. 

Edit - sorry, I don’t know why I pointed this out. Time for bed!

27 minutes ago, Popo said:

Vader says “Alert my Star Destroyer to prepare for my arrival” during ESB. 

Edit - sorry, I don’t know why I pointed this out. Time for bed!

That line was added in the Special Edition for some strange reason known only to George Lucas - In the original he just says "Bring my shuttle"