The Mandalorian - Season 2 (open spoilers for big surprises)

16 minutes ago, SweatyTravolta said:

Out of interest did you watch use a curation list to get through the early seasons, which I understand are quite rough, or did you watch the whole thing? 

I watched the whole thing, and I'm glad I did - but I can understand people wanting a quick catch-up not wanting to sit through all the early episodes.

Seasons 1 and 2 (and the movie that kicks it all off) are a bit rough, you can see it's got potential but it's fairly typical episodic Saturday morning kids' fare and probably not what you're watching this for. Then the first half of season 3 is a complete stinker with a run of incredibly tedious Senate/Padme episodes. Also during this time the whole thing skips around chronologically which makes it all very confusing if you're watching it in the order it was released (don't do this - use the chronological guide from the official Star Wars site).

Then bizarrely at the halfway mark in season 3 it massively picks up, gets an animation upgrade, and starts a run of exceptional stories - in chronological order! - that mostly continues to the end of season 5.

Then of course the idiots cancelled it. So season 6 is a half-season consisting of episodes that were already in production when the show was cancelled. They're good episodes mostly but some stories inevitably don't get the conclusion you want and some characters just disappear never to be seen again.

Then in 2020 Disney+ funded a final season which looks absolutely stunning and ends with one of the best Star Wars stories ever committed to screen.

If you want a shorter experience then this is an excellent guide:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/4nrpri/so_you_want_to_watch_the_clone_wars_but_you_dont/

I'd go with all its recommendations (including the suggestion of watching at least the first bit of the movie before you start) as well as the order it suggests to watch them in. Add the whole of season 7 to the end, in order, and you're good to go. I'd probably also add in the Younglings arc from the list of recommended episodes. But generally you can't go wrong with this.

I've tried Clone Wars twice at least and never got into it at all, but I think I never got past the dodgy first couple of series and on to the stuff that everyone raves about. I really ought to give it another go using that reddit guide.

Finally got round to watching this. Still high calibre stuff.

My favourite bit so far was in episode 3:

Spoiler

When Mando takes baby Yoda to the frog family to look after I was like oh no, keep him away!

26 minutes ago, JohnC said:

New ep

Hide contents

Were they Dark Troopers at the end? It's been a very long time since I've played Dark Forces.

Spoiler

Yeah they seemed to look like them plus was that a snoke clone in the clone tanks looks like he had the same head scar

re: Season 2 Episode 4
What was the significance of

Spoiler

The Emblem given to Cara by the x-wing pilot? Is it an Alliance invitation?

Spoiler

So it looks like the baby's blood (presumably with a massive Midochlorian count) was used to create the Snoke clones!

Got to admit I thought I was done with SW after the films put me off so much but Mando (and I've been recapping Rebels) have sucked me riiiight back into it.

By Christ this makes Discovery look bad. The attention to detail is off the scale.

You know what I love? Switches. You what this episode had a lot of?

Spoiler

Motherfucking switches.

Also:

Spoiler

Finally, the correct reason to use the force: to steal blue milk macaroons.

8 hours ago, mechamonkey said:

re: Season 2 Episode 4
What was the significance of

Reveal hidden contents

The Emblem given to Cara by the x-wing pilot? Is it an Alliance invitation?

Hide contents

So it looks like the baby's blood (presumably with a massive Midochlorian count) was used to create the Snoke clones!

Spoiler

It'd explain quite nicely why snoke was so....funny looking. I bit of spliced in yoda dna would be a really good fit, considering it cant have been planned at the time for the films.

16 minutes ago, Fusty Gusset said:

Am I going nuts or did the huge ship at the end look like a model.

There was a shot looking out from the cockpit of the Mandalorian's ship when he was approaching the town that I could have sworn was a model as well. 

• Pob changed the title to The Mandalorian - Season 2 (open spoilers for big surprises)