The Mandalorian - Season 2 (open spoilers for big surprises)

13 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

You got a hint - he now has the Darksaber - so that whole mandalore storyline needs to be resolved. 

He didn't seem very keen on that though, and nor did Bo Katan. If she'd been like "you're the king now, truly you are THE MANDALORIAN" then I'd feel like I had some idea where that was going, but honestly I'm expecting them to start next season with him off on some side quests and not mention it until later. If next season is about them trying to retake mandalore I'm 100% in. I wanted him to get a new ship as well. It sometimes feels a bit like a lot of the stuff I want to see is happening off screen while Mando wanders about getting his ship fixed.

Reading through the thread, I find it really funny that after someone suggested that they could add a new Jedi people were like “they can’t add any new Jedi in this bit of Star Wars media, there’s only Luke who we were specifically told was the only Jedi left and three others added through other Star Wars media in direct contradiction to that”.

Hey everybody, here's that clip of Ewan playing about with lightsabres ten years later on Graham.

He probably had a wink and a nod deal to do something else even then. Now we have this show. And all the others.

• 2 weeks later...

I've watched 6 episodes of this and so far I feel like I'm wasting my time. It's predictable and boring. There must be more to it right? Should I keep watching? 

14 minutes ago, Sane said:

I've watched 6 episodes of this and so far I feel like I'm wasting my time. It's predictable and boring. There must be more to it right? Should I keep watching? 

Dunno, probably not. Now be on your way.

8.thumb.jpg.586512763b4c88fc84962f8d9dc2cc59.jpg

I guess my post kind of invited that response. I guess I'm just disappointed because everyone seems to love it and I'm not feeling it. Genuinely looking for opinions, if it gets better if I will stick with it. 

26 minutes ago, Sane said:

I guess my post kind of invited that response. I guess I'm just disappointed because everyone seems to love it and I'm not feeling it. Genuinely looking for opinions, if it gets better if I will stick with it. 

It might just be a case of adjusting your expectations as to the kind of show it is. Also if you’re six in you’ve just watched the three dodgy eps back to back. I was feeling the same as you when I was at that point, but the last two eps of season 1 turn things around. 

7 minutes ago, Pob said:

It might just be a case of adjusting your expectations as to the kind of show it is. Also if you’re six in you’ve just watched the three dodgy eps back to back. I was feeling the same as you when I was at that point, but the last two eps of season 1 turn things around. 

Thanks, that's what I was hoping to hear. 

To be frank, if you're not feeling it six episodes in, then it's perhaps not the show you are looking for.  While the last two episodes of season 1 are excellent and move the story on a pace, the overall feel of the show doesn't change.

I'd stick with it though, if only to see how season 1 ends and then decide if it's worth continuing. 

I've literally just finished the end of Season 2, having watched both seasons in just over a week!!!!  Oh my!!! Absolutely loved it, and now gutted its ended!!!

I don't actually think there is anything I really disliked about the whole thing.  It took me back to my childhood and all those years of collecting and playing with star wars figures! Loved seeing Boba Fett again on screen, Baby Jeff (that's what we called him) was so endearing, Mando was fucking awesome and the rest of the cast rocked.  The end made me sad, as I immediately thought they aren't going to bring it back but with the Dark Saber (never heard of it until this show), I hope they will.  I actually just want to watch that final episode again right now!

If I was a C-list star who suddenly myself in the Disney Big League- I would delete my entire existence from the internet as much as I could, and never do any interviews other than that required by the job.

I'm going to stick my next out a little here. And I don't want to be crucified so please tell me why I am wrong. That quoted tweet is the only thing I've seen of hers and could it possibly be more clumsy than abhorrent?

Abhorrence, in my mind, would be to say something like "The Jews suffering at the hands of the Nazi's has been overblown by history" 

In that tweet she's drawing a false equivalence between the Nazi's propaganda, turning ordinary people against Jews, and modern politics and news media promoting hate of others due to their (in this case political) beliefs.

If that is the only thing she said then I'd have thought an apology and a clarification of her meaning would have been enough.

Something like

"I am sorry for being so clumsy with my words. I do not diminish the suffering of the Jews in any way, I just wanted to comment about how hate is used by fascists to create power for themselves."

I don't care that she's been sacked at all. 

Am I missing something here?