Jump to content

Microsoft’s xCloud Game Streaming Service


Recommended Posts

Anyway - I'm looking forward to trying this Microsoft service when it launches in the next few days. Am I right in thinking that all I will need to do is shell out for a subscription, and then I'll be able to stream Xbox (and PC) games straight to my mobile or tablet, and control them with an Xbox One controller? That seems pretty awesome if it's right. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/09/2020 at 11:42, JPL said:

Have Apple stopped acting like idiots yet? I really need this on iOS.

No, these new rules for streaming services are nonsense. I guess Apple know best for their users, as usual. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/09/2020 at 17:42, JPL said:

Have Apple stopped acting like idiots yet? I really need this on iOS.

If by stopped acting like idiots yet you mean doubling down on the bullshit then yes, yes they have.

https://www.macrumors.com/2020/09/11/apple-updates-app-store-review-guidelines/

 

Quote

Streaming games are permitted so long as they adhere to all guidelines -- for example, each game update must be submitted for review, developers must provide appropriate metadata for search, games must use in-app purchase to unlock features or functionality, etc. Of course, there is always the open Internet and web browser apps to reach all users outside of the ‌App Store‌.

Each streaming game must be submitted to the ‌App Store‌ as an individual app so that it has an ‌App Store‌ product page, appears in charts and search, has user ratings and review, can be managed with Screen Time and other parental control apps, appears on the user's device, etc.

What the actual fuck. :lol: 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not right now but I'm just becoming so anti-Apple. As much as I ended up OSX and iOS on my phone I had respect for them generally but the App Store control is frustrating and until they change it it's not a model I want to support at all

Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone tried side-loading this onto an Amazon Firestick? Heard a lot of mixed reports. I’ve got a 4K stick in the bedroom it would be amazing to play Xbox up here (I’m waiting on a back operation so spend a lot of time in bed).

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StoooTube said:

Has anyone tried side-loading this onto an Amazon Firestick? Heard a lot of mixed reports. I’ve got a 4K stick in the bedroom it would be amazing to play Xbox up here (I’m waiting on a back operation so spend a lot of time in bed).

 

I've not heard of anyone who's satisfied with the results, unfortunately. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This silly rule by Apple is just going to make things more confusing for users. So, Forza Horizon 4 is free on the App Store now? But once you’ve downloaded it you discover you need a sub and a decent network connection to play it. Dozens of streaming games will be mixed in with non-streaming games. Awful.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StoooTube said:

Has anyone tried side-loading this onto an Amazon Firestick? Heard a lot of mixed reports. I’ve got a 4K stick in the bedroom it would be amazing to play Xbox up here (I’m waiting on a back operation so spend a lot of time in bed).

 

Runs rubbish.  Only worked well on my shield but that was the Xcloud app I had. The new Gamepass Beta won't sideload anymore so I think they've done that on purpose

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Paulando said:

This silly rule by Apple is just going to make things more confusing for users. So, Forza Horizon 4 is free on the App Store now? But once you’ve downloaded it you discover you need a sub and a decent network connection to play it. Dozens of streaming games will be mixed in with non-streaming games. Awful.

 

It isn't, because no-one is going to take them up on their "offer".

Link to post
Share on other sites

What controllers are compatible with this? All the advertising says XBox pad is needed but it was mentioned here that this isn't the case. Will any Bluetooth Android pad do the job?

 

Also -is this going to include next-gen Xbox games , or only XBox One and PC stuff?

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Anne Summers said:

What controllers are compatible with this? All the advertising says XBox pad is needed but it was mentioned here that this isn't the case. Will any Bluetooth Android pad do the job?

 

Also -is this going to include next-gen Xbox games , or only XBox One and PC stuff?


At the moment Xbox one only. The roadmap is to include next gen, but it may be a while.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Out today isn't it?Anyone using it yet?

Can anyone confirm if PS4 or other Bluetooth controllers work at all ? I know they aren't supported officially, but are they completely disabled in the release version?

 

Also are MS still doing that thing they talked about a while ago, where there's s subscription tier that gets you an actual console thrown in?

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Anne Summers said:

Out today isn't it?Anyone using it yet?

Can anyone confirm if PS4 or other Bluetooth controllers work at all ? I know they aren't supported officially, but are they completely disabled in the release version?

 

Also are MS still doing that thing they talked about a while ago, where there's s subscription tier that gets you an actual console thrown in?

 

You mean this?

 

https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-all-access

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

According to the email I received, this should be implemented into the gamepass app, but unless I'm missing something I can't see any option to stream a game on my phone. Anyone got it to work yet?

 

Same here, the Streaming App now says they are in Gamepass, but the Gamepass app is just the usual, allowing you to select games to download.

Link to post
Share on other sites

As a rule, all Android tablets are terrible. ;) And something decent specs wise you're looking at iPad prices, and frankly you'd be crazy not to get an iPad if you want to spend that kind of money.... even an older model... but then they obviously do not have Xbox game streaming.

 

However, saying all that, I'd get an Amazon Fire HD and side load the Google Play store. :P

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Eighthours said:

If the release version works well, I may buy an inexpensive Android tablet to play xCloud when I'm on lunch in the office. Any recommendations?

 

My Lenovo Duet Chromebook that I have for sale in trading ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.