IGNORED

Microsoft xCloud Game Streaming - now powered by Series X

bear

I have sideloaded the xcloud app onto my Chromecast TV. It works but was pretty choppy. I then tried again with the CC connected via eithernet and it was soo much better, to the point of being totally serviceable.

I have also got the PS Play remote on there as well as Stadia so it's proving to be a really useful second console on the other TV with pretty much all my games on there

1 hour ago, tobert said:

I have sideloaded the xcloud app onto my Chromecast TV. It works but was pretty choppy. I then tried again with the CC connected via eithernet and it was soo much better, to the point of being totally serviceable.

I have also got the PS Play remote on there as well as Stadia so it's proving to be a really useful second console on the other TV with pretty much all my games on there

Nice, I might try this. Is there a favoured guide to follow to get XCG on there?

Correct,

52 minutes ago, Paulando said:

Ahh, I misunderstood - I have a Chromecast Ultra which I guess isn’t compatible with side loading.

Is this what you have?:

4C6580BF-211F-4E7F-B321-648881819175.thumb.jpeg.9c25ba1cb5e7a3af2e907c56ed71b94b.jpeg

Yep that is the one, it was £45 on black Friday sale. They also send me £10 credit to use in the store for some reason so I bought the Ethernet adaptor

On 28/11/2021 at 14:00, Fry Crayola said:

Experiences vary, unfortunately. My play of Forza Horizon 5 was stuttery, with tearing and frequent full-screen decoding garbage (particularly on changing the camera). 

On the other hand, I've had smooth experiences with other games on it at other times, so it's a consistency issue.

I still haven’t had any ‘choppy’ lag at all yet. I’m sure I will, but tried Skyrim last night continuing from where I’d got on my physical Xbox. Seamless!

Def some annoying input lag that would not be acceptable otherwise.

The best thing about it is a console purchase is out of reach for most on the planet, it’s a very inclusive idea. Maybe this will see an explosion in player numbers of certain types of games? Non-twitchy ones. 

26 minutes ago, Shook said:

I still haven’t had any ‘choppy’ lag at all yet. I’m sure I will, but tried Skyrim last night continuing from where I’d got on my physical Xbox. Seamless!

Def some annoying input lag that would not be acceptable otherwise.

The best to thing about it is a console purchase is out of reach for most on the planet, it’s a very inclusive idea. Maybe this will see an explosion in player numbers of certain types of games? Non-twitchy ones. 

I’m not sure about the lag as I’m happily playing Halo Infinite on this and I forget that it’s just a video and that I’m not just playing a console game. 

I’m not doing too bad for kills on this to be fair. It’s made me question if I actually need an Xbox. 

19 hours ago, Fused gamer said:

I’m not sure about the lag as I’m happily playing Halo Infinite on this and I forget that it’s just a video and that I’m not just playing a console game. 

I’m not doing too bad for kills on this to be fair. It’s made me question if I actually need an Xbox. 

Did you play it on a console before?

• 1 month later...

Anyone finding certain titles aren't on the Windows Xbox app for streaming? There's no cloud option for Aliens Fireteam when you look it up on that app, yet there is from the Xbox itself. I could stream it from there no problem.

Seems to be on the Android app, too. Just not Windows.

On 04/12/2021 at 09:16, Fused gamer said:

No. Possibly why I’m happy playing this?

I've just been playing on 5g in a city centre, on my old laptop, using a controller via Bluetooth and it was pretty spot on. A few annoying spots of lag but I managed to kill a boss which I couldn't last night playing at home on series X. I've also played at home streaming from my PC and has been great there too.

It really has improved for me recently, going from unplayable to more than good enough and I genuinely feel as though I can game from anywhere now as long as I have an internet connection. Playing on my phone screen is too small for something like halo but fine for other games. Even two point hospital plays pretty well on phone, with the touch screen controls alone.