IGNORED

Mega SG - New FPGA Console from Analogue

Spartan

Just ordered the Japanese versions of the Super NT and Mega SG this morning. With them staying in stock for a while at the moment I had a nasty feeling that they may choose not to do another run any time soon once this batch has gone and didn't want to risk missing out. 

3 hours ago, Dudley said:

That might be worth querying, the last time I ordered something in stock direct from them it had done US to me inside 48 hours.

Just opened a ticket, strange thing is i ordered the dac separate from the NT and i had to pay taxes on the dac but not on the NT. I'm assuming im going to get hit on the way in to the country.

Ordered both on the day of restock as well

3 hours ago, ontwofronts said:

How well does the Super NT scale up on a 55” screen compared to the Mini SNES?

There's a multitude of very granular scaling options on the Super NT, so you can customise it for your display as you see fit.

I've just ordered one each of the 8BitDo Super Famicom and Megadrive controllers from AliExpress.

They're estimating delivery of 75 days. Not that I'm in any great rush or anything, but does anyone know if that's likely a worst case scenario or a reasonable estimate?

19 hours ago, auntyclimax said:

I just now ordered the M30 for OG Mega Drive from AliExpress. My first order with them, I received various 'coupons' and the total cost came to £16.15. Crazy!

I'm about 75-100 orders deep in AliExpress these days

it's how they get you

Got my Super NT and Mega SG delivered today. Lovely as expected and much smaller than I thought they’d be despite watching videos on YouTube about them almost constantly since the end of last week. 

One slight issue is that the rear cartridge flap on the Mega SG looks to be slightly misaligned as it’s not springing back up properly after being push down.

Does anyone know what screwdriver bit I’ll need to use in order to open it up and have a look? 

On 20/08/2021 at 18:47, auntyclimax said:

£173.15 for the console plus 36 import

Confusingly FedEx have sent me a letter asking for payment, but upon logging in it tells me it's been paid. Letting you know in case you experience the same.

i got an email telling me to pay the import duty about the same £36ish i think. Jailbreak firmware went straight on the super NT and i didnt realise you can copy game saves which is nice.

Still waiting for my DAC though its on its way

On 25/08/2021 at 19:32, SplashWaveUK said:

Got my Super NT and Mega SG delivered today. Lovely as expected and much smaller than I thought they’d be despite watching videos on YouTube about them almost constantly since the end of last week. 

One slight issue is that the rear cartridge flap on the Mega SG looks to be slightly misaligned as it’s not springing back up properly after being push down.

Does anyone know what screwdriver bit I’ll need to use in order to open it up and have a look? 

I'd be onto their support, more like. If only because you'll blow your warranty opening it up.

4 hours ago, Fallows said:

I'd be onto their support, more like. If only because you'll blow your warranty opening it up.

I considered that but fixed it myself in the end. The spring on the rear flap had come slightly misaligned and so was an easy fix. 

Hopefully if something does go wrong with it they’ll look kindly on me and honour the warranty due to me saving them the extortionate shipping fees of sending it back the US. 

It’s a Torx T10 by the way that’s needed for both the case screws and to get to the slot once it’s opened up. 

Quick question. Can anyone confirm that the SuperNT and NT Mini Noir are all USB powered for UK use?

The MegaSg appears to be OK.

The only reason I ask is that I haven't opened the SuperNT or the NT Mini Noir yet but the boxes say 'Worldwide Power Supply US/JPN'  and not 'US/JPN/EU' or does that just refer to the usb power adapter in the box?

19 minutes ago, AceGrace said:

Quick question. Can anyone confirm that the SuperNT and NT Mini Noir are all USB powered for UK use?

The MegaSg appears to be OK.

The only reason I ask is that I haven't opened the SuperNT or the NT Mini Noir yet but the boxes say 'Worldwide Power Supply US/JPN'  and not 'US/JPN/EU' or does that just refer to the usb power adapter in the box?

yes, my super nt works Just fine with my tv’s usb power 

I think they just supply the USA power adapter in the box 

After posting a want in the wanted subforum a week or so ago I have now thrown caution to the wind and ordered a Super NT direct from analogue. Import costs etc seem reasonable enough.   I have 30 curated carts in my collection I want to continue to play and currently have a couple of SNESs (one switched) and a rad2X.   I don't have any tie to the specific hardware so I figure letting the consoles and the rad2x sell will cover the Super NT cost.   Only thing I've seen I might like from the jailbroken software is the cart RAM dump capability. Seems like the best way to save my cart saves before changing the battery?

If you’re quick, the saves won’t be gone. But I tend to solder an external battery pack in parallel to carts I care about before removing the battery. 

Does the SRAM dump let you write the saves back to carts? Is it 100% reliable?