Wireframe - a new gaming magazine (yes, on real paper)

• 1 month later...
45 minutes ago, Yiggy said:

Nice. I cancelled my sub a while back as I just wasn’t reading them but I like every story on that cover so just bought this issue!

Maybe the best thing about Wireframe is the way in which x amount of their coverage lies far enough off the beaten path to give issues a longer shelf life. I missed out on five months' worth (most fortnightly) because I was out of the country during lockdown. Still haven't quite caught up, but each issue has plenty I haven't encountered elsewhere. Great magazine.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, ianinthefuture said:

Ping wireframe@subscriptionhelpline.co.uk a mail if it still hasn't shown, they should be able to help. Sadly I'm not allowed to fiddle in the backend.

Title of your sex tape.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah my sub copy came today. Have to say, been very impressed with the delivery of sub copies, always on time. Also, the Raspberry team were very helpful when I had a sub query previously.  Wish Future would get their house in order! They have been awful of late, especially their customer services. No way am I renewing with them again.

@ianinthefuture Loving the magazine, keep up the great work Ian!

4 minutes ago, djbhammer said:

Yeah my sub copy came today. Have to say, been very impressed with the delivery of sub copies, always on time. Also, the Raspberry team were very helpful when I had a sub query previously.  Wish Future would get their house in order! They have been awful of late, especially their customer services. No way am I renewing with them again.

@ianinthefuture Loving the magazine, keep up the great work Ian!

Thanks!

for slagging off future, I mean...

3 hours ago, kempstar said:

Where is the cheapest place to get a physical sub for this? Used to subscribe before, but rarely had time to read. But these days, have plenty of time on my hands.

Direct is the only way I know of that we do physical subs, tbh: https://raspberrypipress.imbmsubscriptions.com/wireframe-magazine/

Failing that, you can get every issue as a free PDF. Then, I dunno, print them out. Though that'd probably cost more in ink, paper, and power.

The review of Cyberpunk is good. I disagree on one aspect - the shallowness of the open world. It's definitely more than a veneer, and I wouldn't say the game world pales in comparison to that of GTA V's either. But I suppose it depends on what you want out of an open world, and that is subjective.

15 hours ago, LaveDisco said:

Boggles my mind the PDF is free. The quality is on par with EDGE and Retrogamer. Didn't realise you worked on it @ianinthefuture - congrats!

All part of our overlord's dastardly plan to eliminate as many barriers to entry as possible. The shit.

15 hours ago, Thor said:

The review of Cyberpunk is good. I disagree on one aspect - the shallowness of the open world. It's definitely more than a veneer, and I wouldn't say the game world pales in comparison to that of GTA V's either. But I suppose it depends on what you want out of an open world, and that is subjective.

Oh absolutely it's subjective - my comment on the world's flatness was around how little there is to do beyond walk around and admire the (gorgeous) sights. Before it crashes again, at least.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...