Diablo: Immortal - MMOARPG for Mobile. Developed by NetEase

Radish

Finally got my Blizzard account connected to it last night. 

Told myself I'd play it for ten minutes since it took hours to get the connection to work.

Two hours later and I'm still on it. 

Play's really well on mobile and don't seem to much of a resource hog on my iPhone either. 

I can see me getting back into Diablo via this! 

16 minutes ago, memories said:

First Diablo game I've ever played and seems fun.

Got me looking into whatever Diablos are on the Switch already.

Diablo 3 on the Switch is great

No idea :lol:. Not sure how to check either.

There is a load of sub menu that I have little to no clue what half them mean.

Need to do some work now though, back to the real world.

I can't play with my Battle.net account. It was made in the UK but I switched to US and when logging in to this I had some error about being unable to "merge the account" because it was made in a different region.

I didn't have that sort of nonsense issue playing other Battle.net games here, like Overwatch. Oh well. Honestly, EVE Echoes looked reasonable at first but it soon became apparent where you had to pay to be competitive, so I'll sit this out until that has been properly established.

Had a quick go on the phone, liked it but found it too small so installed on the 12'9" iPad Pro. Sat at my desk with an Xbox controller it's pretty good.

7 hours ago, disperse and recoagulate said:

Dunno how long I’ll play for but I’m in Throne Of Destruction EU server if anyones playing.

:quote:

This is great fun. Did a rift with three others and just steamrolled it. Also paired up with someone for a dungeon and it was smooth. I’ve not communicated with anyone yet, but partying up still felt good.

Same, it seems like a neat open world take on diablo - what I wanted from Lost Ark, really. I've just beaten Skeleton King.

The PC client is a little crummy with controller support - I've heard that there's latency even with the supported controls, and Steam Deck's controls are not recognised at all (although this is through a compatibility layer).

You can map to Keyboard for movement which is nice, although the abilities for Necromancer feel like skillshots without official support.

I am fully expecting a power creep to force paying for shit at some point, but no doubt I'll move on by then.

18 minutes ago, TehStu said:

Starting on PC after playing on mobile can wipe your character. Just FYI until they sort that bug.

I'm guessing that's outside of the signposted 'Have you played Diablo Immortal on a phone already?' dialogue that happens when you start the PC game?

Although honestly, from initial impressions, it's based so heavily on the mobile structure I'd be more inclined to play it on Windows 11 / Bluestacks / LDPlayer given the opportunity. At least with third party emulation you can map the controls to the on-screen buttons for inexplicably tighter latency.

Playing it on PC - is it just me or does it regularly make you walk towards an enemy that you've just clicked to attack (I'm using a wossname ranged character thing with crossbows)

Quite like it but it's very simplified isn't it.

23 minutes ago, Siri said:

I'm guessing that's outside of the signposted 'Have you played Diablo Immortal on a phone already?' dialogue that happens when you start the PC game?

Oh, not sure. Saw it on Twitter and figured I'd give folks a heads up, just in case.

56 minutes ago, TehStu said:

Starting on PC after playing on mobile can wipe your character. Just FYI until they sort that bug.

Thought that happened to me but it turned out my mobile character was on another server, and the pc client started me on a different one by default. Check the server lists for ones with characters on them, just in case.

24 minutes ago, choddo said:

Playing it on PC - is it just me or does it regularly make you walk towards an enemy that you've just clicked to attack (I'm using a wossname ranged character thing with crossbows)

That's quite common targeting in Diablo styled games, at very least in PoE - I think I've read that it also does the same as other games with this fuzzy logic, and lets you hold shift to attack on the spot, so give that a go.

The PC version has such bad pad controls for me (using an elite bone pad) that it feels like parody. It's either bugged or just plain doesn't work.

2 hours ago, Uzi said:

The PC version has such bad pad controls for me (using an elite bone pad) that it feels like parody. It's either bugged or just plain doesn't work.

I am using mouse & keyboard. Seems ok apart from my penchant for running at enemies.

4 hours ago, choddo said:

Usually, on PC, I believe you hold shift to stand in place when attacking in Diablo games - this stops you mis-clicking on the ground and running all over the place.

^ That is correct.

I'm liking this. It's kind of Diablo 3.5. A little too zoomed in, and doesn't quite have the tactile precision of D3 combat, but it's perfectly fine for a stopgap until IV turns up.

20 hours ago, choddo said:

I am using mouse & keyboard. Seems ok apart from my penchant for running at enemies.

As Siri suggested earlier, clicking on a point normally moves you towards that point in Diablo games  (certainly did in III) so this sounds the same. It's fine for melee classes but I always held down the "don't move" key for ranged ones, try shift.