Jump to content
rllmuk
Lorfarius

Dave Perry is back...

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Lorfarius said:

It's all a bit sad really. Old man looking back at his glory days and not being relevant anymore, wearing that knackered old jacket and bandana to remind him of when he thought he was cool. I knew Oasis you know.

 

Old man looking back at his glory days and not being relevant anymore whilst knowing that's what he is and presenting it from that point of view, would be a really interesting show.  

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a look to see if this was still going. Three episodes up now and a “special” on bikini babes.

 

On Episode 2 now and between being awful he’s going through a photo album and reminiscing like a veteran of Dunkirk.

 

I’d like to see Zammo from Grange Hill doing something similar from his locksmith shop in Esher.

 

Edit: Hang about, that bikini babes thing isn’t a special, it’s the worst song and video in existence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think anything news gone up, I think that was all there before.

 

His tattoo shop isn't far from me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

Weird that his tattoo shop website doesn’t mention him being the Games Animal.

 

I imagine a lot of people who know him as a tattooist probably think it's weird that he isn't known everywhere by the name they definitely all routinely refer to him as in everyday parlance and definitely isn't something that he made up for himself while trying to be cool. 

 

"The Revolver Tattoo Rooms were opened in March 2007 by owner and lead artist Dave 'The Pistol' Perry."

 

https://www.bigtattooplanet.com/daveperry

 

I can't think of a single person who I know by a name other than their actual name, and Dave Perry has two alternate names! What a guy. Actually, there's one guy I had to contact for work whose colleague clearly didn't like him and implied that for reasons undisclosed everyone in their organisation referred to him as "pornhub". 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

 

I imagine a lot of people who know him as a tattooist probably think it's weird that he isn't known everywhere by the name they definitely all routinely refer to him as in everyday parlance and definitely isn't something that he made up for himself while trying to be cool. 

 

"The Revolver Tattoo Rooms were opened in March 2007 by owner and lead artist Dave 'The Pistol' Perry."

 

https://www.bigtattooplanet.com/daveperry

 

I can't think of a single person who I know by a name other than their actual name, and Dave Perry has two alternate names! What a guy. Actually, there's one guy I had to contact for work whose colleague clearly didn't like him and implied that for reasons undisclosed everyone in their organisation referred to him as "pornhub". 

 

His bio doesn't mention any of his games history..

 

Quote

The Revolver Tattoo Rooms were opened in March 2007 by owner and lead artist Dave 'The Pistol' Perry. A local boy, who had left Torquay at the age of 18 to study at the Bath Academy of Art before living and working in a number of cities around the world, including London, Los Angeles and Sidney, it had always been Dave's dream to one day open his own studio back in his home town. With Revolver and its artists continuing to go from strength to strength and steadily attracting more and more attention from the media, Dave took on yet another challenge in 2010 when he became the editor of the UK's leading 'artists only' magazine - Tattoo Master. He now runs this publication alongside tattooing five days a week in his busy studio.Skin Deep published a six page interview with Dave in September 2010.

 

But then I guess something like.. 

 

Quote

Remember that Games Master TV program? You know, the one with the fat astronomer. No, not Russell Grant, he's an astrologer. Yeah, sure you were too busy listening to METAL bands in the 90s to care about stupid computer games,, but Dave 'The Pistol' Perry was on that program wearing a BANDANA and playing kids games like Super Mario. Well he doesn't do that know. The Pistol does totally rock and roll tattoos like of skulls and shit. And absolutely no tattoos of Super Mario.

 

..might not work well at selling his skills as a tattoo artist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gone fishin' said:
Quote

Remember that Games Master TV program? You know, the one with the fat astronomer. No, not Russell Grant, he's an astrologer. Yeah, sure you were too busy listening to METAL bands in the 90s to care about stupid computer games,, but Dave 'The Pistol' Perry was on that program wearing a BANDANA and playing kids games like Super Mario. Well he doesn't do that know. The Pistol does totally rock and roll tattoos like of skulls and shit. And absolutely no tattoos of Super Mario.

 

..might not work well at selling his skills as a tattoo artist.

Sorry mate, didn't realise this was such a serious topic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/01/2020 at 19:33, womblingfree said:

Had a look to see if this was still going. Three episodes up now and a “special” on bikini babes.

 

On Episode 2 now and between being awful he’s going through a photo album and reminiscing like a veteran of Dunkirk.

 

I’d like to see Zammo from Grange Hill doing something similar from his locksmith shop in Wallington.

 

Edit: Hang about, that bikini babes thing isn’t a special, it’s the worst song and video in existence.

 

He's only round the corner from me, my south african mrs had no idea what a Zammo was.

 

Dave Perry reminds me of a certain ex-forumite who cant be mentioned in his attempts to stay relevant. I would dearly love to see them colaborate to use their powers of 80's/90's promotion to create some kind of stillborn abbhoration of a show, the kind of creation that if it were a child would send priests running screaming and doubting god exists while doctors who have seen it vomit uncontrollably. When the marketing power of the man who tried to sex up reversi by adding cats so it could be called pussy flip teams up with the Games Animal it would be a unstoppable rollercoaster!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sir podger said:

 

He's only round the corner from me, my south african mrs had no idea what a Zammo was.

 

Dave Perry reminds me of a certain ex-forumite who cant be mentioned in his attempts to stay relevant. I would dearly love to see them colaborate to use their powers of 80's/90's promotion to create some kind of stillborn abbhoration of a show, the kind of creation that if it were a child would send priests running screaming and doubting god exists while doctors who have seen it vomit uncontrollably. When the marketing power of the man who tried to sex up reversi by adding cats so it could be called pussy flip teams up with the Games Animal it would be a unstoppable rollercoaster!

Bikini girls and climate change denial? That is pretty 90s, to be fair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.