IGNORED

Sleaziest film ever made

kerraig UK

10 minutes ago, max renn said:

Love it :lol:

Films that make you want to shower after viewings are the best, Men From Behind The Sun made me want to puke then take a shower, probably didn't help that I'd had a tab of acid beforehand.

Personal fave of mine is House on the Edge of The Park, there's something intrinsically sleazy about David Hess, add into the mix Giovanni Lombardo Radice and the director of Cannibal Holocaust at the helm of depraved proceedings and you've got a BIG fucking shower afterwards. 

Honorable mention goes out to the Ilsa Trilogy. Dianne Thorne:wub:

And if anyone on here is thinking of seeking out Men Behind The Sun, please bear in mind that once you've seen something, you can't unsee it.

5 minutes ago, Professor Rob said:

And if anyone on here is thinking of seeking out Men Behind The Sun, please bear in mind that once you've seen something, you can't unsee it.

This is a really important post. I watched Salo knowing that it was going to shock me. I wasn't aware that it was powerful enough to destroy my relationship, induce trauma and give me insomnia. 

Be careful with dangerous cinema. We haven't truly studied the damage it can cause

6 hours ago, kerraig UK said:

Oh god yeah. Gummo is the Terry Richardson of movies. I need a shower even typing this. 

Years ago, Larry Clarke, the Director of Kids was in the UK to promote his new movie Ken Park. He was having dinner with the UK distributor Hamish McAlpine (of now defunct Metro Tartan) when they started talking about 9/11. Hamish mentioned something about American culpability and Larry Clarke, a proud white supremacist, swung for him. They had a punch up in the swish n swanky Charlotte street hotel that led to them both being arrested and the movie not getting a UK release

Excuse me?

I've been on a bit of a trek lately to find some of the more shocking and violent anime films. Yeah it turns out that rabbit hole goes super fucking deep.

The other night I watched the uncut version of Violence Jack Evil Town. Fuuuuuuuuuuck me, that's got some stuff in it you won't forget anytime soon. The kicker is how much work is put into it; there's some serious sleaze on show when you see rape, cannibalism and even child murder scenes that can *retches* be described as technically decently animated. Sometimes, fuck Japan.

On 11/11/2018 at 20:40, BadgerFarmer said:

The sleaziest film I've had the misfortune to see was something called Sewer Baby.

It's the story of a young couple who head to an out of the way whore house which also does a side line in illegal abortions. The abortion is performed, and the foetus flushed down the toilet, where it comes into contact with some radioactive material in the sewer, mutates, and crawls back up the U bend to terrorise the hookers and their clients.

Unsurprisingly, it's every bit as vile as it sounds.  

A friend in school told me about that one but I'd just assumed he'd made it all up!

21 hours ago, kerraig UK said:

This is a really important post. I watched Salo knowing that it was going to shock me. I wasn't aware that it was powerful enough to destroy my relationship, induce trauma and give me insomnia. 

Be careful with dangerous cinema. We haven't truly studied the damage it can cause

I didn't know what Salo was, but after reading about it, I'm not sure I ever want to watch it. It sounds horrible.

1 hour ago, Stigweard said:

I didn't know what Salo was, but after reading about it, I'm not sure I ever want to watch it. It sounds horrible.

My girlfriend dumped me after we watched it. She said "I don't want to date someone who thinks it's ok to expose me to that"

59 minutes ago, Naieve said:

dunno tbh

Hooooo boy! Here are some cliff notes I took of what is featured in the Uncut version that is edited out of the Cut version (for those that haven't seen it, I am not joking with bad it is):

Spoiler

Kids getting beheaded/slashed/knife thrown through the head

Multiple scenes of graphic rape (pretty much an actual hentai film)

Body mutilation/corpse desecration (when Jack is trying to catch up with the survivors very near the end)

In one very weird addition, when Jack is throttling Mad Saulus' second in command, there's a shot of her pants getting wet.

That's not an exhaustive list. I am borderline fascinated by how grotty this film was. A proper video nasty.

On 12/11/2018 at 15:49, kerraig UK said:

Salo is one I am well aware of but so far have not watched.  I did make the mistake of watching A Serbian Story, not so much sleaze but bang on the money for dangerous cinema.  Another mistake was persuading the Mrs to sit down and watch Irreversible with me a while back.  We are still together, but she left the room upset half way through and I felt terrible and stupid.  Whilst I think the film is stunning I appreciate from a female viewpoint it could be particularly harrowing.  To give it perspective, she was once able to sit through Martyrs, but I do still get occasional grief for convincing her to watch that one also.  

When I was about 15 and just beginning to get into anime Manga went through a period where they realised they didn't have any new licences, and had to survive by churning out budget DVD releases of forgettable titles they'd bought during the VHS era. Violence Jack was one such DVD, and every time I saw it in HMV I'd be tempted by it. I had no doubt it would be terrible, but I had very little money and it was half the price of the other anime DVDs, and besides, any teenager will tell you that something called Violence Jack must surely be worth watching, right? In the end, I never did buy it on account of it having an 18 certificate and I didn't think my mum would get it for me. Many years later I would read the series' Wikipedia entry and experience the unnerving revelation that I was one irresponsible parent away from giving my young self lasting psychological damage.

Cool story bro.

Anyway, a few years ago I watched a film called Aaaaaaaah!. Yes, it's actually called that. Here's the (NSFW) trailer:

Spoiler

Since that didn't really explain anything: it's a bizarre satire of human society in which all the characters communicate in unintelligible grunts and exhibit animalistic behaviour. The plot (as much as it exists) focuses on a suburban household whose aggressive, impotent alpha male is challenged for pack dominance by another interloping alpha and his beta. A seemingly never-ending display of disgusting antics ensues. Just about any bodily fluid you can think of is in this film. I thought it'd be worth watching because there's a few decent British comedy actors in it, but dear God the premise runs thin pretty quickly. The runtime is less than 80 minutes and yet it still feels too long.

5 hours ago, marcus said:

Salo is one I am well aware of but so far have not watched.  I did make the mistake of watching A Serbian Story, not so much sleaze but bang on the money for dangerous cinema.  Another mistake was persuading the Mrs to sit down and watch Irreversible with me a while back.  We are still together, but she left the room upset half way through and I felt terrible and stupid.  Whilst I think the film is stunning I appreciate from a female viewpoint it could be particularly harrowing.  To give it perspective, she was once able to sit through Martyrs, but I do still get occasional grief for convincing her to watch that one also.  

Without hyperbole, Irreversible, Martyrs and Serbian Film are silly exploitation curios compared to Salo. Salo is a masterpiece of cinema produced at great sacrifice by one of the great auteurs. I've never experienced its equal in wishing I could delete it from my memory while appreciating that it managed to genuinely make me understand human greed and cruelty for the first time.

Japanese Pinky Violence movies fit neatly into this category (though there are many I like and I think have some merit). It’s the knowledge that particular audience tick boxes are being filled that does it. They may - accidentally or not - find they have something worthwhile to say about the human condition, but they’re also definitely trying to titillate even when the subject matter is abhorrent. 

20 hours ago, kerraig UK said:

Without hyperbole, Irreversible, Martyrs and Serbian Film are silly exploitation curios compared to Salo. Salo is a masterpiece of cinema produced at great sacrifice by one of the great auteurs. I've never experienced its equal in wishing I could delete it from my memory while appreciating that it managed to genuinely make me understand human greed and cruelty for the first time.

Your relationship with films seems to be incredibly unhealthy, you know it’s not real life it’s just pretend.

21 hours ago, kerraig UK said:

Irreversible is an incredible piece of cinema.