IGNORED

Is there absolutely any way to get OutRun Online Arcade on my 360?

Fallows

I'm a bit gutted because I REALLY want to play this. I managed to purchase the other Sega bits which were eventually pulled from the marketplace, but I somehow missed the boat with this one.

So, the question is simple: How do I get this on my 360? I'm willing to pay. I'm willing to hack and yaaarrrr. I'll do almost anything, basically.

3 hours ago, Fallows said:

I'm a bit gutted because I REALLY want to play this. I managed to purchase the other Sega bits which were eventually pulled from the marketplace, but I somehow missed the boat with this one.

So, the question is simple: How do I get this on my 360? I'm willing to pay. I'm willing to hack and yaaarrrr. I'll do almost anything, basically.

Option A, contact Sega for a re-release, that said with the recent Nintendo Switch Outrun announcement it could come back.

Option B, Only way you can get it if you didn't buy it before delisting is to game share it with an account that has it, meaning you have to download someone's else XBLA account to your Xbox 360 who has it and download it from there. Suffice to say if you loan out your account, you really need to trust the person who downloads your account and password it so they don't go doing anything dodgy. In your case you would need to download an account to your box. That the only legalish way to do it, but very risky.

Err option C, Otherwise you might be able to get it running on a J/Tag & RGH modded 360, but that would be illegal. Going down that route you really would need a different 360 and profile for modding to avoid getting your main account and 360 banned from XBLA, which you don't want.

It's sad to say, but the amount of delisted content increases each month on XBLA.

42 minutes ago, Droo said:

I owned it but can’t seem to see the option to Download it again. 

Same with afterburner. 

That surprises me, I don't know why you don't have the option.

I'd say some of the most high-profile XBLA games that have been delisted are After Burner, Scott Pilgrim, The Simpsons Arcade, and Legend of Korra. I only ever downloaded the demos of those games, never bought the full titles, but last time I checked, I was still able to re-download them via my download history.

I would have thought that if the free demos are still accessible for me through my download history, then you should still have access to the full purchased games.

2 hours ago, Nick R said:

I'd say some of the most high-profile XBLA games that have been delisted are After Burner, Scott Pilgrim, The Simpsons Arcade, and Legend of Korra. I only ever downloaded the demos of those games, never bought the full titles, but last time I checked, I was still able to re-download them via my download history.

I would have thought that if the free demos are still accessible for me through my download history, then you should still have access to the full purchased games.

Not any more as some times if you try to re-download the demo now you get an error message on some titles. If you have previously downloaded it, the game should be in your download history, that said I had a couple of link that said no longer available, which is very concerning.

That said I do own all the titles you mention and now might not be the best time to link to this, but what I will say is the PS2 Japanese SP release had a lot more content than the Xbox 360 one which was a bare bones release of the original game, but yes it does look nice over HDMI:

It would be cheap these days to get yourself to cash generator , buy a PS3 and soft mod it. That means you've got no risk of your Xbox account being banned . Just check the number on the unit to make sure it's moddable. See the thread in retro on how to mod a PS3 

On 23/11/2018 at 20:08, Fallows said:

On 26/11/2018 at 18:06, DC said:

I've got a PS2 copy of C2C. Is it a good version of the game?

@Fallows   do you have a PS2? Even just a PAL one? Get it on PS2! It's a super awesome version and absolutely my favourite way to play the game. 

If you have a PVM, then get it on the go on a CRT! The OG arcade game was 4:3 and the PS2 release has all the original Outrun 2 tracks and the SP ones. 

The Japanese release is meant to be the more refinded version, but expensive. The normal one ain't too shabby and the PAL release has a proper 60Hz mode. 

On 30/11/2018 at 13:38, Kevvy Metal said:

@Fallows   do you have a PS2? Even just a PAL one? Get it on PS2! It's a super awesome version and absolutely my favourite way to play the game. 

If you have a PVM, then get it on the go on a CRT! The OG arcade game was 4:3 and the PS2 release has all the original Outrun 2 tracks and the SP ones. 

The Japanese release is meant to be the more refinded version, but expensive. The normal one ain't too shabby and the PAL release has a proper 60Hz mode. 

Awesome. I've got a chipped PS2 on the way, and yes, I just replaced my faulty BVM with a minter PVM-14M2E. I only need a PSU board for the BVM so if you ever hear about anyone throwing out a busted 14" PVM please let me know!

• 2 years later...

So as is tradition, I returned to the issue of getting Outrun Arcade back somehow. About six months ago, I tried buying a new 360, but setting it up wiped my old hard drive and I assumed it was gone for good. Still, after playing Crusin' I thought I would try again. I searched  "getting outrun arcade back on your 360" - hilariously the first link for which was our very own forum (this isn't the bubble effect - I was using DuckDuckGo).

On 23/11/2018 at 22:28, Qazimod said:

Try this:

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-360/store/view-download-history

I still have OOA on my Slim's hard drive, but I risked it anyway and it downloaded the game again, and it can still be played...

It kind of relies on the game being in your download history, but that history seems to go pretty far back!

Whilst this link didn't work, I booted up the 360, went to my account, and scrolled through downloads (not purchases - that doesn't work), years of scrolling later (it wasn't alphabetical or chronological from what I could tell), I was redownloading Outrun Arcade! 😍

I can't explain the magnitude of my thanks for this. This is some Karmic gesture after becoming a supporter or something. 

I have a secret wish that the ongoing emulation scene on the Xbox Series Consoles could work like the whitelist function on the Vita.  That is to say, we know the Series consoles are back compatible with the Xbox OG and 360, but only for the games they allow.  Imagine someone taking the onboard emulation solutions and blowing the doors off so they play anything.  The series X would be the best console ever made surely?

Oops. :D good to know that you found the download @LaveDisco. They moved the page to https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/help/xbox-360/store/view-download-history it seems, so I'll just quote it for anyone else:

You can view a list of what you've downloaded from Xbox Live on your Xbox 360 console or your computer. You can also choose to download an item again (if needed) for no additional charge.

On 360:
 - Sign in to Xbox Live using the gamertag that you used when you originally purchased the content.
 - Go to settings and select Account.
 - Select Download History.
 - Browse your download history. If you want to download something again, select the item, and then select Download Again.
 - Note: If you want to see the charges on your Xbox Live account, see Check your Xbox purchase history.

On your computer:
 - Sign in to your Microsoft account to see your purchase history.
 - Browse your purchase history. If you want to download something again, click Add to queue. This adds the item to your console's download queue.
 - Turn on your console and connect to Xbox Live. The items will begin downloading.

Not sure if the "on your computer" method still works though - the store navigation isn't great.