IGNORED

Marc Rebillet

morcs

Been watching his videos for a while, he does these mad marathon improv sets in the corner of a little restaurant where he's just going crazy like nobody's watching. They're so good.

I love the little sequence at around 7 minutes in here where he lays down some rhodes and just messes about talking about pooping, welcoming people as they walk in and doing silly little raps, then at 10:30 he just goes off and does this brilliant rap about pulling his pants down and taking a shit.

I also love that he tries to get the most ridiculous expression possible on all of his YouTube stills :lol:

He seems to attract a higher standard of YouTube comments than usual too.

"Marc snorted cocaine once and the cocaine got high" :lol:

The theme now seems to be people asking if "he remembers that time he sold his place in line for the iPhone"

I ended up watching the entire live feed of his first UK gig on Facebook. Norwegian Airlines lost his luggage so the venue got him another keyboard and loop station on the day. I guess he had his laptop on the plane.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Went to see him in Bristol again. Still completely blown away, can't get my head around how good he is, and he literally never has any plan, it's all completely off the cuff. Ridiculous.

Manchester looked completely crazy :lol:

• 2 years later...

I don't (at all!) begrudge him making some cash but the Fitbit ad featuring Rebillet lacks a lot of things. No building of layers. No multitracking self harmony stuff. And so on. Anyway. Wow this thread stopped for a few years.

there's at least a couple of albums on Spotify I think. Pretty much 'recordings of live improv' from what I remember but even those I'm sure are rehearsed plenty really to get the right take.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve read he’s making a “proper” album at the moment.

On 22/01/2019 at 20:10, Colonel Panic said:

I'm so hyped about seeing him tomorrow. My partner is going in blind and I have no idea what she's going to think!!

I was taking the wife along to Bristol back in…Feb (?) and she was in the same boat! Cancelled though.

I had tickets to Bristol, Brussels and Barcelona in a sort of accidental alliteration ticket buying spree.

Yeah he's making an album, and inviting a live audience to try and force himself to actually do it :lol:

I agree with @milko, the ads don't really capture him very well IMO. He's been doing a sort of talk show too which sometimes works OK, sometimes feels a bit forced. This week it's Jack Black and some guy which for some reason I'm not expecting to work great.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CeZeMu1lFrw/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

The Erykah Badu and Reggie Watts one was good though.

Reggie does "the lick" at 54:52 (and other points) 😊

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtR1yVmCCvw&t=2939s

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was so stunned when I saw Edeka, a supermarket chain over here, hired him for a commercial. I don't watch a lot of his stuff but knew him beforehand and at the time just thought, hats off to their marketing department.