Epic Games Store

Bojangle

Yeah, there's no distinction between the two with the launcher. What is a problem is that the store loses all progress on a download if you quit before it finishes, which is frankly absurd (and may be what caught Isaac out, if he quit/shut down before the download had quite finished). 

7 minutes ago, Wiper said:

Yeah, there's no distinction between the two with the launcher. What is a problem is that the store loses all progress on a download if you quit before it finishes, which is frankly absurd (and may be what caught Isaac out, if he quit/shut down before the download had quite finished). 

Pretty sure there is, or mine was broken.

It said that the download had completed, and I went to run Darkstalkers, and then it said "Installing 0%" and I had to wait about 15 minutes for it to install. The download was definitely completed.

On 01/01/2020 at 16:31, Mr. Gerbik said:

Bit weird to end with the old Darksiders games and let that be the last impression you leave people with after putting so much effort into luring folks with free stuff

It would seem Epic have decided to do this until they decide not to do it anymore, a bit like EA with Origin then :)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/527230/For_The_King/

This game is the next one to be free, currently selling for $20. Yet another game I've never heard of and will likely never play. At least virtual tat doesn't take up physical space :)

On 04/01/2020 at 16:02, Isaac said:

Pretty sure there is, or mine was broken.

It said that the download had completed, and I went to run Darkstalkers, and then it said "Installing 0%" and I had to wait about 15 minutes for it to install. The download was definitely completed.

The thing is, in Epic Games Launcher parlance 'installing' means downloading. E.g., I've just started to download Anno 1800 (as I have a working games PC for the first time since November), and it shows as 'installing' even though it's downloading from scratch:

180418163_Anno1800Downloading.png.f7fc29d16df0732b7d89ca07801dd1e3.png

My guess is that in your case something went wrong with your download and it had to restart/repair the installation.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's seemingly "indie games with blocky 3D visuals" week.

Stanley Parable and Watch Dogs are free next. I have no job currently and my chances of changing that have no been improved by that pesky global pandemic. I'll just stay indoor and play free videogames then, I guess?

• 3 weeks later...

The spring sale is now on... nothing leaping out out at me as exceptional value, BUT if you did the tactical ‘end the winter sale with a £10 voucher’ move then now is the time to use it. Game has to be over £13 or so and it makes for some pretty good deals. 

1 hour ago, milko said:

The spring sale is now on... nothing leaping out out at me as exceptional value, BUT if you did the tactical ‘end the winter sale with a £10 voucher’ move then now is the time to use it. Game has to be over £13 or so and it makes for some pretty good deals. 

I've been trying to decide:

Journey to the savage planet

Rebel galaxy outlaw

outward

cardpocalypse

shame the store is so shit to navigate

On 13/03/2020 at 00:03, Liamness said:

I have no job currently and my chances of changing that have no been improved by that pesky global pandemic. I'll just stay indoor and play free videogames then, I guess?

Me neither and agree nightmare at the moment. Thought once Jan had disappeared things would start to pick up a bit.

Anyway this is what I'm doing and trying to clear the backlog a bit... :D

The coupon I have (Holiday 2019) has a minimum spend, and the only game in the sale I fancy, Manifold Garden, is below that because of the sale. It'll be cheaper for me to wait until the sale ends. :lol:

On 03/04/2020 at 14:48, Gabe said:

It's a shame, I have a coupon but there's not really anything there that interests me. Is Far Cry 5 worth a punt for under £3 if the last one I played was 3 and felt a bit drained by?

The minimum price to apply the voucher is £13.99 so you can't use it on Far Cry 5.

@Fry Crayola Oh yes, I realised that after I posted, though the season pass version would fall into the deal. Not sure I care enough about it though.

Is AC: Origins worth playing if I've got (but not yet played) Odyssey? I know the basic structure and stuff will be the same, of course.

Maybe I’m misremembering but didn’t the voucher used to just take £10 off the final price? It now seems to take £10 off the base price then apply the discount from that new price, so things aren’t as cheap as they may seem. 

On 03/04/2020 at 14:48, Gabe said:

It's a shame, I have a coupon but there's not really anything there that interests me. Is Far Cry 5 worth a punt for under £3 if the last one I played was 3 and felt a bit drained by?

4 and 5 don't hit like 3 did, more of the same really.

7 minutes ago, Couch Corpse said:

4 and 5 don't hit like 3 did, more of the same really.

Thanks - I think I've talked myself out of it because I didn't really enjoy 3 in the end. It'll probably be down to Watch Dogs 2 or AC: Origins.

40 minutes ago, Gabe said:

@Fry Crayola Oh yes, I realised that after I posted, though the season pass version would fall into the deal. Not sure I care enough about it though.

Is AC: Origins worth playing if I've got (but not yet played) Odyssey? I know the basic structure and stuff will be the same, of course.

If you have any passion for ancient egypt yes - it is amazing to experience. Just try to limit yourself to the optional collectible/tick box stuff - stick to side quests and main quests and it is good.

1 hour ago, Uzi said:

Tetris Effect for £12 ish with the voucher worth it? I have an Oculus too

It'd be a yes without VR, it's even moreso with. And I don't even like Tetris that much.