Epic Games Store

Bojangle

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it would be rude not to pick up the free games.

Lifeless planet being one of them...I’ve been meaning to give it a go for ages, and early impressions are that it’s great. Just the sort of sci-fi stuff I love. 

It’s a fantastic little game. 

Sort of thing I could see being done as a full on AAA title and given the graphic polish it deserves maybe.

Although don’t change the soundtrack...it’s wonderful.

17 hours ago, JoeK said:

Well, it would be rude not to pick up the free games.

Lifeless planet being one of them...I’ve been meaning to give it a go for ages, and early impressions are that it’s great. Just the sort of sci-fi stuff I love. 

It’s a fantastic little game. 

Sort of thing I could see being done as a full on AAA title and given the graphic polish it deserves maybe.

Although don’t change the soundtrack...it’s wonderful.

Yup really enjoyed this game.  Great little story.

• 3 weeks later...

I've had a quick go and it got pile-of-shamed a little bit, I think it's pretty good but getting going with my HOTAS feels like a faff and I don't want to play on a pad when I've the HOTAS sitting there. Sigh!

4 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Anyone played Rebel Galaxy Outlaw? It looks pretty good and I've got that £10 voucher sat doing nowt.

yep, it is.

though, it can become a bit of a go here then here then here. But the combat is fun!

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Thor said:

Yeah, I've deliberately not activated it on Epic. The risk of it sucking all my time away is too high...

My Wife is taking the kids to her parents in Poland for 10 days..... sooooo in between work and WoW  I think I will indulge a little bit ;)

You know the thing where if you download Rocket League you get £10 of credit? Does anyone know how that will work where several users share a computer?

If my son downloads it on his account, it will already be downloaded when I log in on mine. Does that mean only he gets the £10, or do I get it too?

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, dreamylittledream said:

Elite Dangerous free next week!

Wow nice! Shame I have it already... Nice that Frontier gave me codes for the Oculus and Steam versions too though... Bought it when it was first realised but my internet connections wasn't great back then, well it wasn't really persistent. Damn poweplugs. It kept dropping out of the game.

Anyhow.... I will be trying this. Again. In VR with a HOTAS. Ie: Doing it properly.

• 2 weeks later...

So the Epic Black Friday sale started yesterday and whilst it doesn't seem wildly different from all the others they've had, it doesn't seem anywhere near as enticing without the £10 sweetener previously given. Though even if they did do that this time, I don't think there are even 2 games I'd get to be able to take advantage of it.

• 3 weeks later...

I was going to buy Bugsnax for my 7-year-old, but I watched a video and it looks like the most disturbing thing I've ever seen.  The whole mechanic involves eating cute little googly-eyed critters?  They're half creature, half snack?  Was this game made by psychopaths?

21 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

I was going to buy Bugsnax for my 7-year-old, but I watched a video and it looks like the most disturbing thing I've ever seen.  The whole mechanic involves eating cute little googly-eyed critters?  They're half creature, half snack?  Was this game made by psychopaths?

It looks like some creepy pasta meta shit and I am absolutely down for that.

Just noticed on the free game bit that the blue 'wrapping paper' on the Cities Skylines image has a little city icon on it, amongst the christmas images.

The orange wrapping paper for the mystery game has a little buzzsaw blade icon.

Does this mean the wrapping paper is a clue to the game inside?

What game would a buzzsaw blade represent?  It's revealed at 4pm, so you've got 65 minutes to get your predictions in!  Whoever successfully predicts the game gets a free copy.

It's blatantly the Whirligig Saw, and the cane is the Threaded Cane.

Super secret free PC remaster of Bloodborne confirmed :omg:      ;)

Genuine guess would be Borderlands 3. That has a similar sawblade used on the box cover, and the sale on it ends at 4pm