Epic Games Store

Bojangle

Yeah, this time around it won't let you apply a voucher below the threshold (I know because I tried); either you spend enough to both use your voucher and simulteneously generate a new one, or the voucher isn't used at all.

3 hours ago, BeeJay said:

Ummm, are you buying on another currency. In the UK the voucher cutoff amount is £13.99.

It shouldn't let you use a voucher if you can't get given another.

Something weird is going on.  It looks like I am on the US store but all the prices were shown to me in £'s.  My paypal transaction shows a payment in £'s.  But this is what the voucher page looks like.

586468651_Screenshot2020-12-21at01_03_53.thumb.png.c458baddc369fdc440296ee45d870d44.png

8 hours ago, rafaqat said:

Panic over.  Although it's not showing me any more coupons it's applied one when I've gone to buy Ass Creed.  Bit daft but still.  Ass Creed for a fiver that I'll play on GEForce. Nice.

Yeah, that 'claimed' bit is just to confirm your first voucher.

They responded to that issue to say they're looking into it (Epic version is technically a later build, so it fails a check, which may be a simple patch) and that they're still working on Mother. 

It sounds like the Halo VR mod is taking priority at the moment but that the work from that can go back into Mother. Which is bloody impressive for two wildly different games.

The clue for tomorrow has got to be Metro, so I guess that list circulating was correct. I think the only thing I might go for is Jurassic World Evolution, but I can't say I'd be bothered if I missed it (nor do I even want it - but why not, eh?)

8 minutes ago, Gabe said:

The clue for tomorrow has got to be Metro, so I guess that list circulating was correct. I think the only thing I might go for is Jurassic World Evolution, but I can't say I'd be bothered if I missed it (nor do I even want it - but why not, eh?)

You've played INSIDE, though, right?

RIGHT!?

image.png.5206ccef8caaa414996c092561122677.png

Got my voucher whoopee!

Ooh look THPS 1+2 are on sale, great, with my voucher I'll take a punt at £19.99. Go through to the checkout via the launcher and the store whigs out. Can't do anything but start task manager and kill the launcher.

So literally 30 seconds later I'm back at the store and at the THPS 1+2 page and it's now showing as full price and not in the sale. The fuck?

I know it's been said a million times but man that launcher/store is a total piece of shit. It launches my Nvidia overlay every time I start it, something normally reserved for games only. Suppose it's nice to know it runs at a solid 60fps mind.

I'll try again later via the web browser store and see if it was just a glitch and if it's still on sale or something.

In others...

https://hothardware.com/news/epic-games-shenanigans-with-cpus

I can confirm this is very much true. I've been getting thoroughly upset trying to work out what the fuck was causing my fans to constantly faff about and task manager wasn't turning up anything completely unusual.

But, quitting out of Epic store?

Yup, back to normal.

Very, very strange.

1 hour ago, JoeK said:

Very, very strange.

It's not really though, it it. Epic is just taking all of your informations and posting them to people who will probably pay for them. Now it's been noticed I expect a hotfix and definitely genuine apology will be forthcoming.

22 minutes ago, Lying Cat said:

It's not really though, it it. Epic is just taking all of your informations and posting them to people who will probably pay for them. Now it's been noticed I expect a hotfix and definitely genuine apology will be forthcoming.

Oh, I'm not especially concerned about any sort of information gathering fun, more that what I assumed was just a piece of software that works in the background can cause my fans to start blowing a gale!

Hopefully, it's just some glitch and I can go back to leaving the thing on for them to carry on stealing my hopes and dreams, but for now it's off until I'm playing a game on it.

2 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Seeing as I have probably around a hundred games on Epic and have only paid for Dangerous Driving and nowt else, they're forgiven for this one.

It also helps that Epic is more like a gotta catch 'em all kinda thing for me - I log into the Epic store on a webpage on my phone to claim the free games. Can't remember the last time I fired up the client on my PC. So I didn't notice any problems!

I had my first experience of Epic Store support these last few days, WRC 8 hasn't worked since before Christmas (WRC 9 also didn't work, but the developer has now fixed that one). They responded straight away asking a screenshot, and then pointed me to support for the Developer directly, or offered a refund should I not be happy with that option. 

I bought the game over 2 months ago for £5.99, if the Developer fixes it in the next few days I'll keep it, otherwise I'll claw my £5.99 back - but I'm impressed with the response speed and the offer of a refund outside of the standard 14 day period.