IGNORED

Epic Games Store

Bojangle

Last day for the sale so also last chance to get more £10 off vouchers. I've just bought Art of Rally and Airborne Kingdom. Rimworld is also £18 with the voucher which is the lowest it has ever been I believe (by about £5)

Satisfactory is also a good shout - about £4 lower than its historical low if you factor in the infinite £10 voucher (so £12, instead of £16).

Totally not influenced by having 70 hours of playtime on it after about a week :coffee:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm trying to login to Epic through Launchbox, and I'm getting a ridiculous captcha where you have to select 10 sets of dice that add up to 14. I've done it twice, and each time it spins with a 'please wait' message and never stops. 

What is this madness? It's the most ridicluous captcha I've ever seen. 

• 1 month later...

Interesting insight into what it costs for Epic to give away a game each week.  $11.7 million for the first 9 months. Some big costs like Subnautica, Mutant Year Zero and Batman Arkham.

Interesting to see it broken down as number of new EPIC accounts per game and therefore the unit cost of each new account.

12 minutes ago, thesnwmn said:

At a guess it's relatively new compared to many on the list.

Also an experienced publisher so they likely played hardball with Epic in negotiations. A lot of the indie devs in that list have gotten pocket change, comparatively speaking. The lower the UA cost for Epic, the shitter deal the dev got. 

Yeah, people seemed to think Epic paid piles of money for stuff, but they really, really didn't. It probably also gives a point of reference for how much MS might need to pay for getting games on Game Pass - not a lot, it would suggest. 

29 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Yeah, people seemed to think Epic paid piles of money for stuff, but they really, really didn't. It probably also gives a point of reference for how much MS might need to pay for getting games on Game Pass - not a lot, it would suggest. 

I think Mutant Year Zero is a good example of a game that had the experience of game pass before the epic deal. I'm pretty sure it came to game pass on release or very close to it and then later to epic.

3 hours ago, RubberJohnny said:

Those prices are honestly a lot lower than I expected, 9 months of free games for less than half of the cost of making an AA game like the Outer Worlds?

Most of that is ancient though so would only be making a fraction back in Steam sales. A more interesting one would be whatever the total war game was that launched for free for a day or so last year.

• 2 weeks later...