IGNORED

Epic Games Store

Bojangle

2 hours ago, cavalcade said:

It's OK. It feels a bit like marking an undergraduate essay at times where they were told to write 1500 words on a topic and ran out of things to say at about 1200. 

Agreed, too  much waffle, and not enough dective-ing!  It had some properly LOL moments though. 

2 hours ago, Benny said:

Huntdown at that price is worse than robbery. Taking bread from those developers' mouths.

Hide contents

What I'm saying is you should buy it.

It’s taking epic’s money and giving it to the devs - they cover the voucher :) 

It's a shame I bought Disco Elysium for PS4/5 when it came out last month, before I got my PC. I've barely had a chance to play it yet and now could get it cheaper on a more suitable format.

Still, I bought the Griftlands early access for a fiver with the coupon and have spent the afternoon playing that. Love it already.

Actually, is there a thread here for keeping track of early access games? It would be useful to know what else to look out for. 

15 minutes ago, BadgerFarmer said:

Actually, is there a thread here for keeping track of early access games? It would be useful to know what else to look out for. 

Has anyone played Phantom Brigade? Looks like a cool mecha games with Frozen Synapse style mechanics. Just a bit too expensive to buy without some solid impressions though. 

1 hour ago, Jamie John said:

I'm tempted by Grindstone but it seems more like a handheld game that will be better suited to Switch. Same for Huntdown, although I imagine that will end up on Game Pass at some point.

Grindstone is very obviously ported from a touchscreen, but it works pretty well despite that. Dunno, not an unreserved recommendation exactly but well worth the hardly any money.

Fine! I've bought it, happy now? 😠

I suppose if I end up really liking it I can just get it again on Switch. Is it likely to ever get an Android release, or is that forbidden forever since it was on Apple Arcade?

10 hours ago, Sabreman said:

I was pretty addicted to Grindstone on Apple Arcade. I'm pretty averse to actually buying anything on Epic, but for the £4.06 is cost me with this wacky voucher deal it's a real no-brainer.

Amazing how they get people to overcome their aversions by investing a few billion in no brainer deals. 

On 22/05/2021 at 16:49, Count Buffalos said:

Has anyone played Phantom Brigade? Looks like a cool mecha games with Frozen Synapse style mechanics. Just a bit too expensive to buy without some solid impressions though. 

I've been waiting for the release of this for ages, looks decent from this gameplay video:

I'll probably pick it up when I get home.

On 21/05/2021 at 16:40, Wiper said:

Oh shit, I didn't realise Grindstone was made by Capybara Studios - best known for Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery and Super Time Force, but who should actually be best known for the incredible Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes, aka. quietly one of the best single-player puzzle games I've played (and also among the odder spin-off concepts for a series that I can think of).

What I'm saying is, Grindstone is getting bought.

More importantly - Critter Crunch.

• 4 weeks later...

You recently placed orders from the Epic Games Store. The price of the game(s) you purchased were recently lowered, so we are issuing partial refunds for the difference(s). 

Epic store is great. I bought Hitman3 a few days ago and today I got a £5 refund 🙂

On 21/05/2021 at 16:40, Wiper said:

one of the best single-player puzzle games

It really is, drilled hours on it on the DS. It's got some idol game elements and a bit of Puzzle Fighter's setting up moves via timers.

Would love to get Grindstone and Huntdown, but realistically wouldn't get to play them much on PC, has anyone tried them on Switch, is the performance/experience good etc.?

Oh, and Loop Hero is also well worth 5 bucks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Epic Games Achievements Are Launching Next Week

We’re excited to announce the initial rollout of the Epic Achievements system is on its way, including a set of tools for developers to activate platform Achievements quickly and easily. That means that starting next week, you can begin collecting XP by earning Epic Achievements in select games.

Over the last year, we’ve worked closely with some of our development partners to bring Epic Achievements to life. Thanks to their help, once we launch, you can start racking up XP in these games: Rocket League, Hades, Pillars of Eternity, Kena,  Zombie Army 4, Alan Wake Remastered, and more. We’re working to get these tools to more developers, so you can expect to see Epic Achievements popping up in your favorite games later this year.

How do XP and Epic Achievements work?

Epic Achievements are sorted into four tiers based on their XP value, with the Platinum Achievement being awarded upon earning 1000 XP in a game. Here are the Epic Achievement tiers and the amount of additional XP you get for the Achievement: 

Bronze = 5-45 XP

Silver = 50-95 XP

Gold = 100-200 XP     

Platinum = 250 XP

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/news/epic-games-achievements-are-launching-next-week

Bit of a halfway house there, like they couldn't decide whether to copy PS or XBox, and ended up with a mishmash of both. The 1000 per game limit would seem to rule out a simple port over of the Steam achievements as I think that is just a free for all, isn't it?

Still, nice to see. I'm not a big trophy head by any means, but it's a nice way of judging progression in a game.

31 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Weren't achievements one of the things the Epic store wasn't going to tarnish itself with originally?

I wonder much little money it continues to take outside of Fortnite (and when that bubble will burst)? 

The only reason I used Epic are for some of the free games they offer on a monthly basis. I don't really care for achievements as I don't have time to be an achievement hunter.

I don't care for achievements on any platform either, but I just remember it being one of the things they weren't going to do to (along with user reviews and forums and sales with deep discounts) because that represented the bad way of doing things (a la Steam), and yet here we are. 

Have they even got a shopping cart yet or do you still have to buy everything individually? 

• 2 weeks later...