IGNORED

Epic Games Store

Bojangle

17 minutes ago, spanx said:

Vampyr worth a shot then. Seems quite middling reviews wise but I do love a good 3rd person adventure, assuming it’s not a Soulslike difficulty bastard

There are a couple of awful boss fights in there, but it's generally not too difficult from memory.

17 hours ago, Gabe said:

Ha, well I am wildly out of step with much of the forum faves (I don't like Dark Souls, Nintendo or Yakuza are some of the biggies). But no, can't stand stealthy/survival based stuff, which I think Prey has a fair share of? Besides, if I were interested I would've played it via Game Pass by now.

I mean yes... but also no.

You could totally play Prey not like that, by choosing abilities differently etc. And it's certainly the least like that of any of Arkane's games.

But also kinda yeah I see.

On 16/12/2021 at 10:57, TehStu said:

So, the Epic Store "finally has a shopping cart", but that's made the free game process more clunky, unless I'm missing something. It wouldn't let me just one-click Get on Shenmue, I had to add it to my cart, view the cart, and then check out. Unless the original get button was b0rked because freeloaders* like me were freeloading.

This is fixed by the way, the Get button is now a one-click order as before. Maybe demand for Shenmue made it go wonky,

1 hour ago, Corrogate said:

It wasn't even a joke. Edit: It's the same IP.

Yeah...sort of.

The original Prey was a middling FPS where you played a native American battling against aliens.

The newer Prey has literally nothing to do with that whatsoever apart from having the same name.

Here's a list of what has been given away previously, it's marginally out of date, but has everything upto the 23rd. Control was given away this Summer.

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/epic-games-store-free-games-list/

Some people bitching about the fact this isn't the UE version, but hey, if people really want the DLC, they could always pay £4.79 to add it to the free base game, or buy the UE version elsewhere if that's too much capitulation.

Fucking hell, I'm assuming that the store is getting somewhat of a hammering at the moment, as it's crashing all over the place. The sad thing is that I suspect what equals a hammering for them is a sodding trifle for something like Steam, that rarely goes as loopy as this is at the moment. It's pretty rubbish really.

1 hour ago, JoeK said:

Fucking hell, I'm assuming that the store is getting somewhat of a hammering at the moment, as it's crashing all over the place. The sad thing is that I suspect what equals a hammering for them is a sodding trifle for something like Steam, that rarely goes as loopy as this is at the moment. It's pretty rubbish really.

Given Steam collapsed when they put up pre-orders for their handheld that seems like a strange assumption to make.