IGNORED

Epic Games Store

Bojangle

3 minutes ago, Halo said:

Given Steam collapsed when they put up pre-orders for their handheld that seems like a strange assumption to make.

I think the volume differences would be pretty colossal between them really. I have no idea how much traffic Epic store gets, but I'd imagine for those initial days of the Steamdeck going up were significantly higher?

3 minutes ago, JoeK said:

I think the volume differences would be pretty colossal between them really. I have no idea how much traffic Epic store gets, but I'd imagine for those initial days of the Steamdeck going up were significantly higher?

I think you underestimate the internets desire for free stuff

Same thing happened when GTAV was free

1 minute ago, dreamylittledream said:

I think you underestimate the internets desire for free stuff

Same thing happened when GTAV was free

You may well be right. I will defend the right to call the Epic store a huge pile of wank though. 

I'm not entirely sure what a pile of wank actually is, but it feels like the Epic store is its definition.

The only two times their store servers fell over from DDOS were the first and last day of the giveaway, though I assume the allure of Shenmue 3 for free wasn't entirely responsible for why it was unusable that time, unlike today, where I'm entirely sure the allure of 3 top shelf games for free has created a feeding frenzy, despite the games being available for an entire week...

• 3 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Siri said:

FYI: This week's free game is Relicta, a first person puzzle game. Here's the steam page.

Next week is Daemon X Machina (Steam Page). Considering that the lowest it's been on sale is £24.99 on Steam, that's a great get. I should know, I bought it on Steam in September at that price and I still haven't played the fucking thing. huff.

I feel like there may be a lesson to be learned here.

• 2 months later...

Insurmountable is free at the moment. A game that has been on my wishlist for a while. I'd definitely recommend giving it a go. It is an interesting genre mix of puzzle and turn-based tactics, with a roguelite wrapper.

• 1 month later...

I quite fancy playing Final Fantasy VII Remake eventually, so figured the PC version would do the job a bit better than my aging PS4.

But I notice that, even with 30% off in the current sale, and another 25% off voucher added to that, it's still nearly £40.

Fuck off Squeenix :lol:

3 hours ago, Benny said:

I quite fancy playing Final Fantasy VII Remake eventually, so figured the PC version would do the job a bit better than my aging PS4.

But I notice that, even with 30% off in the current sale, and another 25% off voucher added to that, it's still nearly £40.

Fuck off Squeenix :lol:

Move to turkey and it hurts less. In fact only about £18 of pain. That would be my way of telling squeenix to do one