rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
jon_cybernet

Club Ubisoft points expiring April 1st 2019

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-12-04-those-ubisoft-club-points-youve-been-accumulating-for-the-last-ten-years-will-soon-expire

So Ubisoft have decided to start expiring their Ubisoft Club points after 2 years, meaning that all your carefully horded points that are older than than that will be wiped out on April 1st, 2019. I think you have until March 2019 to spend any points that are due to expire. 

You can see how many points you’ll lose here: https://welcome.club.ubisoft.com/en-US/units

Is this a travesty, or a shoulder shrug for people? 

Personally, I’m going to lose over 900 points according the link above, but I can’t really find anything to spend them on (which is why I have over 1600 points in the first place). 

Your thoughts? 

• Upvote 2

I kind of like the nonsense frippery bullshit they offer. I've got my free tracks for rocksmith, my female assassin crew in Odyssey. It's, y'know, 'nice'.

• Upvote 1

I did use Ubisoft points to get some cool guns in Ghost Recon Wildlands. I’ll probably splurge my expiring points on a load of stuff for that game in the absence of anything else. 

Thanks for the heads up. 

Maybe I should just spend it all on temporary XP and Drachma boosts in Odyssey, but it seems a bit pointless. 700 to go!

The only time I tend to use them is to get the 20% discount on games, which is surprisingly good if you time it right!

It's quite useful if you're not very good at games. Points got me a better car in The Crew, weapons better than you'd normally get from natural progression in AC, etc. Problem is, 250 of my 450 will expire and I've nothing currently of use to spend it on. I'll have to go on a binge if one of the newer AC games goes up on sale.

Not the the of the world, just mildly annoying. I guess the bean clusters don't want all those % off discounts sitting out there unclaimed indefinitely?

Just now, TehStu said:

It's quite useful if you're not very good at games. Points got me a better car in The Crew, weapons better than you'd normally get from natural progression in AC, etc. Problem is, 250 of my 450 will expire and I've nothing currently of use to spend it on. I'll have to go on a binge if one of the newer AC games goes up on sale.

Not the the of the world, just mildly annoying. I guess the bean clusters don't want all those % off discounts sitting out there unclaimed indefinitely?

Stu, you need to sort your auto-correct out man.

Just now, moosegrinder said:

Stu, you need to sort your auto-correct out man.

Jesus, it's awful. And that's after I edited a typo.

If anyone wants a 20% discount code send me a pm, I have one I can't use.

Edit added to the post below.

I bought elephant paint for Far Cry 4 eons ago. I have to admit, I always liked this approach.

I thought I would use it for AC Odyssey but £8.99 delivery! Yeah, forget that!

The code is below if anyone wants to use it

Spoiler

CLUB-IYSA-WNMB-Q9HX-MGD3

All going on Division 2 in-game tat for me just before they expire. Or I'll more likely forget.

2 minutes ago, Len said:

All going on Division 2 in-game tat for me just before they expire. Or I'll more likely forget.

I've spent all of mine on in-game for AC Odyssey. Will pick up the game over xmas.

• Upvote 1