Mortal Kombat 11 | April 23rd 2019

I haven't played this in a really long time |(since around when Terminator dropped).  At that time, I pretty much finished the Krypt and unlocked most of the items.

Has there been any update to the Krypt in terms of new areas and things to unlock since then?

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/05/2020 at 10:39, iknowgungfu said:

What's this like on Switch? Worth the hit in aesthetics? I have a PS4 but more likely to okay it on Switch. I haven't played an MK game in ages.

Gameplay wise, from the small amount I’ve played, is identical, but naturally it’s a bit blurry compared to the PS4 version. But it seems a decent port to me.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Picked up the MK11 Ultimate DLC and upgraded to the PS5 version. The loading time improvements are very nice and there a few PS5 specific features, like using the Activity Cards to load straight into a certain mode (AI Battles, online fights etc). After a fight you can give the other player an Accolade for being a Helpful, Welcoming or a Good Sport.

It doesn't look massively better than it did on PS4 (Pro) but it was already a fantastic looking game. The Krushing Blows and Fatalities still appear to be 30fps, as do background elements like the sea of blood or the acid in the Dead Pool.  Not a big deal but it would have been nice to smooth 'em out.

It doesn't use the save data from the PS4 version however it will download your data from the server so your level and Krypt unlocks will be intact. A load or trophies pop automatically if you enter the appropriate mode though some you still have to go through the motions with. You have to play and win the last fight of Story Mode again to pop the trophies, and play one Towerof Time to get the Trophy for playing 250 of them or whatever it was. 

I played for a couple of hours yesterday and got 72% of the trophies to unlock. The tedious ones that still need to be done again are 50 Kasual fights online, 100 Brutalities, perform 2 different Fatalities with each character of the base cast and complete a Klassic tower with 10 different characters. Maybe a couple of others with the AI Battles/King of the Hill modes. I might use the grind for the final trophies as a reason to try PS5's Remote Play while working from Home.

Anyway it's a nice package and Rambo is in it.

Just a FYI Apparently the PS4 version of Ultimate has all the DLC on disc, while the PS5 is the base version with the DLC on codes

As the upgrade is free, might be better to grab the PS4 version in this instance.

They need to get JCVD in here just for the Johnny Cage pre fight banter.

I'm playing the King of the Hill mode in this for the trophy and other player's voice chat is coming through the DualSense speaker. I quit out to the main menu of the game and disabled it but it's still the same. I dunno if there's something I'm overlooking?

9 hours ago, joffocakes said:

I'm playing the King of the Hill mode in this for the trophy and other player's voice chat is coming through the DualSense speaker. I quit out to the main menu of the game and disabled it but it's still the same. I dunno if there's something I'm overlooking?

You should be able to disable the controller speaker in the UI.

Push Home button > Sound > Turn Down Controller Speaker

• 4 weeks later...