rllmuk
Revival

Mortal Kombat 11 | April 23rd 2019

13 hours ago, Vemsie said:

He is also the host of the Krypt and played by Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa.

When it says "pre-order today", I wonder how close to launch you can pre order and still get Shang Tsung? Day before? Planning on getting the Premium edition, but want to use Microsoft Rewards to knock as much off as possible...

3 hours ago, ScouserInExile said:

When it says "pre-order today", I wonder how close to launch you can pre order and still get Shang Tsung? Day before? Planning on getting the Premium edition, but want to use Microsoft Rewards to knock as much off as possible...

Shang Tsung isn't a pre-order character, he's the first normal DLC character. :)
Shao Khan is the pre-order character.

Liu Kang and Kung Lao look ridiculously fun and cool to play. I feel sorry for Jax as he doesn't look too bad, he just suffers from being shown straight after the Shaolin Lads.

• Upvote 1

I'm actually sold, vowed I wouldn't buy another fighting game this year but man that trailer was the best thing ever! From the gameplay it looks like they've packed a crazy amount of stuff in there - also looks a lot more fluid than MK10 too. 

I've been avoiding gameplay videos and the like for this, I kinda don't want anything spoiled. I've been really impressed by all the NetherRealm games so far, so MK11 was never going to be anything other than day one for me.

I'm not really much of a fighting game player, Street Fighter, Tekken, Virtua Fighter and the like just don't do anything for me. I think they've reached a point where they're too complicated for my brain to cope with. Which is why I was sucked in by Injustice - it was simple enough for me to get into, but with just enough complexity to keep me interested. Having things like boosted special moves (that's ex moves, right?) and the super special stuff really easy to do somewhat levels the playing field for no thumbed gibbons like me.

18 hours ago, teddymeow said:

Has there been any Switch footage yet?

Its being shown at Pax but no filming allowed. Discussed here and apparently its looking good:

Here's a good (though old; from the reveal announcements) Twitter thread demonstrating how much the animations have improved since MKX.

It's a great Twitter account to follow for game art and animation in general too.

• Upvote 1

I got the beta code, redeemed it on my PS4 successfully. The download didn’t start - I think as it was doing a software update first - and now I cant find the beta anywhere in my library or queue to download. The psn store says my code has already been redeemed.

Anyone know how to find it?

Never mind, I have to go. Into the store to Download it separately. Odd. Is it open to everyone, then?

20 hours ago, Strafe said:

Never mind, I have to go. Into the store to Download it separately. Odd. Is it open to everyone, then?

Nope, not unless you've redeemed a code.

It's a great looking game, the HDR is spot on. It's so colourful and reminscent of MK2 compared to the dark browns of X. Feels great to play, I love Scorpion's chain variation. Roll on the full game !

• Upvote 1

if you have any interest in fighters whatsoever this is an absolute no brainer, no pun intended.

The characters just feel alive and the engine is just utterly superb, the presentation is absolutely incredible and  for the time ive spent on it I cannot recommend this enough, and cant wait for the full game.

4 hours ago, Dave White said:

if you have any interest in fighters whatsoever this is an absolute no brainer, no pun intended.

The characters just feel alive and the engine is just utterly superb, the presentation is absolutely incredible and  for the time ive spent on it I cannot recommend this enough, and cant wait for the full game.

What really strikes me is how fun so many of the characters are looking so far. I really want to play Skarlet but then I really want to play Johnny but I also want to play Cassie but Kotal looks fantastic too and Jacqui looks boss but now they've shown Liu Kang and he looks amazing and holy fuck Kung Lao and the Great Kung Lao and JFC this is pretty much everything I've wanted in a fighting game for a long time now.

• Upvote 2

Are there different body types, heights weights in this or are do they all just use a default male and female size?

Err not sure. In the demo most of the men look the same size and the women too. That might not answer your question.

23 hours ago, Dave White said:

Played the beta and I totally agree. Haven't played a fighting game in ages, so I'm rusty as fuck but the game is great fun and ridiculously gorgeous.

2 hours ago, MattKB said:

Err not sure. In the demo most of the men look the same size and the women too. That might not answer your question.

Just wondering as I hate it when they just use a cut and paste body style. They all end up looking the same with different heads and different outfits.

They're not cut and paste; each is a unique model and there doesn't seem to be much recycling of animation either. Models varied quite a bit in MKX's roster so I expect this one to have similar diversity.