Mortal Kombat 11 | April 23rd 2019

Revival

I agree. It’s superb. Only had a few fights online but been through the tower a few times and am looking forward to playing more. It’s really slick. But wow, it is violent. Really violent. I know this isn’t a new thing for Mortal Kombat, maybe it’s the graphics getting better but... wow. Violent. 

17 minutes ago, ScouserInExile said:

On this. I've only watches couple of gameplay videos, because I want to keep it a a surprise. I've noticed a lot more of the moves have x-ray type animations. Doesn't that break up the flow of the fights?

No, because Krushing Blows have specific demands and they're really short. Not nearly as elaborate as the X-rays of old.

7 minutes ago, Joystick Chevron said:

Yes, isn't Liu Kang's something like use three bicycle kicks in a row and requires you to burn a lot of meter in the process?

Something like that from what I remember from the Kombat Kast. I manged to do a few Krushing Blows in the beta by accident, I have no idea what the requirements were. :)

Here you go, there were some articles about them a while back.

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2019/jan/17/mortal-kombat-11s-crushing-blows-are-more-conditional-version-street-fighter-5s-crush-counters/

https://www.twingalaxies.com/feed_details.php/4321/mortal-kombat-11-dev-talks-crushing-blows-character-choices-and-more

They can only be performed once per match, so there's a degree of 'do I really want to use it now' or save it till later/you're more desperate.

Are there any decent wireless fightpad-style controllers for the Xboxones? 

I've played a reasonable amount of XL on the Xboxone but I'm not sure about what platform to get this for. 

Preordering this today. Have ground away at Microsoft Rewards to bring the price of the ultimate super special edition down from a "I'm not sure I can justify that" £80, to a perfectly reasonable £45.

Can't remember being this excited about a game for a good while. Bring on the 23rd!

Some folks have got preview copies or something so Frost has finally been seen (she is unlocked after Chapter 4, I think it said). She looks...cool.

Shao Kahn’s fatality is gross, and exceedingly brutal. He smacks the poor shmuck in the face with his hammer so hard that their head and spine go shooting out their arse. The look on poor Sub-Zero’s face kinda mirrored my own. Speaking of hammers, Shao Kahn has 30 skin variations for it, so it’s looking good on the custo- sorry, kustomisation front.

The presentation in this is glorious. I've been playing a fair bit of MKXL recently to get ready for 11 and it's a noticable leap even at a glance.

Here's the first official Switch trailer. Pared down of course but still looking good. Not gonna sway me from PS4 but maybe I'll pick it up later if it goes on sale.