The Outer Worlds | Obsidian 2019

Revival

14 minutes ago, CovisGod said:

Has anyone played since the patch came out? Is it noticeably better?

Yep. It still looks rough, but it’s much better to play. Oddly, the small change of adding depth of field blur to the background when you’re talking to someone makes a huge difference. I can’t quite put my finger on why.

• 2 months later...

Got this on PS4 for Xmas 2019 and just started it this Xmas. Really enjoying it. I've never played the Fallout games but I'm guessing this is similar in mechanics, if not setting.

Looks lovely on PS4 pro (even at 1080p), hell, I've played about 25% of it via PSTV at 720p or less and it still looks great.

15 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Has anyone played the DLC? I think there’s two packs supposedly coming, and only one is out at the moment. I was kind of sick of this by the end, but am wondering if the DLC adds anything different. 

Nope, still on the main game, on PC. From what I read the DLC disappointed some reviewers. 

I hope the Series S|X patch drops soon... don't want to play it at 30fps on console but prefer to play it over there ultimately. 

• 4 weeks later...

Started this on a base PS4 yesterday after getting it at xmas.

Didn't realise the game was all about loading, loading and more fucking loading.

I love the Fallouts and Elder Scrolls but this is all a bit dull in between the all the loading.

No overly memorable characters and I've actually forgotten why the guy woke me up and what the point of my main mission is.

Side quests are a bit simple too.

Played about 10-11 hours so far, will give it a bit more and see how it goes.

1 minute ago, memories said:

Started this on a base PS4 yesterday after getting it at xmas.

Didn't realise the game was all about loading, loading and more fucking loading.

I love the Fallouts and Elder Scrolls but this is all a bit dull in between the all the loading.

No overly memorable characters and I've actually forgotten why the guy woke me up and what the point of my main mission is.

Side quests are a bit simple too.

Played about 10-11 hours so far, will give it a bit more and see how it goes.

Fwiw, if you're willing to wait until you get a PS5 you can experience the game without loading.

As good as that sounds PS5 is a way off for me even if they were in stock.

I think the loading stuff is really impacting the game for me sadly.

Been mainly playing Switch stuff which is pretty quick and the last PS4 game I played was LoU2 which was doing some voodoo magic with its loading.

Wrapped this up last night.

After I made peace with the loading situation, have a phone handy to read stuff would by my advice, I quite enjoyed it.

I went with Welles in the end and got what I would say was a happy ending.

Enjoyed doing the companion quests the most I think, wrapped up 4 of the 6.

Only one bugged quest as well, the science weapon one. A card thing that is on a enemy that didn't appear as far as I can tell.

• 1 month later...

I tried this when it first came out and it really didn't do much for me. After reading about the improvements, I have retried it on the Series X. With the better framerate and the auto HDR it's greatly improved. The loading is crazy fast too and makes for a much better experience. 

Once you get going with this, it's VERY Borderlands. I don't mind that though as it's been a while since I played Borderlands (last one I played was the 2nd game) and after trying Fallout 4 I decided I needed something far less involving. This fits the bill nicely and I can play it in nice manageable chunks without it taking over my life. 

Does anyone have thoughts on the DLC? Haven't played either but the new one sounds intriguing.

I shouldn't rush for it because Monster Hunter on Friday, but I did really enjoy my time with the base game. It just seemed to leave my brain the moment the credits rolled.

• 5 months later...

Help!

I am currently trying to complete the Radio Free Monarch quest and can’t get back into Stellar Bay. Both doors say they are sealed. I need to speak to Phineas but don’t seem to be able to get off Monarch. I’m assuming the landing bay is in Stellar Bay. 

Anyone know what I’m doing wrong?