IGNORED

The Outer Worlds | Obsidian 2019

Revival

20 minutes ago, ravnaz said:

Where are folks pre-ordering this from at this point?

(and more importantly, where is likely to deliver a day early?)

I’m going to do Simply Games they’ve always served me well in the past. Loving the reviews, even the negative EG review as it seems the reviewer takes umbrage that the game is a game and not a breakthrough existential experience or something. 

If it's indeed that good and gets its deserved sequel, Microsoft made a genius move buying up Obsidian - they instantly have a very interesting exclusive on their hands. One which also add some nice variety from the typical Halo and Gears you'd normally associate MS with. And it would also fill a void since Bethesda's games seem to be transforming more into generic sandbox action games rather than the RPGs they used to make. And EA sure as shit ain't interested in making more Mass Effect. This sounds exactly like the kind of game I love long time! Excited!

4 minutes ago, Minion said:

I’m going to do Simply Games they’ve always served me well in the past. Loving the reviews, even the negative EG review as it seems the reviewer takes umbrage that the game is a game and not a breakthrough existential experience or something. 

Excellent.  Thanks - done the same.

11 minutes ago, Thor said:

Can someone tell me just what the fuck yeet is supposed to mean in the context of "yeet the rich" from that Polygon tweet? A cursory Google tells me it's like an exclamation mark. Er... 

I think it's a result of the 30-somethings at Polygon trying to be down with the kids.

16 minutes ago, Thor said:

Can someone tell me just what the fuck yeet is supposed to mean in the context of "yeet the rich" from that Polygon tweet? A cursory Google tells me it's like an exclamation mark. Er... 

To throw something forcefully.

Red Dead 2's controls make me want to yeet my pad out the window.

The Eurogamer review just made me all the more interested in the game. It makes a big point of your character being forgettable, not being 'the chosen one' as in most games. Well that's fine, that idea has been done to death. Douglas Quaid was only a construction worker after all ^_^

Right I’m in,

I’ve not had game pass in over a year and don’t have an active Live subscription, haven’t turned my Xbox One on in years, I plan on playing this on the PC, is it going to be cheaper for me to buy this directly on the PC or hash something together with Game Pass and play on the PC?

apologies for the noob questions,

This looks really, really good. Obviously from when I first read up on it I thought, wow, New Vegas in Space, but watching some of the footage on that review it really does look like an old friend that I really didn’t expect to be visiting. Can’t wait to give this a go.