Dangerous Driving - it's Burnout! Out Now. "brake a little earlier than you were thinking of, stay on the gas and steer!"

wev

Isn't it just that the camera angle is too low for you to see what's coming very well (is this for draw distance reasons or something)? Such a thing will always affect visibility and I don't know why racing game devs do this on occasion!

20 minutes ago, Thor said:

I think that's being harsh on some devs/dev teams. 

I don't intend to disparage any teams - least of all those whose games I haven't even played!

Time and money are always factors in development, however, and no team has an infinite source of either. High fidelity graphics will cost more of both, so something's gonna give if that's where you place your focus. 

55 minutes ago, Eighthours said:

Isn't it just that the camera angle is too low for you to see what's coming very well (is this for draw distance reasons or something)? Such a thing will always affect visibility and I don't know why racing game devs do this on occasion!

This has always been an issue for me, racing games where the view is too low and you can't see ahead of the car. Trackmania had a great just-above-the-car view that was essentially for a game where crashing was an inevitability. Bonnet-cam was always the best. 

1 hour ago, Eighthours said:

Broadly to increase the sense of speed.

• 9 months later...
On 06/03/2020 at 12:29, Ninja Doctor said:

That was my problem with it too, the camera being too low for my old man eyes. I might give it another spin once I get a series X at some point. 

True to my word since I got a Series S I figured I'd give it another go. Last time I never got out of the Sedan class. Well this time I not only won both races on my first attempt I managed a heatwave chain of 14. Have you guys made it easier since the initial release?

Maybe it's as I'm now playing on a 1080p telly rather than my old crappy 720p from 2010.

6 hours ago, Ninja Doctor said:

Maybe it's as I'm now playing on a 1080p telly rather than my old crappy 720p from 2010.

If it's a television with a high amount of lag, then that could definitely be a huge factor. You should try other fast reaction games, if there's a difference then you know itwas the input lag.

Go beat all your old high scores!

• 10 months later...

Just a heads up for anyone that wants a fun arcade racer this is currently on the PlayStation store for £6.24! So I've just bought it a second time around for the PlayStation this time! :D (it was trapped on Xbox account in digital format and don't have an Xbox console to play it on!).

Ran at a full 60fps on PS4 Pro/Xbox One X so I expect it will do so on the new hardware too. I'll be having a blast tonight along with more Horizon Chase Turbo!