Dangerous Driving - it's Burnout! Out Now. "brake a little earlier than you were thinking of, stay on the gas and steer!"

wev

@Thor but when you're playing those modes that are suspiciously like the ones found in Burnout 2, there aren't any takedowns. But hey, if you want to tell everyone how B2 is 'the best one' then I'm right next to you buddy....(but did you ever play the 'secret version' ?)

@Stavi @wev @moosegrinder thanks for the support - we're finalling it right now so your support is very encouraging...

ps - it's not really a trailer, and it's already way out of date - it was merely just video we had to make in order to get the Store pages created. there are so many fancy trailers around these days - we don't have the time and money to  spend on them.

It's a nod to the past but also a big step to the future - some fun improvements in each mode and the different cars you unlock are good at different things e.g one is better at chaining boost - it earns it quicker and uses it quicker, but another is better at raging - it hits harder and takes less damage. another is way faster yet also way more fragile...

@gossi the dog Yes there is. It's being handled by the folks at Maximum Games.

@wev you nearly brought a tear to my eye with that one you're not supposed to understand us, you're just not!...you should see the game running with the final HUD and everything. i had so many great crashes recorded but didn't use 99.9% of them due to either debug text on the screen, or the res was wrong or something like that. Anyway, real players don't crash right?

a lot of things still under wraps that longtime fans of the genre will get a kick out of.

53 minutes ago, CrashedAlex said:

@Thor but when you're playing those modes that are suspiciously like the ones found in Burnout 2, there aren't any takedowns. But hey, if you want to tell everyone how B2 is 'the best one' then I'm right next to you buddy....(but did you ever play the 'secret version' ?)

Secret version? Wait ... what??

And yes, for me B2 was the pinnacle; basically burnout in its purest form. :)  

I had no idea the "trailer" was old. I spotted it on Eurogamer yesterday and could see it wasn't posted here.

I'm excited about this. I'm not usually a massive fan of straight racing games but I always liked arcade racers. Burnout 2 is one I'd count as one of my favourite games ever. I'd finished university at the time and was out of work - I ended up spending a lot of late nights playing certain courses over and over. I pretty much perfected the airport terminal tracks. 

I've still never played the original Burnout - I vaguely remember reading about it when it was in development and really liking the look of it (wasn't it in development for PS1 at one point, or did I imagine that?), but I was skint when it came out.

Day 1!

Burnout 2 was awesome, my favorite but Burnout 3 was great too. After that point it kinda dropped the numbers and certain games were only available on certain systems and i lost track of it.

Burnout 2's Crash Mode provided many, many nights of entertainment for me and my friends - thanks for that =)

What's this secret version 0.0

11 hours ago, Monkeyspill said:

I've still never played the original Burnout - I vaguely remember reading about it when it was in development and really liking the look of it (wasn't it in development for PS1 at one point, or did I imagine that?), but I was skint when it came out.

There‘s a PS1 racing game called Burn Out(not sure if it was released outside of Japan). Maybe you were thinking of that? ;)

On 08/01/2019 at 23:42, K said:

On the music thing, given that both consoles have Spotify integration, a licensed or bespoke soundtrack is not really that necessary given that the first thing I do in almost any racing game is to turn off whatever godawful music they've stuck in there and put something I like on instead. Wipeout Omega sounds weird with the actual soundtrack, as did Hot Pursuit.

Correct me if I'm wrong (I don't have Spotify) but custom soundtracks have changed since the PS3 days, right?

Back then if you set a custom soundtrack in Wipeout HD or GT5, the game would play that music in place of it's own music. It would stop playing when you were in menus etc and start again for gameplay.

On the PS4 doesn't the music just play all the time, the same as if you stuck a CD player next to your TV? That's bobbins.

• 1 month later...

Ah great stuff I'll be buying this! :) Not sure which version to get yet mind... no mention of Switch version so guessing no plans at the moment. The Switch is in dire need of a game like this.... although not sure of the feasibility of it both technically and the market conditions....