Avengers: Endgame (April 2019) - no spoilers please

4 minutes ago, LeighCb said:

Me and my gf have tickets booked for Monday night and I have managed to avoid spoilers so far.  

We have been trying to watch everything over the past few weeks and before we go we have time to watch either;

Antman & the Wasp

Captain America 2

or Captain America 3

Which one should we watch? 

Spoiler

Ant-Man & the Wasp if you haven't seen it.

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

https://deadline.com/2019/04/avengersendgame-spoiler-man-beaten-hong-kong-joe-anthony-russo-1202603232/

Some guy in Hong Kong got beaten up for shouting spoilers at people queuing to see the movie.

My workmate went to a Thursday evening showing and early in the film some kid opened the door to the auditorium and shouted : (major spoiler) 

Spoiler

Iron Man dies! 

40 minutes ago, LeighCb said:

Me and my gf have tickets booked for Monday night and I have managed to avoid spoilers so far.  

We have been trying to watch everything over the past few weeks and before we go we have time to watch either;

Antman & the Wasp

Captain America 2

or Captain America 3

Which one should we watch? 

Ant Man & The Wasp

20 minutes ago, LeighCb said:

Thanks everyone, we'll watch Antman and the Wasp tonight followed by Condorman.

And then if there is anytime on Monday we can watch Captain America 3. 

Of the three you mention- Winter Soldier has the most references in Endgame.

Seeing it tomorrow morning with my 5 year old. He went to his best mates party this afternoon. Best mate saw it on Friday morning, told him to tell said best mate if he tries to talk Endgame with you tell him “no spoilers”.

So we’re just running through what has to happen in the morning before we leave. Leads into talking about Endgame.

A: “In Nana and Grandpa’s paper it said....”
Me: “No. No spoilers!”
A: sheepish grin “Ok. But at sebby’s party he said...”
Me: “NO! STOP.”
A: sheepish grin “Ok”
Silence
A: “it’s some kind of REDACTED”
Me: Vader Noooooooooooooooooooo

spoiled by my own goddamn kin

Just now, Graham said:

Sorry, no can do. Not here and not till I’ve seen it tomorrow morning.

Awww. I just wanted to know what he said to you. I won’t confirm or deny it. No worries though, just be sure to swing by the spoiler thread tomorrow and let me know then.

Looks like it's on track for a billion 

Chalk up another set of box office records for Avengers: Endgame, as Walt Disney Studios reports the film brought in a colossal $156.7 million domestically for the highest opening day of all time in the US. The film debuted 32% ahead of tar Wars: The Force Awakens which opened to $119 million on its first day, and 47% ahead of Avengers: Infinity War which opened with $106 million on its first day. The studio is estimating a $310 to $340 million range for the film’s opening weekend, which would set yet another record.

Internationally the film has brought in $487 million as of Friday night, meaning it has already broken the record for the highest opening weekend internationally of all time with two days still remaining. The film eclipsed The Fate of the Furious‘ $443 million haul. Globally the movie has brought in an estimated $644 million as of Friday, giving it the highest opening weekend of all time with $644 million as of now, that number could go as high as $1 billion for the weekend alone.

2 hours ago, LeighCb said:

Spanner in the works now. I was thinking that's probably an important one. 

It's not three hours long is it? Because if it is I'm watching Condorman instead. 

Honestly, antman and the wasp. I’d explain why, but you don’t want spoilered.

Winter soldier is just a couple of fun callbacks.

Antman and the Wasp is great. Like a genuinely great movie, certainly compared to a lot of the earlier films. 

Walton Goggins and Tim Heidecker are in it. And it's funnier than the first one. 

I assume nothing happens or goes wrong in the quantum realm ever again?