rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Commander Jameson

Avengers: Endgame (April 2019) - no spoilers please

On 26/03/2019 at 18:45, Azrael said:

Where's Korg? :mad:

He'll turn up right at the end. As Thanos is finally defeated, his body will slowly disintegrate and his essence will start to swirl off into the cosmos:

Spoiler

giphy.gif

• Upvote 4

On 26/03/2019 at 18:40, Nick R said:

A new set of 32 character posters:

Those cramped previews make Thor look like an 19th century inspector.

I approve. Thor for going back in time to solve Victorian crime with his awkward adoption of Midgard customs spin off pls. 

Edit: Korg as sidekick. “Hey, man. I'm Korg. We're gonna check out that big pile of cadaver over there for murder clues. Wanna come?”

• Upvote 4

On 14/03/2019 at 12:45, Sidewaysbob said:

Don't go and watch Captain Marvel whatever you do ;)

I agree with this :P

If you wanted to trim all the fat and just watch the bare minimum of the MCU films before Endgame what do you think that list looks like? 

10 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

If you wanted to trim all the fat and just watch the bare minimum of the MCU films before Endgame what do you think that list looks like? 

Avengers Assemble

Guardians of the Galaxy

Civil War

Thor Ragnarok

Infinity War

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, Thor said:

Avengers Assemble

Guardians of the Galaxy

Civil War

Thor Ragnarok

Infinity War

Was in the middle of replying with the same list. Plus Captain Marvel. 

Aye, you could indeed include Captain Marvel, though I daresay she'll have some kind of "introduction" in Endgame much like we saw with most of the Avengers in Assemble, and Doctor Strange in Infinity War. :)

2 hours ago, Thor said:

Avengers Assemble

Guardians of the Galaxy

Civil War

Thor Ragnarok

Infinity War

I'm wondering if Ragnarok even needs to be in that list. Although only a mad-man would pass up a chance to get watch it again.

• Upvote 1

My reasoning is:

Assemble - introduces all the main Avengers and Loki, hints at Thanos.

Guardians - introduces the Guardians and Thanos, and is also a crash course in Infinity stones. 

Civil War - Introduces Black Panther, Ant-Man, Falcon, War Machine, Vision, Wanda, SPIDEY, and the Winter Soldier, shows Rogers and Stark "falling out hard", makes you wonder where Thor and Banner are.

Ragnarok - Tells you where Thor and Banner are, introduces Doctor Strange and Valkyrie, sets up the beginning of Infinity War.

Infinity War - This one's obvious, the events that happen directly before Endgame. :)

Those films provide the main story beats of the Infinity Saga up to Endgame - everything else is origin stories and filling in small blanks. 

• Upvote 3

Ragnarok also introduces Korg which will be important for when he rocks up (pun fully intended) to save the day in Endgame. 

• Upvote 3

Maybe antman or antman and the wasp too if (endgame speculation):

Spoiler

the quantum realm turns out to be pivotal.

Hmmm...

Spoiler

The rest of the Avengers won't have ever heard of the Quantum realm, so we'll likely get a crash course in that during Endgame. 

So, does the Quantum Realm explain why Paul Rudd hasn't aged?

Clueless was on the other day and he looks exactly the same now as he did back when that was made!

• Upvote 6

Aye, he's a real-life time traveller. Appearing in Endgame will be his meta-masterpiece. :coffee:

When do tickets go on sale for this? I thought it was supposed to be today but can't see them for sale. 

Ah, to answer my own question (after doing a webby web search), they were only rumoured  to go onsale today. The important thing is, I didn't imagine it.

Edit: They literally just became available to book as I refreshed the page.

I just came here to post that..... Odeon website is struggling, but I managed to book tickets for the BFI IMAX on Sat 27th - can't wait!! :)

• Upvote 1

Holy moly that was a painful experience. I think it took me 10 minutes from start to finish to book it. It was going as slowly as me going up a slight incline.

The only IMAX I could chose was a 3D one. So I went the small 2D regular joe screen.

Showcase isn't booking yet (always late getting their shit together). What day are people able to buy tickets for? There seems to be some confusion as to the actual release date over here. Showcase says 25th, poster and most places say 26th. I've secured the 25th off work y'see.

Vue is telling me I'm in an hour long queue to get tickets!

Why did they release this in Easter holidays when I'm not in a city with more cinema seats than people.

1 minute ago, Sabreman said:

Showcase isn't booking yet (always late getting their shit together). What day are people able to buy tickets for? There seems to be some confusion as to the actual release date over here. Showcase says 25th, poster and most places say 26th. I've secured the 25th off work y'see.

It is midnight of the 26th isn't (Thursday)

No it is midnight of the 25th in the UK. Though Cineworld time is 11:35pm on Wednesday 24th so I assume the film would start exactly midnight.

Cheltenham Midnight is already sold out, and Gloucester about 10 left - going as I look