rllmuk
Harsin

(Some) Streamers Are The Worst

the red cross reacting to my post I'll take as your reply - don't bother to write any of your usual word salad lengthy responses - as I'm not going to respond as they won't change my mind - you have condemned yourself with that series of tone deaf posts and anything you write now will simply deepen the hole you are digging yourself.

As I said before - you do not understand racism.

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, Clipper said:

Ok Neg - you are either racist or don't understand racism as the above is a sackful of wrong. it is ok to be ignorant but try not to display it quite so blatantly - remember how you were hoodwinked and wrong about Brexit? remember that? Same thing here.. I promise you. 

I live in the meme world. As far as I have seen U Knuckles has not been used to be racist. I'm not sure how misinformation would apply in this particular case.

Ugandan Knuckles IS racist - there are no ifs and buts about this. The same as that Beano strip is racist, Golliwogs are racist, Monty Python was racist at times and lots of other stuff. You think you have some trump card by pointing to the Fast Show and Monty Python and going "HA!!!! See stuff you like is also racist" - because the answer is yes it is...

Monty and Fast Show are not trump cards at all. Fast Show was shown as a representation of memes at it's best. I thought something familiar might help some understand memes better. It didn't. We hadn't moved onto being annoyed by Ugandan Knuckles yet.

Comparing any of that with a joke about English people liking tea is so ignorant of the facts that I am not sure where to start.

So go and enjoy your favourite youtubers, streamers and memes but for god's sake don't share them with us as quite a bit of it is hideously racist.

I'll post what I find funny, sad, and thought provoking like I always have. It's not for you to decide what is racist, but the mods. Thanks

35 minutes ago, NEG said:

As far as I have seen U Knuckles has not been used to be racist.

I had to look up U Knuckles to follow the last few pages of this thread. This is the first thing I found.

Please Neg, tell us you think the above isn't racist.

• Upvote 2

The problem is that it's something he likes therefore he can't accept it might be racist. And anyone pointing it out as racist is as bad as being an actual racist or is somehow some ultra sensitive snowflake demanding censorship of all comedy.

50 minutes ago, memories said:

Post more, hopefully will get you permanently banned.

I'd say I'm safe, in comparison to the behavior displayed in the last couple of pages here.

49 minutes ago, Wroth said:

I had to look up U Knuckles to follow the last few pages of this thread. This is the first thing I found.

That is hilarious, and no, I do not think it racist.

11 minutes ago, NEG said:

I'd say I'm safe, in comparison to the behavior displayed in the last couple of pages here.

It's certainly not hilarious. It might be amusing to a simpleton I suppose. Or a racist. 

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, NEG said:

Cool, post more.

3 minutes ago, memories said:

Cool, post more.

Watch Fallows, he's been streaming decent stuff. :)

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Clipper said:

Ok Neg - you are either racist or don't understand racism as the above is a sackful of wrong. it is ok to be ignorant but try not to display it quite so blatantly - remember how you were hoodwinked and wrong about Brexit? remember that? Same thing here.. I promise you. 

I was going to contribute, but this has saved me the bother.

2 hours ago, Wroth said:

The fuck is this? :lol:

2 hours ago, NEG said:

Go on then, explain why it’s funny.

1 hour ago, Fallows said:

The fuck is this? :lol:

Yeah I don't even understand what I'm watching there. 2019 folks.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Talvalin said:

Can we get back to talking about dickhead streamers now?

I might be on later today if I can get a break. Taking requests on what to play as I want to keep FFVII on my mid-week schedule.

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, Talvalin said:

@NEG For the sake of brevity:

1. The Ugandan Knuckles meme is racist

2. Continuing to post those particular memes on the forum will get you banned

No shit Sherlock, which is why I don't post them on Rllmuk. Even if I do disagree.

3. In general, liking problematic things is actually okay, but putting your fingers in your ears and refusing to listen when other people point out that they are problematic is not okay. 

This one is just insulting. Do you even see the type of conversation that is produced simply because I disagree and discuss and defend my point compared to 'You are just wrong, so there!' type responses? I'm not the one putting my fingers in my ear here. I acknowledged others thoughts when they provide it and I counter them whilst still respecting their view. But they're hellbent on being dicks instead of agreeing to disagree.

Fuck you if you think I ignored what other people have said. Stop acting oblivious like always.

Can we get back to talking about dickhead streamers now?

Ask the other posters, not me. They call it textbook avoidance if I try to point that out myself.

On 26/07/2019 at 13:49, Nequests said:

It's funny how NEG only ever seems to go to bat for the racist dickheads. 

To be fair, he’ll also go out of his way to defend horrible sexists. But it’s not because he’s a sexist, racist cunt, it’s just because he’s so damn stupid. And the pity people have for him because of that means we all have to deal with thread after thread of his racist, sexist drivel. Apparently if he’s so fucking stupid that he just can’t understand what an utter bigot he is, that’s fine.

• Upvote 8
  • Empathy 1

I've run out of patience. He's been slithering around forums I've been on for over fifteen years and it's always the same shit.

17 minutes ago, Nequests said:

I've run out of patience. He's been slithering around forums I've been on for over fifteen years and it's always the same shit.

Fifteen years?

No offence meant @NEG but reading through this I took you to be not far off fifteen. That was the one mitigating strand. Fuck sake get yourself together.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, NEG said:

No shit Sherlock, which is why I don't post them on Rllmuk. Even if I do disagree.

Maybe you could stay in the meme world?

16 hours ago, Camel said:

Yeah I don't even understand what I'm watching there. 2019 folks.

We are all doomed and deserve extinction if this is what's classed as either entertaining or funny . WTF

If anyone here has a nice channel of their own they want to talk about, @Fallows recently made a thread for people to share... :) 

On 29/07/2019 at 11:01, Isaac said:

Toughen up then?

The level of middle class angst on rllmuk sometimes is hilarious.

The same could be said for some of the overreacting when faced with the possibility of their naughty word being frowned upon. ;) 

• Upvote 5

30 minutes ago, Qazimod said:

If anyone here has a nice channel of their own they want to talk about, @Fallows recently made a thread for people to share... :) 

After a few more post I'll begin to update the first with a list. I suppose the rest of the thread can be used to plug whenever any of us go live?

• Upvote 3

Since people were calling for it, I've split the cunt discussion into its own thread and I put it in OT as the discussion is heading in the direction of a discussion about cultural differences.

• Upvote 4

Just seen that Ninja has been from Twitch to Mixer. I dread to think how much money Microsoft offered him to move over.

Tried Mixer once, the design and interface was awful and even the top steamers on there only had a few hundred viewers. 

I wouldn't know him from Adam, but it can't hurt to have viable alternatives. They appear to be more family friendly on Mixer, too. 

I'm so glad they spent whatever ludicrous amount this cost instead of investing that cash in game development.

• Upvote 3

They're doing both. 

What a comical amount of money, probably in line with earnings on twitch? No wonder kids would rather be YouTube celebs than astronauts. 

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1