rllmuk
Harsin

(Some) Streamers Are The Worst

I already explained that comment. Try again.

I'm just going to call it quits, I think. If someone wants to spend their time defending their favourite racist millionaire video game streamer, that's their choice, though I think they're vastly overestimating the intelligence and intent behind such 'characters'. 

• Upvote 3

Don't know where else to drop this... Streaming my majorly distracting working from home environment with prog. music.

Maybe some dog walks later and Bayonetta gameplay.

https://twitch.tv/fallows

Drop in and say hi/keep me sane! plz!!

• Upvote 2

FFS.

Twitch streamer Alinity Divine has been accused of animal abuse after a series of clips of her appearing to antagonize and harm her pet cats went viral.

The controversial Twitch personality can be seen during her July 18 stream playing Apex Legends alongside a few other streamers when her cat makes its way onto her desk. Appearing annoyed, she calls out her cat's name, Milo, and proceeds to seemingly pick it up and toss it over her shoulder. She does this in a swift moment and it looks as though she simply continues the match without any regard to whether the cat was harmed.

https://www.shacknews.com/article/112967/human-garbage-streamer-throws-her-cat-live-on-twitch

Now... although I rarely stream, I know what it's like playing stuff and having cats walking in demanding your attention, but this isn't how you deal with that. Most people are able to be nice to pets and either let them curl up somewhere without disturbing anything, or walk away from the game and make time for the pets, or at least check their food, or water, or whatever. Neither your videogame or your precious #content should take priority.

With her looks I'd guess this won't make much difference to how many watch her on Twitch. The cat chucking wasn't that bad as their legs are basically like springs. I saw one of my own jump down off a second storey window sill and it just walked away without a care in the world. Alinity giving the cat a taste of vodka was pretty fucked up though. I'm sure she'll do some sort of YouTube apology video and then there'll be a load of yet more 'reaction' videos from rival streamers. The vicious circle of the insane world of 'influencers' and everything related will continue.

1 hour ago, Dig Dug said:

She's also known to have given her cat vodka in the past.

She spat conks from her mouth into the cat’s Mouth, which is grim in a variety of ways.

What are/is conks?

Are there any streamers that are just, you know, decent human beings?

20 minutes ago, Camel said:

Me.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Camel said:

What are/is conks?

A conk is a nose.

1 hour ago, Camel said:

What are/is conks?

:: waves ::

Not me.

I stream from a PS4, I always have the quality options on my stream so viewers can select 1080p, 720p, 360p, 160p etc.

My question is about what will look best on the stream itself, assuming the viewer is watching at maximum quality without issue. FYI I play GTA V which is a 30fps game with lots of fast movement which usually gets very compressed and looks quite poor sometimes at 1080/60 which I just assumed is the best quality but have had viewers suggest I try 720p. My upload speed is 18Mb. I just tested a quick stream at the various options available to me, here are the results: https://cubeupload.com/im/Kart/Untitled2.png

While I know native PS4 streams can't match up to the quality of OBS etc, I'm kind of unsure which option to select for the best quality based on my criteria - it looks like I was already using the best option but I am no expert with these things. 

1 hour ago, Haribokart said:

My question is about what will look best on the stream itself, assuming the viewer is watching at maximum quality without issue. FYI I play GTA V which is a 30fps game with lots of fast movement which usually gets very compressed and looks quite poor sometimes at 1080/60 which I just assumed is the best quality but have had viewers suggest I try 720p. My upload speed is 18Mb. I just tested a quick stream at the various options available to me, here are the results: https://cubeupload.com/im/Kart/Untitled2.png

One of the Warframe streamers I watch was talking about his encoding last night, and said he does 720p/60. Reason being the fast movement etc. His stream looks really good to me.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tyagi said:

One of the Warframe streamers I watch was talking about his encoding last night, and said he does 720p/60. Reason being the fast movement etc. His stream looks really good to me.

Thank you, was he a PS4 streamer do you know or using PC?

6 hours ago, tyagi said:

I have to stream Bayonetta at 720p. It's a total muddy mess on anything higher. Even 720p is horrible, to be honest.

That's even with 6000 bitrate, transcoding, and 450mb both up and down.

Do you need to run the actual game at 720 or can you just set your stream to that resolution?

That's right. Although it is advised to set your framerate on multiples of 60. I drop to 120 from 144, usually. I've had choppy streams otherwise.

Speaking of choppy streams, how about a chippy stream? 

Some grim goings on at the Yogscast, it came to light that one of their streamers had been grooming women and young girl fans, and in some cases meeting up and sexually assaulting them (groping, primarily).  Their CEO, "Turps", announced that they'd fired and cut all ties with him:

and then two weeks later, their CEO has resigned because it turns out that he's been behaving along the same lines :facepalm: 

and they're now investigating claims that another one of their members (Sjin) has also been doing the same thing:

Who'd have thought a couple of friends making videos of them playing the Cataclysm beta while talking bollocks about Jaffa Cakes and S Club 7 would lead to them having to manage sexual misconduct dismissals

• Upvote 3

It sounds like they actually handled it professionally, immediately getting an external HR group in to investigate, but yeah, bit grim.

I am so, so damn happy Turps has left. The Instance (WoW podcast) might finally be bearable to listen to again after so many years!!! Always found him annoying.

I remember when Yogscast was just Lewis and that other guy playing Minecraft :lol:

On 22/07/2019 at 10:49, Haribokart said:

Thank you, was he a PS4 streamer do you know or using PC?

Yes, he's PC.

18 hours ago, NEG said:

I am so, so damn happy Turps has left. The Instance (WoW podcast) might finally be bearable to listen to again after so many years!!! Always found him annoying.

Is that the same "The Instance" that was run by some American guy, where utter nutjob Curt Schilling came on every week to talk about how amazing the Kingdoms of Amalur MMO was going to be? I used to listen to that at least ten years ago in the dark Wow days! Or not connected?

4 minutes ago, Moz said:

Is that the same "The Instance" that was run by some American guy, where utter nutjob Curt Schilling came on every week to talk about how amazing the Kingdoms of Amalur MMO was going to be? I used to listen to that at least ten years ago in the dark Wow days! Or not connected?

Run by Scott Johnson so sounds like the one, yes. :)

Latest one no Turp whoo!

Wow that's a blast from the past. Good on him for keeping it going!

• Upvote 1

That's Yogscast apology cascade is quite something.

"After this incident, we are going to enforce the highest standards of behaviour. So, uh, guess I better leave."

• Upvote 4

Sniff. :(

(YT's been demonetising the Francis skits for years now, and Boogie's been losing the lisp gradually since the operation)

Wasn’t Francis irrelevant since a decade? Shouty angry with a quirky side, saying nothing informative.