Hades - Buy it immediately - Slay the Spire X Bayonetta. Ish.

Yeah, it's great. Looks and feels really nice, and there's a strong sense of progression even as you're sent back to the start - whether it's a new weapon, a permanent buff or just a bit of extra story/character stuff. Lovely.

Shield's fun, though I'm struggling to look past the sword, especially when you can enhance its special with deflect. 

12 hours ago, Rudderless said:

Yeah, it's great. Looks and feels really nice, and there's a strong sense of progression even as you're sent back to the start - whether it's a new weapon, a permanent buff or just a bit of extra story/character stuff. Lovely.

Shield's fun, though I'm struggling to look past the sword, especially when you can enhance its special with deflect. 

I've only unlocked the bow - took me a while to get the timing on the power shot but damn it's cool. 

I really love how the randomised ability tweaks work, it's super cool.  The game is a bit like a mashup of Dead Cells & Binding of Isaac, it's neat!

Saving up all my purple for the chain dash though.  SO WANT.  

Just finished the first episode of the documentary and as someone and it's already looking really promising. As someone who loved the combat in Bastion but didn't care much for the story this looks right up my street. Can't wait for it to be released, proper! :)

1 hour ago, VN1X said:

Just finished the first episode of the documentary and as someone and it's already looking really promising. As someone who loved the combat in Bastion but didn't care much for the story this looks right up my street. Can't wait for it to be released, proper! :)

Did you play Transistor? Cos that's such a great game.  It was on ps+ not too long ago so you may even already have it. 

5 minutes ago, robdood said:

Did you play Transistor? Cos that's such a great game.  It was on ps+ not too long ago so you may even already have it. 

Yup! Finished it in about 6 hours and enjoyed it for the most part but did not leave me wanting more. Haven't tried Pyre as it looks about as marmite as you can get! :P

I think Hades might be the one though! 

7 hours ago, SharkyOB said:

Highest recommendation I can think of.

:lol: I got to the last bit of some map and spent five minutes strafing around a room, slowly chipping away at these two enemies who were chucking bombs at me.

I thought "either I've got to do this every run or it's progression based and I've got to slowly grind away until I can eventually one shot these pricks. Either way, I'm not having fun, I'm out."

I felt challenged, but I wasn't having fun. Your mileage may vary.

It just made me want to fire up dead cells.

Buy Leap of Fate instead. It's finished, it's cheaper and it's a blast.

I'll happily try Hades again when it's finished, but right now, nope, not doing it for me.

I'm digging this.  I started again from the beginning to more wisely spend my perma-upgrades, the double dash is absolutely monstrous, way better than I expected. It seems each dash has it's own cooldown, meaning you can essentially infinite chain-dash so long as you don't press the button too quickly.  Love rhythm to it :wub:

I also had a great run just now where I had chain lightning each time I dashed (so good with improved dashing), and a power from Thor with made my sword attack super fast at the cost of the thrust/push move.  Felt like such a badass zipping about!  I still managed to die at the first proper boss though :lol:

I'm definitely feeling like I'm getting the hang of the combat now.  It's lovely to have a dungeon crawler with such tight action controls/mechanics!!

The story bits are so excellently done, I also love that they are totally optional.   But I think skipping them would be daft as it's part of what makes this a less repetitive & more intriguing as a roguelite. 

I'm enjoying this, first time I've bought an early access game and I'm amazed at how polished it is. I'm sure not all early acces games are as well made as this upon first release but I don't have much frame of reference!

Anyway, the game is fun! I've killed the first boss but got killed pretty quickly in the second area. Combat is very different than Dead Cells but it still flows well. Weapon wise I haven't experimented much outside of the sword as that special is so useful when powered up. 

Really like the little elements of story they squeeze into a run based game, including flashbacks and some lovely voiceovers (typical of supergiant). 

Things that I think need improving:

Armoured enemies are a bit of a drag to fight, would prefer the elite system from dead cells.

Balance is off on the god powers, sometimes you get an insane boost (such as 200% power) and it feels a bit broken. 

The rewards for the special rooms (the ones that take health) aren't that great. 

Not all of the upgrades seem that interesting to me, and there aren't many of them. 

I'm nitpicking though. I really like what they've started here, also happy to support Supergiant games as I've liked (or loved in the case of Bastion) all of their previous games. Enjoyed the NoClip documentary too, reminds me of the good old days of Giant Bomb! 

49 minutes ago, PeteJ said:

I've killed the first boss but got killed pretty quickly in the second area.

Is that Meg? I've only had one try at her, she seemed tough as nails! 

I'd encourage you to try the other weapons, it's a bit like monster hunter in that the weapons are pretty unique and make you play in very different ways. 

Yeah I've tried them I just had better luck with the starting weapon. 

My run against Meg was purely the build I had lucked out on during the run. 

Every time I did the AOE attack with the sword it did 200% damage, plus extended reach and a over time damage boost. Almost all enemies it wrecked in one hit so for the boss I just ran around spamming the button. 

22 hours ago, VN1X said:

I'm jealous of @robdood's voice. Perfect for streaming (and swooning people across the world). 

I watched all of his Dark Souls videos on Youtube just to hear his wonderfully caressing tone. :wub: 

He should narrate children's books like Jackanory.