Hades - Buy it immediately - Slay the Spire X Bayonetta. Ish.

That's the only reason I haven't bought it twice honestly. Would love to have a portable version of it but I don't want to re-do 75 hours' worth of progress. Is it something they're planning to do? That'd be excellent.

Started playing this at 10.30 last night and got really stuck into it, managing to get to the third boss. I looked at my watch and it was 1.40 in the morning. Can't remember the last time I was this enthralled with a game. Probably the best fiver I've ever spent (had multiple £10 vouchers to use on the Epic store).

Finally beat those  2 assholes Theseus and Asterius, 41 runs later. Had Theseus down to a fraction so many times but ended up making stupid errors. Now to make sure I can repeat and keep pushing on.

Deflect saved my bacon this time!

I'm starting to hold out for either an Aphrodite or Artemis Call boon on most runs, as a fully charged shot from either of those is usually enough to take out a quarter health bar on the tougher bosses, so it's a solid tactic for finishing them off.

Attempt 31: Got Hades down to a tiny tiny sliver of health before I copped it (with the spear and a special gun/freeze boon). I have real trouble with the perspective and positioning myself behind the rocks to avoid the lasers.

1 hour ago, Benny said:

I'm starting to hold out for either an Aphrodite or Artemis Call boon on most runs, as a fully charged shot from either of those is usually enough to take out a quarter health bar on the tougher bosses, so it's a solid tactic for finishing them off.

Poseidon and Zeus aid both do absurd big damage too when upgraded a bit. Poseidon is especially good if you get the extension on duration. 

Right another evening spent in Hell. I can now comfortably get to Elysium on each attempt and have just unlocked the bird gun. Will have a play around with that tomorrow. Sorry, later today. Man, this game. This game :wub:

12 hours ago, strider said:

Right another evening spent in Hell. I can now comfortably get to Elysium on each attempt and have just unlocked the bird gun. Will have a play around with that tomorrow. Sorry, later today. Man, this game. This game :wub:

Its weird that even though I'm still playing it and loving it, I'm also insanely jealous at anyone experiencing the first 15-20 hours of it. I literally couldn't stop thinking about it - made me feel like the SNES days at school 20 years ago!

Well, I've probably just had the most OP build I've ever managed. Shield of Chaos with Poseidon special that knocks foes away, which also caused rupture. Also the duo boon with Zeus that makes enemies get hit by lightning when knocked away. Also lightning attacks dealt jolted status, for a bit of extra damage. Also the duo boon with Demeter that means Jolted's duration is extended. Also Poseidon's legendary boon that makes knock away effects trigger an extra time. It was very silly.

Here's me taking down the final boss without taking any damage, and the final results screen:

Spoiler

After around 50 clears and all aspects unlocked on top of the final story conclusion (not the credits ending, the other ‘real’ ending) I feel like I’m pretty much done with the game now. It’s the surprise hit of the year for me and should easily end up as the goty for a lot of us. I’m kinda sad that I’ve depleted all its content so I really hope we’ll see an expansion to the game with more stuff to do. 

So much game for such little money. Bought twice on epic (no family sharing boo) but only £13 total. 

Loads still to discover and very satisfying every time I get to smash that wanker Theseus into the ground. 

49 minutes ago, Rayn said:

I really hope we’ll see an expansion to the game with more stuff to do. 

I don't they plan on doing this at all tbh - they indicated as much during the excellent NoClip docu series. 

2 minutes ago, robdood said:

I don't they plan on doing this at all tbh - they indicated as much during the excellent NoClip docu series. 

Yeah, I know :( I still wish it’ll happen, though. Perhaps the success of the game will make them change their minds?

46 Attempts and made it to final boss! Almost had him down but

Spoiler

he pulled the old 80's arcade final boss tactic of regenerating his bloody health! And I was in no fit state to put up a challenge at this point!

Ended up using the fists to get here as it was giving me bonus darkness, and im usually rubbish with them, but as many people have said, you just dont know how your build is going to turn out!

"Good Riddance" is definitely one of my favourite songs in any game ever. It's magical.

Also enjoyed this video from Supergiant about their resident voice actor. I suspected Hades and Asterius have the same voice actor but I'd never have guessed he's the narrator as well.

Just had my fastest run so far. The build was just dodge ability and pure fist damage, and I only died once (minor spoilers for some post credit unlockables btw):

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.bad9570926f7a9300280e02204ae05be.png

I think I may be reaching the limit of how much the game can offer me now in terms of depth, but it took a journey of at least 80 glorious hours to get there. And there's still a lot left to do in terms of character interactions and story. 

I started using the bow, and got a perk where I couldn't charge the shot, but it fired fast as fuck. SO GOOD. Then I got a thing that left damage behind when I dashed and powered that up. THEN THEN THEN OH GOD IT'S SO FUN.

It's like Enter the Gungeon, but not janky, and a bit more restrained.

Unlocked a couple of the chthonic 

Spoiler

Companions

and a recent conversation with Hades 

Spoiler

led to him allowing summons in battles against him.

So, long story short...

Spoiler

I dropped Bouldy on him.

Love this game.

Another 4am session last night then on about my 42nd run earlier this evening finally beat the last boss when I'd already pretty much given up on the run. I never paid enough attention to casts as some of them seemed so useless but without them I'd never have beaten him.

Currently messing about with the Aspect of Hera bow, I thought it was a bit crap at first because it just seemed to use up some cast ammo to get more power. Then something occurred to me so I took the Festive Fog boon from Dionysis and now I'm trying to think of all the ways it could be utterly lethal...

Aspect of Hera can be utterly lethal. It's a boss destroyer. I'm currently on a win streak thanks to it.

This game keeps delivering... Just had some new boss related dialogue that was legitimately the funniest thing in the game.

Just bought this on Switch since it was in the sale and I've heard nothing but goodness about it.

It's totally not the kind of game I'd usually play - any tips or anything I should know before starting it?

It's amazing how much you can disrespect Extreme Measures Theseus using the shield's dash to keep ahead of his attacks. It made me cackle so hard when I realised I could just RTSD.

Spoiler

Also I will take some convincing that Chiron's aspect of the bow isn't the best DPS in the game:

:blink: