IGNORED

Hades - coming to Xbox and PlayStation Aug 13th!

robdood

1 hour ago, skittles said:

Ok. Assuming if I just keep playing i'll eventually be given access to these new weapons.

You need to unlock them using the keys. The next one won't appear until you buy the first.

Spoiler

IIRC you start off with the sword, then you have to buy the spear, which allows you to buy the shield, then the bow, then the fists and then finally the rail gun.

Only once you've got all the weapons can you upgrade them, which is what the Titan Blood is for.

22 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

You need to unlock them using the keys. The next one won't appear until you buy the first.

Hide contents

IIRC you start off with the sword, then you have to buy the spear, which allows you to buy the shield, then the bow, then the fists and then finally the rail gun.

Only once you've got all the weapons can you upgrade them, which is what the Titan Blood is for.

oooooh. VERY intyeresting. Booting now. I have now bought all of the starting four weapons. let's see if it opens up the next two. 

You can buy the first four in any order I think.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been getting back into this. Think I'm on the 19th run and I really want to kick Theseus' head in soon. Hate him and that damn bull. I'm also playing it at 144Hz and it just feels brilliant.

I just met some matey called Patroclus who gave me all my death defiances back, so hopefully the third world boss is going down!

13 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

I've been getting back into this. Think I'm on the 19th run and I really want to kick Theseus' head in soon. Hate him and that damn bull. I'm also playing it at 144Hz and it just feels brilliant.

I just met some matey called Patroclus who gave me all my death defiances back, so hopefully the third world boss is going down!

Patroclus when you're on your last DD is an absolute godsend.

Sadly it didn’t help me enough to beat Theseus, but I made more progress against him than I have previously. I also need to unlock the gauntlets and whatever’s after them. I tend to spend all my keys on unlocking abilities in the mirror, then have none when I come to unlock weapons.

36 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Sadly it didn’t help me enough to beat Theseus, but I made more progress against him than I have previously. I also need to unlock the gauntlets and whatever’s after them. I tend to spend all my keys on unlocking abilities in the mirror, then have none when I come to unlock weapons.

Yeah, once you unlock all the weapons you unlock the ability to upgrade them, which is very useful.

I also posted some excellent, Jamie John-approved tips for the Theseus fight a couple of pages ago, if you're still having trouble. It's ok, you're welcome :hat:

On 20/02/2021 at 19:05, Skykid said:

If you're tempted, but haven't yet bought, and you like having stuff you can touch, the Limited Edition (art book + downloadable soundtrack) comes out in a month. £27.85 at ShopTo just now.

I’m very tempted to double dip just for the art book :wub:

74ECF694-8A95-46F6-BB0C-4A1DE44CD076.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
On 20/02/2021 at 19:11, Jamie John said:

Patroclus when you're on your last DD is an absolute godsend.

Heh, eventually you come to realise that titan jerky (or whatever its called) is waaaaaay more useful! ;)

58 minutes ago, robdood said:

Heh, eventually you come to realise that titan jerky (or whatever its called) is waaaaaay more useful! ;)

This is true. It's a great feeling when you get to him and you realise that you no longer need any DDs restored :) 

Just had Hypnos remind me that was my 100th run with no escape as I dragged my sorry ass out of the river of blood.

Cheers, bro. I'm giving this ambrosia to the dog, now; was going to share it with you.

23 minutes ago, Boothjan said:

I kept seeing people saying they escaped after around 35-40 attempts. 

No way I'm getting out until I'm in 3 figures!

I wouldn’t be so sure. 

I think my first escape was on attempt 35-40 but it took me until about 12 to beat Meg for the first time. The next boss is easier in my opinion so once you crack Meg you’ll feel like you’re making good progress.